The online racing simulator
LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
why do you want twin engines? you have closer races with smaller karts and don't worry about long outdoor tracks... we have loads of them
as we saw in the previous event, weight is quite a big disadvantage in smaller karts, not so much for me, u and scotty. but for some others
Quote from Bob Smith :That seems unlikely since it is already the 4th.

There is always someone smarter than me

For May read July. Does that not occur where you live
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :as we saw in the previous event, weight is quite a big disadvantage in smaller karts, not so much for me, u and scotty. but for some others

Thats fine for me The thing is though you're always going to have an advanatage with hire karts. The only way you can prevent this is by bringing everyone and their karts up to a set weight.

When I raced karts I had 25kgs of extra weight and more than half a tank of fuel (had a mark on the tank that I couldn't go below :razz added to my kart to bring me up to weight

Keiran
Quote from Becky Rose :Do Ryanair fly to Germany?

Yep, they do.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :and GP4Flo are the karts in germany twin engined on a 1km track? if they are then maybe thats something to think about for 2007

No, outdoor tracks with such karts are usually more expensive as well. Btw, will we get proper clothing and safety stuff there? I've never driven such fast karts.
just courious: what are usually the specs (hp, weight, top speed) of the karts on british outdoor kart tracks?
Probably two Honda GX200s which make about 13hp together I think (someone who knows more please correct me if I'm wrong). They are heavy since they have to withstand lots of use (not sure of exact value). Top speed is probably 50-70mph.

As for the event, I don't have enough money and if there's an age limit of 16 (is there?) I'm not old enough
how old are u? if u have your MSA licence i bet they would let u on, ive seen like 13 year olds on the twins. its fine.

they use 2 GX160s and yea they make around 13hp, really good fun. The weight including driver is around 200kg, and as leifde said, its coz they are beefed up.

U dont need any licence to race
Do we need a license of some sort? I have a driving licence anyway, just asking for those that havent
yes definately interested in some real racing

I think a midlands venue would be best as people will be coming from all over
the country.

Milton keynes or Whilton Mill should do nicely, twin engine karts are fast so it will be V fun!

Count me in. I will bring mates too.
Quote from anttt69 :I will bring mates too.

This is kinda an LFS event. More importantly, do u want your mates to think u are a geek?

ok we have 28 people now, only need another 20 people until we are full. Ill PM the devs and see if they are intrested again.
No to random mates, unless they have a licence (no 'he's my mate, and he played the demo yesterday' tricks).
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :how old are u? if u have your MSA licence i bet they would let u on, ive seen like 13 year olds on the twins. its fine.

they use 2 GX160s and yea they make around 13hp, really good fun. The weight including driver is around 200kg, and as leifde said, its coz they are beefed up.

U dont need any licence to race

I got my MSA license last weekend but there's still the problem of money
Quote from Leifde :I got my MSA license last weekend but there's still the problem of money

sell your soul, im sure they sell well on ebay
new details in post 1.
Quote from dUmAsS :sell your soul, im sure they sell well on ebay

Good idea but I think I might need it.
Okay, we've got a lot of interest already. I think it's time to actually book something so we have a definite date. Of course some people are going to be disappointed, but we can't please everyone all of the time

So what are we going for Will? 1st July at Whilton? Can we confirm that with them?
Once it's booked we need to start collecting money to send to them. I'd imagine this will be in the form of a deposit and an on the day payment, like last year. I don't have figures yet, but I'd guess it'll be half and half, so £25 per person.

Payment. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. The easiest way is to send one person a cheque make out to the raceway, and they can be forwarded en-masse when enough have been recieved. I am personally happy to do this, although if anyone has a preference for someone else to do it (I might be some internet fraudster doing a long con) then that's fine by me. Fordman did it successfully last year, but the stress turned him grey(er), so he'll probably tell us where to stick it this year.

Anyway, we don't have a definite date yet, or confirmation of deposits, or even deposit deadlines. So no sending money to anyone about this just yet (unless you wish to bribe me to cut the wheels of the fast guys karts). When we have details like this I'll start a new thread for definites. This thread can be for generally chit chat about it then, sebject to moderation.
Quote from tristancliffe :

unless you wish to bribe me to cut the wheels of the fast guys karts

£5 in the post
£5!!!! I'll have you know I use the finest hacksaws in the land!
Ok, £6
£20 is my bid
£20.01

what are we bidding for again? for tristan as a slave for a day?
tristan not to post for a day
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :tristan not to post for a day

£1000000000000000000!!!

LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG