The online racing simulator
Thread deleted, my bad
(37 posts, started )
Thread deleted, my bad
Quote :By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

lol sorry I just noticed that, my fault. the vid isn't meant to be offensive, it's a bunch of friends that like to swear a lot, but if anyone did get offended, my apologies ok, I wrote that as more of an objective news article, it wasn't intended to be upsetting, and sorry if anyone was, just to set the record straight.
I think the best idea is to send a PM to one of the moderators if it's something you want to add as comment to the deleted topic. I did not see the topic itself, so I have no idea what it was about, neverthless, we all do mistakes, no one will hang you for that

But as said, in future, if it's a question about moderating on the forum, please send Franky, Bob or Sam a message, since they are the ones that actually can do things in these cases
Huh?
Since when are you in LLM?
#4 - amp88
Quote from Pablo Donoso :lol sorry I just noticed that, my fault. the vid isn't meant to be offensive, it's a bunch of friends that like to swear a lot, but if anyone did get offended, my apologies ok, I wrote that as more of an objective news article, it wasn't intended to be upsetting, and sorry if anyone was, just to set the record straight.

I don't understand how you could even think that given what you linked to. For anyone who was fortunate enough not to see it, he linked to a video where people were 'fighting' each other over the internet by shouting racist abuse and otherwise insulting each other.
I'm quite shocked that I get away with the amount of sexual innuendo that i've come out with over the years, I only just realised i'm meant to keep it clean. To reduce chance of infection and all that.

I meen infecting the minds of the innocent, of course.

Pervs.
#6 - G!NhO
Quote from amp88 :I don't understand how you could even think that given what you linked to. For anyone who was fortunate enough not to see it, he linked to a video where people were 'fighting' each other over the internet by shouting racist abuse and otherwise insulting each other.

lol whats so hard to understand about it? I labeled the thread exactly what it was about, "Internet Fight Rooms - Interactive Entertainment", which I wrote as objectively as I could, in a non-biased manner to share with others something I'm a part of, that maybe they might like to take part in as well. At the time, I wasn't aware of the forum's "no hate" policy, which I am now.

I wrote an apology thread only because I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, just as in the original thread, I clearly stated that fightrooms are not serious, but people tend to take them seriously. They are more or less just another form of entertainment, plain & simple.

All those people are friends I've known over a few years, we're not bad people, we just like to clown on each other verbally. It's not even close to being serious, everyone is just f*cking around having some laughs because we all enjoy it, as a form of entertainment.

From a 3rd person point of view, I can see why you think it's wrong, but you're just not used to that level of communication. If you spent enough time with us, you'd see that it's nothing more then a bunch of friends having a good time. We all have friends that we make fun of in a teasing sorta way, we're no different from that, we just bumped it up a few levels.

The object is not to insult the other person with malicious intent, the object is to make them and the whole room laugh because your jokes are better, so they give up because they know they've been owned. Sometimes it gets outta control, it reflects our passion for aggression.

If we talked like that in any other chat / forum, what would happen? We'd get banned or content removed. That's the point of a FightRoom, to excersize our lawfully given right to "freedom of speech", and took it even further by not putting limitations on vocabulary. All it takes for someone to really understand what it's about is to not listen to the words themselves, listen to the way they are being expressed.

Unless you have experienced it first hand, your impression was based on a few seconds of material, that came from a group of friends spanning a few years. Trust me, it's not even as bad as you're making it out to be man.
Let others decide for themselves. If they don't like it, that's ok, if they do like it, that's ok too, Fightrooms aren't for everyone, only for midget asians like me, that can take a joke and dish it right back.

if you consider that is fun doing a racist abuse in a way you trying to explain....your life. I dont consider it funny at all even it is meant in different way.

Something not right here
Quote :If we talked like that in any other chat / forum, what would happen? We'd get banned or content removed.

there's your problem right there...
#10 - SamH
Quote from Pablo Donoso :to excersize our lawfully given right to "freedom of speech"

And there's the other. You don't have a right to freedom of speech on this forum, so it's probably a good idea to concentrate on that for a moment and get used to the idea.

What we practice is a type of liberty of speech that is tempered by freedom FROM abuse, offense and insult. We also practice a policy of "if we don't like it, we'll get rid of it".
This is a 'family forum', you don't have to be over 18 to be a member.
This means not posting a load of swearing and shit.

Freedom of speech != Freedom from consequences.
Quote : At the time, I wasn't aware of the forum's "no hate" policy, which I am now.

I wrote an apology thread only because I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

When I said freedom of speech, it was in referrence to the fightroom, not here.

When I said we'd get banned in chats or content removed, was a rhetorical question in referrence to the freedom of speech comment.

Quote : At the time, I wasn't aware of the forum's "no hate" policy, which I am now.

I wrote an apology thread only because I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

sorry, I didn't know at the time about that policy but now I do, It won't happen again. Apprantly I have to clarify everything I already clearly stated.

I just have 1 question, back when I joined, and made a serious report on someone I assumed was scripting, not only did I get "hated" on, and ridiculed by others, where was the intervention to put a stop to it?

I then asked someone to close or remove the thread to stop the negativity it generated because I didn't want that to be what others to associate LFS with "flamebating" or "trolling", where was the willingness to get involved then?

Oh thats right, the one that was supposed to be doing that joined in on the mob that mocked me for reporting a person spamming scripts. I guess the rules don't apply to everyone.

I apologize for the link to that video, and for anyone that took it seriously.

I won't apologize because of other people's inability to read in full, their lack of comprehension on what they are reading, or for the followers that have no clue as to what's going on and yet feel the need to pass judgement while being clueless as to what was initially stated TO BEGIN WITH.

Take that as you wish.

Take that as you wish
The Very End, that last part wasn't about you bro... xD that was just the ones trying to jump on the bandwagon as opposed to trying to resolve the situation.
Quote from Pablo Donoso :The Very End, that last part wasn't about you bro... xD that was just the ones trying to jump on the bandwagon as opposed to trying to resolve the situation.

Can you link it in PM? Me and mates find that sort of thing amusing between us, and probably that video aswell.

Haha.
Pablo can you share that link to me in PM?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :if you consider that is fun doing a racist abuse in a way you trying to explain....your life. I dont consider it funny at all even it is meant in different way.

Something not right here

+1

If you need to throw abuse at each other to have fun then there's something wrong with you.
Quote from amp88 :+1

If you need to throw abuse at each other to have fun then there's something wrong with you.

Exactly. You should throw stuff, it'll have more of an impact (literally and figuratively... mostly literally).
Quote from amp88 :there's something wrong with you.

No wonder, he's rapper, or at least trying to be.
lol ok ponder this and prove my logic flawed, if you can.
Im surprised people think they are better then everyone else just because they don't cuss, guess what to those self proclaimed "better people"...

...you're no different then muslims that think americans are evil because we eat cows, no different from those same americans that look down on chinese and filipino people for eating quadripeds, and no different from south africans thinking the native africans are worse then they are so they don't deserve any of the diamonds that rightfully belongs to the natives, just like america did in it's past to native americans.

Are Americans evil because we eat cows? No, it is only wrong to muslims because they were taught to believe that eating cows is wrong. Does that make it wrong? No it is only wrong by personal belief, it does not make them a better person because they don't eat cows.

Are Chinese and Filipino people wrong for eating quadripeds? No, both countries have people dying of starvation, food is food, and being half Chinese, I've lived in both countries and have seen it firsthand. It is only wrong to Americans because we were taught to believe eating animals other people consider common househeld pets is wrong.

Are native africans or native americans any less entitled to what is rightfully their's to begin with, simply because they happened to be less modernized then the nations that ruthlessly pillaged and plundered them without giving anything back? No, they are not, yet others feel the need to impose their own personal agendas / beliefs onto other people.

Just because I like to swear, does not make anyone else better or worse then I, it only means I choose to use words other's don't use simply because they were taught it is wrong to swear. They are afraid to use it because it will upset other people or afraid that it will make them less of a person. Don't impose what you were taught to believe on someone else, that's like Jehovas Witnesses that everyone else bags on constantly.

Anyone else want to judge me because I enjoy swearing, go ahead, I can guarantee I don't need to swear to win a debate over ethics, because frankly I could care less about people who truly believes they are better then other's for any reason. We are all equal, as I said before in this forum numerous times, nobody is better or worse then anyone else, just more or less fortunate as far as lifestyle is concerned.

note: All this came from a person that also smokes weed, to anyone that doesn't smoke, still think not smoking makes you better or smarter? Trust me, It doesn't, you only think it does.
There's a difference between swearing and throwing abuse (including racist abuse) at people to have fun.
The 1st amendment of the United States says the following:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

What's the First amendment have anything to do with a post being deleted on a forum? The first amendment just says that the government isn't allowed to make a law that doesn't let you practice freedom of speech, religion, assembly or press. You have absolutely no right to post on a private internet forum.

Quote from Pablo Donoso :Im surprised people think they are better then everyone else just because they don't cuss

How do you know what other people are thinking? I may have to brush up on my ESP skills so I can do the same.
Quote from wheel4hummer :
What's the First amendment have anything to do with a post being deleted on a forum?

Err, the whole part about being entitled to free speech maybe??

Although it apparently doesn't apply on the internet so i'm lead to believe.
lol you guys missed to point completely @ amp & hummer. I already apologized, now I'm just pointing out why I condone something you both obviously don't because you believe swearing is wrong.

Swearing is only wrong to you, it is also wrong on this forum, which I already apologized for doing, however, the point is that just because it is wrong to you, does not make it wrong to someone else, you are only following what you were taught to believe, I'm the type to see a bigger picture, and make my choices based on what I believe is right and wrong.

Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong when it comes to what you believe.

In this case, the only wrongdoing was when I posted the link in a non-hate forum to the public with vulgar content.

Do I have to re-iterate it for any other person that still clearly does not grasp the concept of an apology already stated several times?

A-P-O-L-O-G-Y, letting others know that a previous regretful action or statement was a mistake, reassurance it won't happen again, & usually followed by an explanation of how or why it happened.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Err, the whole part about being entitled to free speech maybe??

Did Pablo Donoso get arrested by the police for the post? Otherwise his 1st amendment right was NOT violated. You are not entitled to free speech from anyone but the government, in the united states. The government cannot pass a law that limits your freedom of speech. No-one else besides the government has to give you freedom of speech. If I own a newspaper I don't have to let you write an article in it.

Quote from danthebangerboy :Although it apparently doesn't apply on the internet so i'm lead to believe.

The United States 1st Amendment does apply on the internet.

Quote from Pablo Donoso :because you believe swearing is wrong.

I do?

Quote from Pablo Donoso :the point is that just because it is wrong to you, does not make it wrong to someone else

Obviously it doesn't make it wrong to someone else. it makes it wrong for someone else.

Quote from Pablo Donoso :you are only following what you were taught to believe

What was I taught to believe?
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : doulbe post
yeah one is free to say whatever he wants.

whether they will be tolerated, however, is a whole different discussion.

Thread deleted, my bad
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG