The online racing simulator
problem with windows7
(23 posts, started )
problem with windows7
Hello,

it's now more than 1 month that i didn't play lfs anymore, because of when i play, lfs close and turn back to desktop.
At 1st i was thinking of not supported drivers on win7 rc1, but i tried new and old one and it still the same, after i think about win7 rc1 was maybe not fully compatible for lfs, then i installed a newer build (build 7232 64bits), same with lfs, this morning i tried to reinstall lfs from 0 with not patching the z13, and it's the same, lfs keep close and turning back to windows desktop, it happend sometimes after only 1min of play and sometimes i can play more than 1hour before the crash comes.

my config:

windows 7 build 7232 64bits
core2duo e6850 3ghz
asus Maximus Forumla motherboard
4gb ddr2 ram
2 x 150gb raid 0 (system)
1 x 750gb (data)
GeForce 8800GTS 512

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 486b6f3b
Fault Module Name: LFS.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 486b6f3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f6c49
OS Version: 6.1.7232.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4108
Additional Information 1: 4709
Additional Information 2: 4709938665fa84e3ff99c8cbe11223bb
Additional Information 3: 4ce4
Additional Information 4: 4ce4c8d47c92151b30815d7a027c2228

i hope someone will have a solution for me

sorry for bad english
Do other games work fine?

/I am running 64-bit RC and everything is fine.
Did you try the option to emulate windows Xp.
There is new option in windows 7 so that my be more compatibile
Quote from Shadowww :/I am running 64-bit RC and everything is fine.

Yup, no problems here either.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Did you try the option to emulate windows Xp.
There is new option in windows 7 so that my be more compatibile

Would you really play LFS with 3 fps?
I just heard about that possibility so I wanted to try him something first.
Is it really giving so low FPS?

I dont have the new hardware yet(went to RMA right after I bought it:-( ) which support virtualization.
It uses software Direct3D emulation.
Just wonderng how you can using virtualization on your hardware which does not support it
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Just wonderng how you can using virtualization on your hardware which does not support it

If you are speaking about me... Mine CPU supports AMD-v.
#10 - arco
Check your memory. Hit Win+R and type mdsched, then press enter. Most probably though, there's something wrong with the graphics card, if crashes only happens during gaming.
Quote from Shadowww :If you are speaking about me... Mine CPU supports AMD-v.

I thought AMD added it later. My fault.
Sorry for kidnapping the thread a bit.
-
(george_tsiros) DELETED by george_tsiros : redundant
i actualy have 186.18 whql nvidia 64bits drivers for win7

can't test with other games, i only have LFS here with this pc
Try downloading Nexuiz, it's free and very good fps game with pretty decent (better than CS: Source) graphics.
Quote from Shadowww :Try downloading Nexuiz, it's free and very good fps game with pretty decent (better than CS: Source) graphics.

What does that help his crashing of LFS.exe?
Quote from Feffe85 :What does that help his crashing of LFS.exe?

It's to determine if the problem is limited to LFS or occurs with other games too
Quote from morpha :It's to determine if the problem is limited to LFS or occurs with other games too

I meant the downloading of a game (that i for one have never heard of), when most people already would have more then LFS on their comp..
Quote from Feffe85 :I meant the downloading of a game (that i for one have never heard of), when most people already would have more then LFS on their comp..

He sad he only had lfs on that computer

try arco`s idea or download a game or demo like arco sad mabe its your video card thats gone to shit.
ALUCARD, What brand of DDR2 are you using? I only ask because I have seen alot of issues with the asus maximus and rampage boards not running stable at high RAM FSB.
I had an similar problem running quality 1066mhz rated DDR2, turned it down to 800Mhz and all ran fine, (IIRC they fixed it with a bios update (I'm not completely sure)) If it is your system and not LFS, I would expect any other fullscreen 3D game/demo to be unstable also, so its well worth checking, you might want to try orthos or prime95 to test how stable your PC is.

Did you build it yourself?

Good luck.

SD.
i've installed and tested frontline fuel of war and no problems.
but, i have an appcrash error with firefox too sometimes.

@ SparkyDave: i'm using 1066Mhz Kingston hyperX ddr2, i'll try to downclock them on 800Mhz, thx for the tip, i'll hope it will work for my lfs issue
The über thing, and also the curse of PC's, is that you can have a wide variety of different hardware and software mixed together, which unfortunately can affect performance and stability. But on top of that, Win7 is brand new - too new to expect all software to run smoothly on it.

I've installed Win7 RC1 64bit on a different drive to test it out. Starting LFS results in a prompt BSOD. w00t w00t? I've learned (Google is a good mentor) that it's either my anti-virus or firewall app causing this. Can't remember right now, I just go and disable them both and then LFS works perfectly - how much sense does that make?

I have other issues of well, all reminding me of my old principal about never to change OS until there is at least one service pack release for it. I'm just too eiger these days to jump onto the 64bit wagon, and XP 64bit is supposedly just a big nono

iCry
ftr, I am using panda AV with no probs and firewall settings on default W7 64beta build 7100, I can post hw specs too if anyones interested.

SD.

problem with windows7
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG