The online racing simulator
Is the full version any better than the demo?
By that i mean is it more of the same or is the demo just a teaser?

I'm into my racing games, always have been, but have only just purchased a wheel as i found toca RD3 to have everything i liked about MP racing without feeling too arcady. I read about LFS on the trickery forums (it was an old post from last year but i read it on the same date this year so thought the game was new lol) and downloaded the demo. Found the realism to be immense and loved the challenge (not least getting my pedels to work properly lol). But alas found myself going back to toca rd3 each night.

Will the full version offer more for me and become money well spent in that my driving time online would increase in LFS? IIRC the content of the full version dosn't offer much more (more cars but only a few tracks?), excuse my ignorance if im wrong.

Oh hello btw 1st post here, my wheel is a Momo Racing, and i dont drive in real life (leave that up to the misses)
Demo has what, 9 combinations of car/track possible. S2 has over 800 now iirc.

So yes, LFS is much better than the demo, though soley because of:

1. More cars and tracks - 16 extra cars and about 40 different track layouts
2. Stat Logging on LFSW
3. Usernames, so wreckers (which are rare anyway) can be properly banned
4. Better standards of driving (see 3)
5. Automatic skin downloading - adds to the immersion imo
6. Satisfaction of supporting the devs

Personally I tried RD3 and thought it was a complete load of tosh, so you and I obviously want different things from driving games. If you want a sim get LFS, if you want quick hits, without fear of crashing or even spinning most of the time, then play RD3. The choice, as they say, is yours.
Quote from tristancliffe :3. Usernames, so wreckers (which are rare anyway) can be properly banned

Not that rare.
Tottally worth your money. Plus, it took 3 people to develop this game. That right there shows that Victor, Eric and Scawen (the "devs" as we lovingly call them) care more about your gaming experience than fluff and marketing.
it's a very good demo - if you don't like it you won't like the full thing.
Well.... if the demo is this:
Attached images
lflaske.jpg
Then the S2 is this:
Attached images
lfustager.jpg
Well put ^^
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Ok thanks, didn't realised there was much more. Shall go and purchase S2 now
Quote from [PTG]Chef_uk :Ok thanks, didn't realised there was much more. Shall go and purchase S2 now

And you're licensed already, congrats! Hope to see you on track soon!
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Then the S2 is this:

Hey, I didn't get any kegs with my S2 license
Quote from traxxion :And you're licensed already, congrats! Hope to see you on track soon!

Yup, redownloading version U again, cant find it from earlier on my HDD, only Q
i was skeptical, s2 is worth every penny.
Do the kegs come with the Jewel Case?

I wasnt my kegs. Anyone else had their Kegs?

Dammit, 24 ****ing quid this 'simulatory racing experiance' cost me, and everyone gets their Kegs apart from me . . . .

That's it. I've had enough. Unless I see my kegs in my house by the end of the week then I'm . . .I'm . . . . I'm . . . . Just gunna carry on playing LFS like any good addict.

[Ontopic] Dewd. If your into your racing games then I'm surprised you ain't signed up to LFS already . . . If you are truly into your racing games then you will never use a racing game again and will truly understand what a racing simulation is all about . . . .[offtopic]

Kegs?
It's official, im about to remove the Toca 3 disc from the drive where it has sat since release. I have had my antticipation to play Toca each day quashed and replaced. Here is the end of my Toca days.

RIP

December 1997 - May 2006
LONG LIVE LFS \o/
It's is always a bitter sweet day when a new and decent Sim comes along to upsurp the last. I still have GPL and GTR and intend on getting GTR2 when it comes out, but LFS has been on my HDD in demo form for ages, only recently got the cash together to get it. Worth every penny and then some. So far I've convinced 3 folk to go buy Steering/wheel pedals and the game by letting them play the LX4 and 6 and the V8 single seater. OMG such good fun.

How can you beat that beer analogy?
" Is the full version any better than the demo? "

Are you serious ?
Sorry but don't belive my eyes...

Is the full version any better than the demo?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG