The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
#151 - Uke
I get one green and one red, what should i do?
Is your copy of LFS unlocked? Have you tried refreshing the S2 server list at least once (ever) before launching the mod?
Why do I get a "host is a different version" error when trying to connect to 0.5x12 with 0.5x10 client?

It's just the server on my home network, the other x12 hosts online work fine.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
There's one thing that is worse... how can I make the car take off when it goes backwards like in real life? Is it possible in LFS?
What?
He's talking about the air brakes on the cars, that (do, but are not meant to i guess) make the car flip over due to the immense drag.
Quote from hyntty :What?

You know.... when a NASCAR spins and whenever it goes fast backwards, its rear end takes off. Video
Wouldn't that happen to 20 cars in every race if it was just about going backwards?
Quote from Flame CZE :There's one thing that is worse... how can I make the car take off when it goes backwards like in real life? Is it possible in LFS?

No, it's impossible with LFS' aero model.
Can someone help me with a patch X to X10?
wow bob this is cool. I never thought that their would have been so much power in the back wheels as there is.
Has anyone got any skins for the NAS yet? I found this Jeff Gordon one, it's not my skin but it's renamed to NAS and i thought i'd share it Credit goes to original author
Attached images
NAS_09JGordonHR.jpg
I'll repackage the mod with these skins (assuming you guys give me permission?) and the updated vehicle weekend after next (as that's when I'll get the internet at home again).
You've got my permission Bob I'll post the skin file link when I release it.

Edit: Here it is Bob
here are a couple you can use,
Attached images
NAS_Dew11.jpg
NAS_MD11.jpg
Are those your own skins?
can someone give me the pro AI file for kyoto?
Wow, this is awesome.

If there was just a new car model it would be perfect, the XRT looks kinda retarded now lol.
looking forward to a version that works with the latest patch.
Can't help on that front until I've got a lot more time on my hands, but I can offer an updated version of the mod:

Changes:
  • Static weight distribution moved forward by 2%
  • Fuel tank moved rearwards
  • Body lowered, centre of gravity altered to be 14.5" above the ground with driver in, but without fuel, on a low setup (i.e. what a high setup will squat to at speed)
  • Inertia increased in pitch and yaw by 6%, decreased in roll by 3%
  • Engine power increased by 7% to make up for drivetrain inefficiency in LFS (wheel horsepower should now be accurate), rpm reduced a little
  • Aero distribution moved forward to maintain balance with new weight distribution
  • Revised suspension geometry at front (shorter instant swing arm for more aggressive camber compensation)
  • Replaced trailing arms at rear with double wishbones (should really be live axle, but at least this way excessive static camber isn't needed, and I can play with the roll centre)
  • Maximum tyre pressures reduced
  • Setup: Softer springs, even softer dampers, stiffened ARBs, reduced tyre pressures and switched to R4 tyres
  • Alternate setup: Designed for use at my Martinsville Speedway autcross layout
  • 6 new NASCAR skins
  • Online version checking built into the loader, so you'll be notified if I ever update the mod again
  • Fancy installer interface, courtesy of Nullsoft, rather than a plain old zip
Get it from the usual place: http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.net/nascar_mod.html

Please not this is NOT online compatible with the earlier version of the mod. I encourage everyone interested to update so that online racing is still possible.
PMD9409 - if you could update your server too, that would be great. Has it been getting much activity? I can't say I've seen anyone on it after the first week or two.
It's not my server, but I'll get Burnsy to do it.

EDIT: Updating.
For some reason it tells me I an running an unsupported version of LFS even though I am running X10. This is after installing the update of the experiment. I'm not sure where I have gone wrong.

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG