The online racing simulator
Need a G25 power supply!!
(19 posts, started )
As per title, bought a 2nd hand G25 but the chap forgot to put in the power supply, he has recently moved house and now can't find it!

So does anyone have one for sale, or if not, do logitech sell them seperate, or can you get them from anywhere else?

Thanks for any help, i just want to use it! lol

Adam
#2 - Bean0
If you can get someone to look at theirs and post up the specs, I'm pretty sure a local Maplins could sort you out.
Asian Power Devices DA-42H24

AC Input - 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz. 1.0A Max
DC Output - 24Vdc _ _ _ 1.75A

- -C - +
I think I might have one, let me go look in the loft..

Well I have one but the cables are cut, sorry.
Quote from unseen :Asian Power Devices DA-42H24

AC Input - 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz. 1.0A Max
DC Output - 24Vdc _ _ _ 1.75A

- -C - +

Thanks for that, you dont happen to have any links for suitable ones do you? I have no idea where to start looking.

S14 Drift (I used to have an S14, running 280bhp loved that car, now drift my 1.8 import MX5)

Would the cable be repairable?
No idea unfortunately Adam. The page I found on the ASD website didn`t mention that model number being available, so I figured it may be a supply done specifically for logitech.

Best bet is to probably look around places like maplin electronics and see if there`s one with the specs available, or take a look on ebay. If you find one, just remember to make sure it has the right tip on the G25 input.

The cables on S14`s one should be easily repairable or replaceable, depending on where he cut it.
I bought a power supply from some place, will have to find out where i got it later, Will post back when i find out

The powersupply i have is made by Powerpax.co.uk, part number is SW3128 AC Adapter STD-2425A

Edit-Logitech sell them seperatly but i think its US only, http://www.buylogitech.com/sto ... J&rests=1246556927083

Edit2- Im not sure if this is the exact one i have but it has the same output, should work fine, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-50W-2 ... |301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Quote from adam0bmx0 :Thanks for that, you dont happen to have any links for suitable ones do you? I have no idea where to start looking.

S14 Drift (I used to have an S14, running 280bhp loved that car, now drift my 1.8 import MX5)

Would the cable be repairable?

Lol cool, uhm if you can repair a cut cable, then yeah sure. It's cut on the cable itself, if I can be arsed/if you want one I'll get a pic, but probably would be easier to buy a different one.
Quote from adam0bmx0 :Can anyone else confirm this is suitable before i buy it?

The output appears suitable for a G25. This transformer can supply up to 2.5A which is OK since the G25 needs 1.75A
When i was a member of R-R a member also had a G25 with a powersupply that didn't work anymore, he contacted logitec and they send him an entire new G25 set.

Maybe you can send them the broken power supply to them to get it fixed or a new one?
So it's okay to use a 2.5w psu to power a 1.75w device?

If so that psu on ebay looks like it would work (I need a G25 psu too)
The transformer must match the voltage required by the G25 - Check
The transformer must be able to provide the current required by the G25 which is 1.75A
A transformer that can provide more will be suitable, the current drawn is dictated by the connected equipment, it will pull as much as it needs. So this larger transformer will run cooler and therefore maybe last longer.
(day job = transformer designer )

It doesn't say on my G25 transformer, but I assume the d.c. output is smoothed and regulated.
#15 - Equi
Quote from Equi :Have a look at this one, im allso looking for a G25 Power Supply. Im considering buying this one.

Though Im not sure if this one fits the plug-hole in the g25, its the right Volts and Ampere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/24V-1-75A- ... p;_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

do it the easy way: if u have the old g25 psu, just cut of the connection in the end, and solder it to the new which u bought... dunno about polarity tho, that up to u to check ;D
I had to buy another a while back (posted here somewhere about it) and ended up getting a fairly cheap £16 power supply that is made for laptops. my ones called "Sumvision 120W Laptop Power Adapter / Laptop Power Adapter" and works just like the original, not too sure if you can still get it but a laptop power supply should work as long as the specs match/are greater than the logitech one.
May be a bit late but I recently got a Fanatec GT3 RS wheel since my G25 wheel died but the PSU still works
I'll have it!!!
Hi Graeme43,

Just wondering yif you still had the power supply for the G25 as I managed to lose mine in the house move!!!!

If so I will buy it off you, name your price.

Rob

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG