The online racing simulator
Save the dogs in south korea
(97 posts, started )
Over 2 million dogs are brutally killed in South Korea every year.
That's over 5,000 dogs a day who get strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.
The South Korean government has accepted Animal Protection Laws which make animal torture illegal, but those laws have never been properly enforced in the country. The dog meat industry continues to thrive and the officials are reluctant and indifferent to ban it.
Although forbidden to advertise themselves on main streets or in English, over 6,000 restaurants today serve dog meat in South Korea. And they don't get closed down.

http://www.uniteddogs.com/stopkillingdogs/

Saw this site few minutes ago and i guess we could help them a bit too Its just horrible what those koreans do over there. Safe site, just sign yourself there.
signed it
Poor dogs, how could any person with a piece of petlove could EVER do that?

Some people just need be thrown in a endless hole
#3 - oli17
signed it too
#4 - amp88
Tens of thousands of people die every day from starvation, thirst and preventable diseases. The world should put those people first, not other animals. Something I don't understand is that people are so shocked that some countries would eat dog meat or horse meat. Why are dogs and horses so different from cows, chickens, pigs etc? If dogs have been bred for food in these countries for tens or hundreds of years what's wrong with it? Are there more inherent problems in the production of dog meat than 'traditional' meats?
Signed!
#6 - Bean0
Quote from amp88 :Tens of thousands of people die every day from starvation, thirst and preventable diseases. The world should put those people first, not other animals. Something I don't understand is that people are so shocked that some countries would eat dog meat or horse meat. Why are dogs and horses so different from cows, chickens, pigs etc? If dogs have been bred for food in these countries for tens or hundreds of years what's wrong with it? Are there more inherent problems in the production of dog meat than 'traditional' meats?

I havent looked at that site, but I gather that the dogs are treated in the same manner as battery chickens or possible worse.

What they need is some mockney chef to do a campaign about free range dogs.
Quote from amp88 :Tens of thousands of people die every day from starvation, thirst and preventable diseases. The world should put those people first, not other animals. Something I don't understand is that people are so shocked that some countries would eat dog meat or horse meat. Why are dogs and horses so different from cows, chickens, pigs etc? If dogs have been bred for food in these countries for tens or hundreds of years what's wrong with it? Are there more inherent problems in the production of dog meat than 'traditional' meats?

Why are human beings any more important than animals? We all operate in the same way. We have thoughts, we react to our environment, we reproduce (although a lot shouldn't), and then we die. The main difference is that humans get taxed, and animals don't.
#8 - Gil07

Word.

Also, if you're going to sign this kind of petitions, you must be a complete vegan freak who eats nothing but the tips of grass blades so they can grow back (even though that might hurt too :schwitz. That or you're a massive hypocrite.

Of course, I'm for giving animals a good life, even if their purpose is to be eaten in the end. But why worry about something that happens on the other side of the world, when the same or worse happens in your own country to chickens/pigs/cows/etc.

If you want to try and make a difference, try eating only meat from sources you know treated the animals well, let them run free, etc etc, preferably organic. It tastes better too. Just don't go around signing stupid worthless petitions.
Signed. However, I dont think it will do any justice
#10 - 5haz
Funny how nobody has any problem with Chickens, Turkeys, Cows or Pigs being strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.
Quote from 5haz :Funny how nobody has any problem with Chickens, Turkeys, Cows or Pigs being strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.

Thats been a way of life for many, many years now though. Dogs are family animals and actually help people out a lot.

As soon as you read such thing happening to a dog, you should think to yourself 'how could people be so cruel to a dog' not what you though :P
Quote from Bean0 :
What they need is some mockney chef to do a campaign about free range dogs.

haha, I did a proper lol
Quote from tristancliffe :Why are human beings any more important than animals? We all operate in the same way. We have thoughts, we react to our environment, we reproduce (although a lot shouldn't), and then we die. The main difference is that humans get taxed, and animals don't.

...and that thank god we don't get nutered...
Quote from sam93 :Thats been a way of life for many, many years now though. Dogs are family animals and actually help people out a lot.

I highly doubt they are kidnapping 2 million dogs a year out of people's home to kill for food. These dogs are probably raised just like other animals that are killed for food.

You comment is like saying human slavery is OK as long as they people are raised like that. Not so much really.
Lets just say I dislike every animal I have come across..

Dog = yummy
Rather than outlaw, regulate. Outlawing something means it has to be done in the back streets and all paid for using brown envelope money. That just makes things worse, by keeping it legal and regulating things the product will be of a better quality and everything will be done nicely.

This applies to EVERYTHING. So all of your drug using types have something to copy pasta in legalisation drugs threads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#Korea

Quote :Selling dog meat has been illegal in South Korea since 1984; however, dog farms still exist and some people still eat dog meat. The primary dog breed raised for meat, the nureongi (누렁이), differs from those breeds raised for pets which Koreans may keep in their homes. Dog meat manufacturing and processing were outlawed, but the order is sometimes ignored. Even though a fair number of Koreans (anywhere from 5 to 30%) have tried it before, only a small percentage of the population eats it regularly. There is a large and vocal group of Korean people that are against the practice of eating dog meat. There is also a large population of people in South Korea that do not eat or enjoy the meat, but do feel strongly that it is the right of others to do so. There is a smaller but still vocal group of pro-dog cuisine people in South Korea who want to popularize the consumption of dog in Korea and the rest of the world. So even Koreans are divided on the issue.

Quote from Ssr_Nick :Lets just say I dislike every animal I have come across..

that would be beastiallity
Quote from 5haz :Funny how nobody has any problem with Chickens, Turkeys, Cows or Pigs being strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.

Cause they taste good. They are breed to eat
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Lets just say I dislike every animal I have come across..

You hate yourself?
Torturing isn't right. But if someone eats dogs, I don't really see anything wrong in it.

It's just a bit weird for people like us, when we are raised amongst dogs being a part of the family. And well generally for the thought that it's "yacky".
The only reason why dog isn't food for us, is that we are raised for that thought.
There are big differences in food culture over the world, in some country other is normal, in some other that's just bizarre.
We all are animals and we eat other animals, that's just natural.

I'm not saying I'm now going to cook our family dog, I really like her you know.
But if someone in Korea likes to eat dog meat, doesn't concern me much.

Some even say that dog meat tastes really good.

If dog meat is considered as normal food in Korea, then I don't even understand why it's illegal over there?
Quote from amp88 :tens of thousands of people die every day from starvation, thirst and preventable diseases. The world should put those people first, not other animals. Something i don't understand is that people are so shocked that some countries would eat dog meat or horse meat. Why are dogs and horses so different from cows, chickens, pigs etc? If dogs have been bred for food in these countries for tens or hundreds of years what's wrong with it? Are there more inherent problems in the production of dog meat than 'traditional' meats?

+1
I signed because I have a dog as well which is like another familly members.

Those above posted like "why dont eat dog" are as***** in my eyes.
Sorry but I take it really personally when someone is talking about dogs that way.
Who are we to mess with another culture? Are you saying we shouldn't eat pork because the jews don't like it?

Also, if you read DWB's post, this isn't actually such a big issue anyway...
Well I saw what they doing with dogs in China and its not really a nice to see it looking at it from our standards.

(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG