The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Was a good race with you Scrabby while it lasted :P When you said you got a 49 I missed my braking point and messed up but then I was catching up and got a 49.8

Ken shut up your not in rookie :P
that corner before the corkskrew is the scariest for me.

The force feedback for my Porsche wheel feels odd with the latest drivers...
Taha, you don't seem to get it. Everyone that drives the rookie solstice drives the same setup no matter what license they are. You have to picked the advanced solstice to change the setup.
Quote from Shadowww :Don't lie, that's impossible.

Once you start using your brain before you post, then I'll start listening to you. Ok you little Firefox F***.

Quote from racer hero :Taha, you don't seem to get it. Everyone that drives the rookie solstice drives the same setup no matter what license they are. You have to picked the advanced solstice to change the setup.

And you picked the advanced solstice, which is why you're never racing me. Look, you chose the solstice challenge, which is the same for both rookie or advance, then you chose your car. In my case I have the Pontiac Solstice - Rookie.

Down to 49.6..
Quote from evilpimp :And you picked the advanced solstice, which is why you're never racing me. Look, you chose the solstice challenge, which is the same for both rookie or advance, then you chose your car. In my case I have the Pontiac Solstice - Rookie.

Down to 49.6..

My best I think was a 48.2, but it doesn't really matter if you aren't consistant.
Quote from evilpimp :And you picked the advanced solstice, which is why you're never racing me. Look, you chose the solstice challenge, which is the same for both rookie or advance, then you chose your car. In my case I have the Pontiac Solstice - Rookie.

Down to 49.6..

No, there is a seperate series for the advanced solstice, except they don't run it since the Spec Racer came out. You are never in my race becasue I'm in the faster server and your in the slower one.
Omg, zandvoort...
Made me tempted for 1 minute.
Then I reminded me of playing 1.2.0.0.0.0.0.00..00.. version, that i 'tried'.
I don't get why people say its so good. It felt like any other simbin game imo...
Quote from Bose321 :Omg, zandvoort...
I don't get why people say its so good. It felt like any other simbin game imo...

Sorry that a few things that weren't as great got fixed from the pirated version that you tried.
Quote from Bose321 :Omg, zandvoort...

No way it feels like simbin man. Just alone, the tracks tarmac detail greatly increses the simulation factor. You can feel it or you have something bad configured
Matthew, that was a nice race indeed.
To bad i blew up my engine and ended 7th lol, else i would have won

New PB
1:49:990

Hope to see you next one!!
:P I'm down to consistent 49.6's. I think I MIGHT be able to break into 48s in a suicidal lap...
Quote from evilpimp ::P I'm down to consistent 49.6's. I think I MIGHT be able to break into 48s in a suicidal lap...

Let me embarass you.

Its easily possible to do low 48s and high-mid 47s (if your alien) with the rookie solstice, correct?
Quote from racer hero :Let me embarass you.

Its easily possible to do low 48s and high-mid 47s (if your alien) with the rookie solstice, correct?

Correct master.

Well not really. I'd say mid to low 48s maybe but high 47s I highly doupt that.
The world record for the rookie Solstice @ Laguna is listed as 1:46.7, but that time may be from a previous build which was faster. The aliens are still well into the 47s this season though.
Aliens =_= ...
:alien2:
Is it still possible to get into the pro series thingy coming up soon if I renewed pretty sharpish?
Quote from DaveWS :Is it still possible to get into the pro series thingy coming up soon if I renewed pretty sharpish?

Position-----Rating------Driver-------------iRating Rank----SR Rank----Club--------Country
897---------1023.2-----David Williams------344------------2608-------England-----United Kingdom

you're currently position 897 for the road series. Quite a bit off the top 250 but position 344 on the irating list. I can't remember how its worked out but your position is 897, even though your iRating rank is 344...
Quite a long way off then I see. I'm pretty sure my SR rank is letting me down massively. I remember somewhere that entrants for the pro series are decided by the end of Q2 of this year, so that means that's happened already?
Quote from DaveWS :Quite a long way off then I see. I'm pretty sure my SR rank is letting me down massively. I remember somewhere that entrants for the pro series are decided by the end of Q2 of this year, so that means that's happened already?

I might be wrong but I thought that the cut off was the end of this series.... in 3 weeks.

Read this mate....

Quote :July 07,2009 - Three Weeks and counting in iRacing Pro Series Qualifying
It’s three weeks and counting for those of you trying to qualify for the 2009 iRacing Pro Series (iPS). Qualify and you’ll have a chance tocompete in the inaugural edition of the world’s premier virtual racing series, the 2010 iRacing Drivers World Championship (iDWCfeaturing the top 50 oval and road racers in the iPS.

But first you have to qualify for the iPS. To do that you’ll need to earn one of the Pro Licenses awarded to the top 250 oval or road racers (based on a 70/30 weighted average of iRating and Safety Racing) in Class C and above during 2009 Season 2.

As they have throughout Season 2, NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and virtual racing icon Greger Huttu lead the oval and road racing rankings. In contrast, the battles for the runner-up spots are anything but settled. No sooner did John Prather commandeer second spot in the road racing ratings a week ago, than Peter Read and Russell Hodgson muscled him down to fourth ahead of Patrick Baldwin over the course of the past seven days. And while Thomas Hazard continues to occupy second in the oval rankings, Brad Davies has now moved past Steve Sheehan and Pat Dotson for the third spot.

If anything, the competition for the final spots in the twin 250s is even more spirited. Currently rated 245 through 250 on the ovals, Richard Wilson, Les Turner, Josh Skroupa, Dave Caskanette, Dave Long and Clint Monahan are secure . . . for now. But they know it won’t take much for Doug Heveron (251), Josh Smathers (252), Larry Stone (253), Terry McCuin (254) and Jimmie Helie (255) to overtake them in the ratings.

Likewise, a virtual United Nations of road racers, including Germany’s Heiko Dilk and Alexander Link, Robinson Shields of the USA, the United Kingdom’s Neil Hind, Finland’s Saku Jalkanen and Cyrille Bouchard of Canada, are looking over their shoulders as the likes of the UK’s Andy Marson, Diego Palacios of Spain, Australian George Fullerton and Americans Jimbo Pfeiffer and Timothy Villanueva seek to overhaul them in the battle for the final iPS qualifying spots.

Anything can happen between now and July 27 . . . and it almost certainly will. To keep track of all the developments in the scramble for the final qualifying spots for the 2009 iPS click here and here and, in the meantime, keep racing.

Hope that helps mate
Quote from DaveWS :Thanks for that! In that case I think I'll subscribe for a year. The 25$ extra deal has swung me!

P.S. Sorry Scawen

I think giving the extra $25, making it $85 total is good. Would be great if you could work your butt off for the next 3 weeks and get in to the top 250 Dave. Remember, they are banking on the fact that all the people will want to be part of the Pro Series too. I'm sure some don't or don't have the time so this will allow those a little lower to still get in.

We need Moose on there to REPRASENT!!!!!!!!!!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG