The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I don't recall those being in the camera thread, or I missed it. Anyways, white balance, Ian. Get rid of that yellow light. Even doing a custom white balance on a piece of normal white paper would help out.
His white balance is right, check out front license plate.

Getting white balance set under halogen street lights is impossible, and if you do attempt it it will ruin all other colors, photos of my friend's blue first gen RX7 turns to an extreme purple if I attempt to set the white balance to be right.. but.. even then it's wrong because those lights aren't white anyway.

Nice Beemer Ian, is that thing lowered?
Also does that use the same chassis as a Volvo?
No offence but couldn't you have resized them at the very least?

Anyway when I eventually scrolled across I recognised them as good pictures of a decent car.
Quote from antil33t :@Ian I'd love a set of 15" Weaves

They're somewhat rare here.

I've heard that a few times on the E30 I'm a member of. There's a few people there from Oz / Nz that have been on the lookout.

Quote :Shouldn't be too hard to get a grill, just have to be bothered... replacing the factory airbox, (de podfiltering)

Cool. I'll be adding a carbon airbox to mine shortly

Quote :I might put the 320i back on.. But I'm interested in doing a 2.5L swap

Also - your touring is hot love it.

antil33t.

Thanks.

A 2.5 would definitely be a good swap. The 2.0 is quite under-powered for what it should have been and drinks as much juice as a 2.5.. although at least it's a 6-pot! What year is your motor? Looks really clean.

Quote from mrogers :I don't recall those being in the camera thread, or I missed it. Anyways, white balance, Ian. Get rid of that yellow light. Even doing a custom white balance on a piece of normal white paper would help out.

The pics were taken under yellow-coloured street lamps. I used a flash in the first couple I took which removed all traces of yellow, but I liked the colouring, so they were all shot with no flash and an experiment with different exposure and AF settings (still trying to learn this stuff)

Quote from xcnuse :Nice Beemer Ian, is that thing lowered?
Also does that use the same chassis as a Volvo?

Cheers. Yup, lowered by 40mm and has H&R adjustable rollbars too. Is very nice to drive, but retains quite a bit of comfort still.

Don't know about chassis sharing, but at a guess, I'd probably say no. It does share just about everything with the saloon version though (only difference is the shape of the back of the roof.. wheelbase, track, panels (except rear doors) etc are all the same).

Quote from S14 drift :No offence but couldn't you have resized them at the very least?

Anyway when I eventually scrolled across I recognised them as good pictures of a decent car.

Thanks.

Sorry about the sizes.. I'll resize them when I get home from work tonight.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I've heard that a few times on the E30 I'm a member of. There's a few people there from Oz / Nz that have been on the lookout.

Yeah, since they only came on select models in 4x100 stud, theres lots for Five series in 5x120 stud though.
Quote from Ian.H :
Cool. I'll be adding a carbon airbox to mine shortly

Nice!
Quote from Ian.H :
A 2.5 would definitely be a good swap. The 2.0 is quite under-powered for what it should have been and drinks as much juice as a 2.5.. although at least it's a 6-pot! What year is your motor? Looks really clean.

Yeah, 170hp over 135hp sounds good to me, not to mention that yummy torque . I also want to go Manual - is currently a slushbox and it's a 1991 - so last of the E30 sedans only done 130,000KM's
Hi guys,

ive been on the forum for quite a while now, but ive never really bother posting.

i saw this thread and thought yeah why not, so heres a couple of pics of my pride and joy.

she's just shy of 420hp, goes like the clappers!
it got me a 1.26.6 around sandown raceway, and thats still on street tyres with standard brakes, cant wait to get those semi slicks!
Attached images
Sandown Track Day (43).jpg
3421025392_8e49f212f6_o.jpg
007.JPG
039.JPG
Fck man! nice gtr lucky bastard Looks pretty straight
not bad

is it registered or just a track / midnight thrasher?(Jap novelty plates on one of the phoots)
It looks registered Klutch look at first pic is has a NSW plate or whatver you australians have...
Nice GTR!,

Tidy ones are getting harder to come by
Quote from R32_Luva :Hi guys,

ive been on the forum for quite a while now, but ive never really bother posting.

i saw this thread and thought yeah why not, so heres a couple of pics of my pride and joy.

it got me a 1.26.6 around sandown raceway, and thats still on street tyres with standard brakes, cant wait to get those semi slicks!

nice car We have the same wheels. Bronze on black looks pretty good, might paint mine soon too
Quote from R32_Luva :Hi guys,

nice build, take out the 4wd though, its too heavy.
Quote from theirishnoob :nice build, take out the 4wd though, its too heavy.

Haha you dont know anything do you...
Quote from R34king :It looks registered Klutch look at first pic is has a NSW plate or whatver you australians have...

In the third pic it has a novelty jap plate, could been defected or something

twas just wondering
Quote from theirishnoob :nice build, take out the 4wd though, its too heavy.

yep, remove the best part about the car, sounds good
well, to try and answer all you questions...

yes its registered (in Victoria), it used to be my daily driver. but it was costing way too much on the fuel! (i do 120km per day to work and back) so i now have an MY09 Subaru liberty, which handles the daily chors very well.

the wheels are great (p1 buddy club) i think at the time when i got the car they were one of the lightest rims available, from memory they weigh 7kg without the tyres.

the four wheel drive system is what makes the GTR so awesome, its really worth the extra weight. it was so far ahead of it time, the way it can transfer the power from the front to the back and vice vercer is simply amazing, you can stand on the throttle round the bends and it just pulls you around with a hint of oversteer. i love it!

feel free to ask anymore questions,
cheers,
matty.
whats the specs on engine+susp?
12" rimz, yo.
What about 14's?
them bits on the bonnet, i did and do know what they do but cant remember, i personally think they ruin the look of the car but its still a nice motor
them tuners call it a bra...
protects against stones etc...
lol well i personally would rather deal with the problems of the stone than use one of those
Allmoust every guy there uses it... (especially VAG). So it's kinda like a bandwaggon, buy a bra, hop on!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG