The online racing simulator
Go for a 1999 Mercury Cougar (Ford Cougar back there in europe)

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-c ... T-GOOO-W0QQAdIdZ139407915

that car from the site is my brother's car... yes he cracked the front bumper and he tried to repair it by himself.... you will see on one of those pictures a girl right beside the car.... sadly, she does not come with the car... wich is a shame coz i ( and my whole family ) wanted my brother to get rid of her....

also, if u can find a cougar v6, remove one of the silencers ( it has 2 for no apparent reason) like my brother did.. and it sounds AWESOME... u would say it has a v8 or something by the sound of it.. =)

oh btw... its a 2.5L V6 develloping around 170 hp when fresh out of the factory....

now look at my brother'skills at selling his car..... mind you, he already has a buyer.. and he put his car up for sale about a week ago or so..
Quote :
MERCURY COUGAR 1999 --- 2999$ --- ****
Clean inside and out,
Recently done:
runs syntetic Castrol oil , Short ram Intake, oil filter , all brakes done last month.,spark plugs and cables.

Fully loaded. power windows , power locks, electric driver seat, alarm, A/C,
tinted windows,custom exaust. many others. Sleeps inside garage,

its not a local car but Runs amazing better than lot of sport cars out there. Duratec V6 240XXX Manual 5speed.

If you want people to look at you when you pass by its defenetly the car
you are looking for , a real rare beauty.

I sell this car because im moving back to Montreal and my budget its really tightt really hard to let it go...

Edit:

im checking on auto trader UK... and u can find a Cougar for under a 1000 GBP

+ it will KILL EVERY RICER CAR like civics etc.. in a drag race. im sure it can keep up with that BMW that u want to buy... but seriously, take a look at the Cougar. my brother is selling his because hes short on money, if he wasnt so he would keep it and drive it back to montreal. its an awesome car... even me likes it... and i only parked it twice... ( but revved the engine quite a few times.. and when the rev counter hits 6000rpm its like having a '' Crysis '' )
Quote from sam93 :I am choosing between a E30 touring or E36 coupe lol.

Still a BMW

Why not a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16, or just the 2.3 version.

I am almost turning 18 so i can do driving lessons, and my choise for a first car is either a BMW E30 318i from around 1986 or a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 from 1986.
I have to pay no road tax at all for them because they are more than 25 year old, and the insurance is about 50 euro a year!
My stepfather has a Mercedes 450SE that runs on autogas/lpg, and he only has to pay 47 euro insurance a year!

What do you guys think is the better choise?
BMW E30 318i 1986 - Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 1986.

And i will probably buy it in Germany because it's cheaper.
My personal preference would be the Merc, wish I could get insured on one £1600 per year to get insured on a C140 >_<...
Wow you english people are getting ripped off.
Quote from e2mustang :Good,dont listen to tristan,probably its just his childhood memory about bmw's. but please stop loling after every sentence.

Force of habit sorry, if I put LOL it has made me actually laugh, Lol is a smile and lol is a sort of meh .

Quote from G!NhO :Why not a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16, or just the 2.3 version.

I am almost turning 18 so i can do driving lessons, and my choise for a first car is either a BMW E30 318i from around 1986 or a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 from 1986.
I have to pay no road tax at all for them because they are more than 25 year old, and the insurance is about 50 euro a year!
My stepfather has a Mercedes 450SE that runs on autogas/lpg, and he only has to pay 47 euro insurance a year!

What do you guys think is the better choise?
BMW E30 318i 1986 - Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 1986.

And i will probably buy it in Germany because it's cheaper.

Please don't say the 190E 2.3 16v you want is the Cosworth as the parts are expensive for them, my step uncle found out if he was to replace his manifold on his, it would cost £2,000 :O

Quote from G!NhO :Wow you english people are getting ripped off.

Yes we do get ripped off, but I suppose there is one good thing about it, and that is, that it stops us getting stupidly fast cars for our first and wrapping them round a tree.
Quote from sam93 :
Please don't say the 190E 2.3 16v you want is the Cosworth as the parts are expensive for them, my step uncle found out if he was to replace his manifold on his, it would cost £2,000 :O

Yes we do get ripped off, but I suppose there is one good thing about it, and that is, that it stops us getting stupidly fast cars for our first and wrapping them round a tree.

It only has cosworth heads or something, but its a mercedes and they are very reliable.

The second thing is just nonsense, if you buy a car thats younger than 25 year than you have to pay much more than an old timer (25 year or older).

The Mercedes i want is 25 years old so i only have to pay for insurance and that is only 50 euro a year.
But if the Mercedes is only 24 years old then i have to pay 720 euro insurance a year, and 430 euro road tax.

SO if i want to buy a car that is compareble to the Merc but much newer, than i really can't afford it.
Quote from G!NhO :It only has cosworth heads or something, but its a mercedes and they are very reliable.

The second thing is just nonsense, if you buy a car thats younger than 25 year than you have to pay much more than an old timer (25 year or older).

The Mercedes i want is 25 years old so i only have to pay for insurance and that is only 50 euro a year.
But if the Mercedes is only 24 years old then i have to pay 720 euro insurance a year, and 430 euro road tax.

SO if i want to buy a car that is compareble to the Merc but much newer, than i really can't afford it.

I don't think in the UK you can even have classic car insurance until you are 21, it's crap over here.

It may only have a few Cosworth parts but they are still very expensive to buy as if I recall correctly, they are made to order, not ready available off of the shelf brand new, I may be wrong here though.
Quote from G!NhO :It only has cosworth heads or something, but its a mercedes and they are very reliable.

If you can't afford to pay such insurance, my guess would be that you can't afford to run such a car. The car will cost you just as much in a year for tires, brakes, oil and gas, other maintenance, etc.

You'll find out you can't afford it, skip the maintenance, drive it until it breaks down, then sell it cheap. With the end result of lost money and a ruined classic.
He couldn't afford the parts most likely, I think they come with a LSD on them which breaks all the time. With it being a mercedes and cosworth parts wont be cheap.

Just get the E30 Ginho
Well i still have to wait at least half a year before i buy a car, but the mercedes is said to be more reliable than the E30 and if something breaks on it then my stepfather can help me fix it because he was a mechanic.

I do like the looks of the E30 a little bit more though.

And this year i will be going to school, but after that i might be going to the Army where you get paid during your education.
mercedes sux lol
Nissan sux lol

Actually Mercedes doesn't suck at all...
Quote from el pibe :*snip*

Even a 2.0 4 cylinder version of this car would be too expensive to insure. Also, the 2.5 V6 is not reliable. The water pumps shatter easily, and the top ends suffer from wear. You also cant let the oil get below 3/4 full, as you will slowly damage the con-rods and and the crank. My mondeo started with the same 170hp engine, and it was a nice sound but very slow. If sam ever did get a mondeo/cougar V6, then he would be best fitting the 3.0 ST220 engine from the Mondeo. Its 220hp from stock, and alot stronger. I've since had no problems with mine, and its been a peach. The 2.5 that came with my car soon blew up in no time.
#390 - Zay
Quote from sam93 :I am choosing between a E30 touring or E36 coupe lol.

Still a BMW

NICE. In my opinion they are 2 very,very good looking cars and are very sporty.Plus,they are pretty fast too.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Even a 2.0 4 cylinder version of this car would be too expensive to insure. Also, the 2.5 V6 is not reliable. The water pumps shatter easily, and the top ends suffer from wear. You also cant let the oil get below 3/4 full, as you will slowly damage the con-rods and and the crank. My mondeo started with the same 170hp engine, and it was a nice sound but very slow. If sam ever did get a mondeo/cougar V6, then he would be best fitting the 3.0 ST220 engine from the Mondeo. Its 220hp from stock, and alot stronger. I've since had no problems with mine, and its been a peach. The 2.5 that came with my car soon blew up in no time.

You blew one up, my Dads Mondeo estate that he uses for work has over 200k miles and is still going strong, saying that though, the engine is well looked after.
Quote from Zay :Plus,they are pretty fast too.

Fast? He is looking for a 316 lol, not 323/25/28.
What engine is in it? And fyi, i was'nt the one that blew the 2.5, that was my brother. It's still a much weaker engine in comparision to the ST220 engine in it now though, hence why noble now use the 3.0 instead of the 2.5, as the 3.0 can take turbos/supercharger on standard internals upto about 450hp, then they need to be uprated.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What engine is in it? And fyi, i was'nt the one that blew the 2.5, that was my brother. It's still a much weaker engine in comparision to the ST220 engine in it now though, hence why noble now use the 3.0 instead of the 2.5, as the 3.0 can take turbos/supercharger on standard internals upto about 450hp, then they need to be uprated.

Don't know what size engine it is but it's a turbo diesel, the TD engines they use in the Mondeos it seems if you keep them maintained they will keep on going lol.

Quote from Agniz :Fast? He is looking for a 316 lol, not 323/25/28.

For a first car they are pretty quick, still reach 60 in about 11-12seconds which is pretty quick for a first car. If I get a E30 touring, the interior wont be staying for very long lol, stripped right out.
Quote from sam93 :Don't know what size engine it is but it's a turbo diesel, the TD engines they use in the Mondeos it seems if you keep them maintained they will keep on going lol.

Well you obviously did'nt read what i said. Yes the TD engines (even though they are unrefined, slow, and an old design) are more reliable, as are the petrol zetecs, but they all still have there problems.

My point was that if you ever wanted to go down the mondeo/cougar V6 route, was to avoid the 2.5 V6 and stick a 3.0 V6 in it, due to the fact that the 2.5's are weak engines and dont like being driven hard for a long time, comparing to the ST220 engine which loves to take a beating.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well you obviously did'nt read what i said. Yes the TD engines (even though they are unrefined, slow, and an old design) are more reliable, as are the petrol zetecs, but they all still have there problems.

My point was that if you ever wanted to go down the mondeo/cougar V6 route, was to avoid the 2.5 V6 and stick a 3.0 V6 in it, due to the fact that the 2.5's are weak engines and dont like being driven hard for a long time, comparing to the ST220 engine which loves to take a beating.

I don't think I would ever own a mondeo lol.
Whats a "mondeo lol"? Is that a new model?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Whats a "mondeo lol"? Is that a new model?

Yes it is, every part of the car makes your burst out laughing :P
This thread is closed

My first car - What's your recommendations?
(544 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG