The online racing simulator
Anyone else see the new Redbull exhaust? Looks like they took inspiration from the FormulaV8 here on LFS
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Anyone else see the new Redbull exhaust? Looks like they took inspiration from the FormulaV8 here on LFS.

LOL it wasn't just me!

I couldn't work out what they were
Quote from el pibe :omg.... that was such an epic race !

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu kimi ! u ruined sutil's race ! ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! he was going ftw !

It wasn't epic and it wasn't Raikkönen's fault.
According to Sam Michael, Rosberg had a fuel pickup problem, had to pit early and drove the rest of the race with 15kg extra fuel. An even more stunning performance than it first appeared.
get rid of jordan please.....

bring back mike gasgoine (sp?) the race where he was on the panel it rocked so much..

100x better than jordan.
just saw the pre-race show. Damn, You really can't sing in german!
A brilliant piece of driving by Hatemelol, demostrating all the things I love to hate about him without having to make anything up. Lack of sense, lack of awareness, a willingness to give up (I bet Schumi or Alonso wouldn't have remained one lap down, and been the only lapped car, even considering the [improved] car he's driving).

Anyway, great job by Webber. Didn't put a foot wrong all race (the penalty was entirely undeserved), and overcame the bad luck that naturally came his way. Was surprised how slow the Brawns were, even given low qualifying fuel and cold (but warmed on race day) weather, and tickled by Ruben's throwing of toys out of his pram because he wasn't as quick as Jenson overall. Again.

I really do think that Brawn are going to have to back their man from now on though, and get Rubens to do a little bit more support work, even if they have to do it 'secretly'. I don't believe they have yet though.
Tristan i agree, hearing hamilton want to park it was well, quite sad tbh and his start was fairly agressive, although i dont think it was solely his fault, i mean webber and rubens bashing wheels is also partly to blame. But i wont agree that it's somthing he always does, also i dont think he WANTED to be a lap down. He basically started the race 1 lap down so ended it like that, dont forget these cars are all a LOT closer spread now so seeing cars 3, 2 or even 1 lap down is rare apart from problems.
Quote from tristancliffe :A brilliant piece of driving by Hatemelol, demostrating all the things I love to hate about him without having to make anything up. Lack of sense, lack of awareness, a willingness to give up (I bet Schumi or Alonso wouldn't have remained one lap down, and been the only lapped car, even considering the [improved] car he's driving).

Hamilton's floor was damage with the puncture. The pre-race reports said no rain, he had no grip, and he now has to race the engine and gearbox again in Hungary. I'd say he was just being sensible considering the lack of speed he had due to damage. Had he retired I believe he would have got a free gearbox change as well.

And Schumi wouldn't have been a lap down ?? WHen he has a lack of 'awareness' at the start he usualy ends up in the tyre wall - http://www.dailymotion.com/vid ... o-et-schumi-hockenhe_auto
Something I don't understand is how Hamilton's floor got damaged when his right rear tyre hit Webber's left end fence on the front wing square on. Any thoughts?
the flapping tyre i would have thought. I doubt the damage would be too major. But enough for Hamilton to describe it as 'driving on ice'
Ah, yes. I hadn't thought about the flailing tyre. Thanks.
I love Ross Brawn's reply to Rubens, along the lines of "I don't know how he was expecting to win a race with the 11th fastest lap time."
Quote from spookthehamster :I love Ross Brawn's reply to Rubens, along the lines of "I don't know how he was expecting to win a race with the 11th fastest lap time."

Rubens needs to stfu and thank his lucky stars he is still allowed to drive for yet another top team despite his average as always performances.
Apparently Rubens has the ability to find a good set ups with his engineers that has proved very valuable to Button this year. That's why he may still have a seat.
Thanks for clearing that up BenjiMC. I wounder why I never noticed it at Silverstone. I think the Hamilton incident was 50:50. IF he had pulled it off and ended up 1st going into turn two we would all be praising him - but as the saying goes, you cant win the race in the first corner.
hahah. True. :P
Quote from Intrepid :Apparently Rubens has the ability to find a good set ups with his engineers that has proved very valuable to Button this year. That's why he may still have a seat.

Much like Alonso did for Hatemelol?
lol your hatred for Hamilton is getting a bit much now tristan. Hamilton still won last year in an inferior car to the Ferraris and without (the superb) Alonso.

Then we look at this year. barcelona the McLaren was 2-3 seconds off the pace. now it's capable of podiums if not wins. Who's their number 1 driver??? had it been Alonso and not Hamilton helping to 'develop' I am sure your local shop would be clean out of Kleenex!
Great result for Webber. Good to see the monkey off his back. If he's following in Button's footsteps he might be gunning for the championship in another 3-4 years

Quote from tristancliffe :Much like Alonso did for Hatemelol?

You say that like it matters.

Btw, Hatemelol is a desparately poor nickname. You guys really should drop it as it's quite embarrassing.

Formula 1 Grosser Preis (Grand Prix) Santander von Deutschland 2009
(460 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG