The online racing simulator
First of all, I would like to thank everybody for turning up today for what turned out to be a very fun race. I had never really driven the TBO's before so I wasn't too bothered about my pace, I managed to hang on to Pete until about half-distance but was probably too cautious when being lapped and when lapping so eventually I finished quite a distance behind.

Once again, thanks to all who raced and here's to many more years of Sim Racing Society.
License plate stood true.
Wow that was some pass there Toki.

I have to say thanks to the SRS team for hosting such a great event. And Happy Birthday.

I wasn't sure if I would be up to pace for this race, after doing some practice laps early on I found the 3% hard to deal with. Once doing an hour practice together with Reintjan we managed to gain some time and get used to the 3% restriction.

I was really worried about the quali, since im not normaly a one lap master. But wow I pushed the car like hell on my 4th lap and it paid off, taking 4 tenths from Reintjan .
The race was really intense on the first few laps. I felt that the XRT would get away from me, but I knew I had to push in those first few laps to gain an advantage.

But to take the win for the TBO class. I wasn't expecting that. Great race to all, I had no trouble passing or being passed by anyone

Top racing
It was a very very fun race and a totally new experience for me in the TBO as i'm usually found in the Single Seaters. I had all of 3 minutes to sort myself out with a race set from swapping to the XRG to the XRT. But from start to finish was a great adventure for me.

I had many cars overtaking, as well as me overtaking the STD's. I'm really suprised i lasted the whole race tbh and want to say thanks to all the drivers for one of the craziest but cleanest races i've had so far. I've never ever seen so many radical overtaking maneuvers in my life lol!!

Keep up the good work SRS and Happy 1st Birthday!!!

:yummy:
Quote from EliteAti :Check out me and Bean0 overtaking AJ in the early laps, that was even closer to Häkkinen / Schumacher at Spa 2000 You might want to check it out

Yep, That probably looked cool we split them fast

Anyone have a replay they can post up?

Great event! I wish I hadn't been to stubborn to get out of the LX6 though lol But I had no fuel in the end anyway. I ran out before the first split on the last lap and R.D.Long bumped me a little and I stopped about 50ft after the S/F.
hehe. I just saw it as I was scrolling down the page to check this post
That was some stunning race!

Thanks to everyone involved! Thanks to SRS for hosting this, happy 1st birthday from me as well!

I've been fighting Passo in the first few laps, some corners we were side by side while we were being lapped by tbos and lrfs! Was awesome! Then I tried adapting Passo's cornering speed. It all went terribly wrong, my times went worse and worse. Eventually I could race my own race again, but you quick xfgs were simply too far ahead already.
In the end we made 1st, thanks to the great races of Troy and Adam!!!! YAY!!!

Now make an invite-only league, exactly like this event!

greetz

der butz
That was a stunning race, clean fair and more importantly fun. It was my first time in the XRT racing a hour which in the end I was rather pleased. I came last in the class but due to the multiple classes it kept it interesting. I span out in lap 3 or 4 cant remember excatly, after that it was a solo run to the finish.

Happy Birthday guys :balloons::smileyrai:huepfenic:leb::rock_band
Good to see people enjoyed it.

Gotta think about next year, will be hard to do something different again.
Quote from de Souza :Good to see people enjoyed it.

Gotta think about next year, will be hard to do something different again.

IMO the idea worked very well. The only bad thing really was that you had FZ5s doing 160mph trying to overtake an XFG doing 100mph into T1, which was sometimes a bit scary but actually, with the calibre of the drivers we had, really wasn't a problem

Nice and easy to tot up the results too
I think what really helped this event was the invite-only status. All the drivers had respect for each other and I don't think a single person left the event angry due to someone else's bad driving; which is a very rare thing in LFS events.
Yeah... But then again there were cars everywhere, I don't think after 20 minutes or so you could do a clean lap at all. And I didn't see or hear about any accident, which is quite impressive and just shows how good (fast or not) these guys are.

The speed difference was really scary, I found it hard to judge as I came near the T1 braking zone and there was slower cars braking - you come so fast and show a nose, but in the end they brake a lot later and the cornering speed is more similar than you'd expect, so it was usually safer to pass after the corner.

Quite nice to storm through the s/f straight with all those slower cars battling.
yeah, you're right there :-)

Plus if I saw someone fast coming behind me I always tried to leave room to breathe for both of us - even in the corners.
So the fast were careful, the slow were friendly, the event turned out great!
Never had so much fun and excitement in a single multiclass race!

greetz

der still excited butz
Agreed there were some moments which were rather scary or on the gde. But due to skill and showing respect to one and other made the race go as it was. Never seen a 1 hour race with multi classes without any crash. Welltbh I spun out not really a crash. Again the respect and skill of drivers made the difference. For instances try a lap at FM Fox server, I always leave there rather pissed off bcus people dont show respect. Skill part well what can I say there........................ there isnt much around on these servers. Point is, it was a very clean and friendly race, that has been a while I have seen one. Indeed a rare moment.
Yep, an excellent race last night. I totally agree with the above, it was a pleasure to race with all involved.

I spent most of the race battling with Ati, catching the slower classes at better or worse spots caused the gap to vary but it was always close. Shame de Souza timed out, it could have been a 3-way fight for a lot of the race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG