The online racing simulator
Skins aren't converted to DDS
(14 posts, started )
I recently redownloaded LFS to a new computer. I wanted to save my old skins, so I put it on a USB drive and copied the skins folder. I then replaced the new skins folder with the old skins folder, but when I started LFS, the skins weren't converted to .dds files so they weren't there. I have compressed skins enabled.
Do they have the correct car abbreviation at the front of the name (e.g. XFG_skinname; XRG_skinname, etc.)?
Yes.
No idea then, sorry. I'm not too much of an expert regarding skins, though.
This has got me stumped as well, as long as the files are in the lfs/data/skins folder, are named correctly, and are exactly 1024x1024 in pixel size, then there is no reason why they shouldn't work, all the ones i have copied over from various installs/patches always have.

If it comes to it The Architect, if you send me the JPGs then i will convert them to DDS and then send them back to you, so you can then put them in the skins_dds folder, which has to work.
I know why they wont convert, its because some of your JPG's are 2048x2048, and alot of them are 512x512, thats why they won't convert, as they need to be 1024x1024 to start with.

Im resizing them and doing it now mate.
False. Even 4096 JPG's are converting fine.
Quote from Shadowww :False. Even 4096 JPG's are converting fine.

Yeah, but 512's won't though, apart from helmet skins, for car skins 512 is too small.
Even 128's are.
No they arent shadowww, i have just tried on my lfs Z and if they aren't 1024 or bigger they don't work,although it could be something wrong with my LFS why they won't convert .
All done, i am now waiting for the ZIP file to upload to my snapdrive, and 54mb on a 4 kbps connection may take a couple of hours to do.

Once its done i'll add the link in here.
Thanks a billion dan. Really appreciate it!

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG