The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Like I know you had that talk with Kenneth...

Well, it seems you guys are just attacking Nolan. Since there was 10 of you at the start of the race, and only 3 finished (all having problems) but only 3 protests against one driver, who didn't cause all of those incidents. Then you have (on the stream) Buck getting into you guys quite a bit, but yet you don't protest him for any of it.

You are attacking one person, and aiming at that one person only, it's quite obvious and pretty ignorant. If you are going to spend the time to protest, then protest everyone equally, don't just take everything out on one person.

And with the FM guy running high, he was doing it random times lap after lap to try and get away from Nolan. Nolan said about it multiple times on vent, which Deko will hear in his recording.

We never talked about it, I just decided I didn't want to fight with someone over something that happened in a race I wasn't even in. I agree that they are attacking Nolan, and thats what I was trying to say in my post. You put it better then I did though.

Well, it seems you guys are just attacking Nolan. Since there was 10 of you at the start of the race, and only 3 finished (all having problems) but only 3 protests against one driver, who didn't cause all of those incidents. Then you have (on the stream) Buck getting into you guys quite a bit, but yet you don't protest him for any of it.

You are attacking one person, and aiming at that one person only, it's quite obvious and pretty ignorant. If you are going to spend the time to protest, then protest everyone equally, don't just take everything out on one person.

And with the FM guy running high, he was doing it random times lap after lap to try and get away from Nolan. Nolan said about it multiple times on vent, which Deko will hear in his recording.

wow... hold up!

we have two things:

1st - i said sorry for my mistakes!
2nd - tbh, nolan made a great race and deserved it!

cheers! \o/
maybe getting a job will be less stressful deko.

You misunderstood, I just meant within this thread. He said his bit, I said my bit and the matter seems to be dropped/closed.

Quote :Well, it seems you guys are just attacking Nolan. Since there was 10 of you at the start of the race, and only 3 finished (all having problems) but only 3 protests against one driver, who didn't cause all of those incidents. Then you have (on the stream) Buck getting into you guys quite a bit, but yet you don't protest him for any of it.

Again with the team business. It is on an individual basis. We have not got together as a team and decided to protest this or that. If individuals out of the 10 which qualified decide they can't be bothered to protest or have just put the whole weekend behind them, that's down to them. 3 members of the team have made individual protests against 116 at individual times in the race and they will be dealt with by the race director. It really is not as personal as you seem to think.

Quote :You are attacking one person, and aiming at that one person only, it's quite obvious and pretty ignorant. If you are going to spend the time to protest, then protest everyone equally, don't just take everything out on one person.

As I said previously I have not gone through the entire race looking for things to nitpick about. I remember my incident with 116 because it was what caused me to DNF. Why other people have made protests about the same driver, ask them, I repeat... we have not got together as a team and decided to attack anybody.

Quote :And with the FM guy running high, he was doing it random times lap after lap to try and get away from Nolan. Nolan said about it multiple times on vent, which Deko will hear in his recording.

You can take that up with him. As for Deko recording Ventrillo, that is an entirely different can of worms which I don't think anybody particularly wants opening... in other words, I strongly disagree with his decision to do it.
Just say I don't think I will be participating in this thread any more. People have been invited to make protests, I have made mine in the relevant thread. There has been some discussion here which I thought was unfair towards my team which I have attempted to defend. I don't see much point in taking it any further.

People can come in this thread after this post and declare that FM is the worst thing ever created in the history of Internet gaming. People can come in and say that oval racing is not real racing, there will be no more posts from me in this thread.

See you next year.
Smeg, I for one think you've been quite reasonable in here. You're defending your team because you see it being unfairly attacked, and Nolan and Phil are defending theirs (ours) for the same reason. No need to take the ball and go home.
Quote from buck77 :wow... hold up!

we have two things:

1st - i said sorry for my mistakes!
2nd - tbh, nolan made a great race and deserved it!

cheers! \o/

I wasn't aiming it directly at you Buck, you just seemed pretty famous in the stream and your name was the only one that really came to mind.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Smeg, I for one think you've been quite reasonable in here. You're defending your team because you see it being unfairly attacked, and Nolan and Phil are defending theirs (ours) for the same reason. No need to take the ball and go home.

Exactly.

Smeg, I'm not trying to really down anyone, it just seems like you are attacking us for winning an event that frankly you guys should have dominated. Just look at it from our point of view and you might understand.
Quote from PMD9409 :...you just seemed pretty famous in the stream.

REALLY?????

weeeeeeeee \o/
#135 - Ori
- sorry to 808 and 27 for shitty drafting in that phase
- sorry to 808 for lap 172
- sorry to 9 for lap 182
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Smeg, I for one think you've been quite reasonable in here. You're defending your team because you see it being unfairly attacked, and Nolan and Phil are defending theirs (ours) for the same reason. No need to take the ball and go home.

Fair dos, group hug lol
Discussion about the other series idea has been split to http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=59011

Discuss that over yonder, discuss the Kyoto 500 2009 here.

I would like to hear about the race from those who haven't posted here yet (i.e. The ones who aren't going to complain/argue about 123 vs 116 or 116+9 vs 027 or any other of those bloody incidents that are causing so much trouble and strife.

d
From my view is everything fine ,no need to put protest on someone .
Everyone makes a great race. The race was lucky and unlucky for all of us.

I repeat myself that this year was it realy interesting ,lot's of good drivers here. It was a mether of situation and luck who win or fly away.

The admins makes a good job . Deko ! Your the man ,i wonder how you get the peoples to sort them etc... Nice job New Dimension Racing . Looking for another seasson.

Miaaaau
i know i didn't take part but i've got me reviewing the replay. i found it quite interesting the winning car was involved in several inscidents got penalized once and got several warnings during the race. in lap 153 there was a contact between him and another car, which was in my opinion a plain racing accident. but with the history of that car (116) during the race there should be a post-race penalty or something. if you want to judge this accident on its on its 100% on the fault of 116, he went inside without looking if there is still a car. he got no clear inside but still he turned inside.

at the end of the day its a racing accident but it has a bitter taste to the win of 116 as he shunted his way to first place...
#141 - CSF
We have reviewed this incident and will be giving our full review soon.
Quote from Fischfix :i know i didn't take part but i've got me reviewing the replay. i found it quite interesting the winning car was involved in several inscidents got penalized once and got several warnings during the race. in lap 153 there was a contact between him and another car, which was in my opinion a plain racing accident. but with the history of that car (116) during the race there should be a post-race penalty or something. if you want to judge this accident on its on its 100% on the fault of 116, he went inside without looking if there is still a car. he got no clear inside but still he turned inside.

at the end of the day its a racing accident but it has a bitter taste to the win of 116 as he shunted his way to first place...

I've also watched the replay, and I dont agree with you.
But none of us raced this race, so we should leave this to the admins.
#143 - CSF
I will repeat myself for members of CoRe now:

We have reviewed it and will be posting about this specific incident since it seems to be this amazingly big incident in the KY500. It's a matter of life and death, pride and falling, yakety yakety yakety.

Etc Etc Etc.

Yawn.
The discussion about 116 +123 has been moved here from the protests thread.

Remember, NO DISCUSSION IN THAT THREAD.

d
@ deko
sry 4 answering that late, but I've been busy with school stuff.
to come back to the theme of crossing pitstalls.
this is what u have written in the rulebook:
You shall not cross more than the stall preceding and the stall following the stall
you wish to stop in. You shall drive in the pit driving lane (closest to the pit wall)
until you reach your desired stall. You may be issued with a Drive-Through

Penalty for violation of this rule
there is nothing in it which makes a difference between a grenn track or under yellow.
and about the practise sessions.
there have been a lot of simple 1 hour free practise sessions where it was no matter of crossing pitstalls.
so for me it is not about that 1 incident with 116.
he won the race okay.
but for me it is about the rules in general.
if someone does not stick to the rules and does not get penalized for that,
i guess i can drive over others back in the next race an do not get penalized for that either.
again, just my personal opinion, nothing from that is showing theopinion of fragmaster at all.

Quote from karkar :You may be issued with a Drive-Through Penalty for violation of this rule

That's may, not will.

And, if you watch the replay you'll see that he did not gain any advantage and it actually helped the other drivers since he went to one of the furthest pit stalls, as most of the field made a pit stop.
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by J@tko : Sorted.
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
-
(hyntty) DELETED by J@tko : Sorted.
-
(SmegFirk) DELETED by J@tko : Sorted.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by J@tko : Sorted.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by J@tko : Sorted.
have you posted final results elswhere?
thought there was going to be final results after looking at penalties, not just provisional?
Quote from imaquad :thought there was going to be final results after looking at penalties, not just provisional?

The final results are not out yet. I've been doing other things too, besides running events and checking replays. It takes me a while to watch everyone, so don't get your hopes up on a soon finish. I'll get them done when they get done.

d

2009 Kyoto 500 : Race Discussion
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG