The online racing simulator
Features we DON'T want to see in LFS
Post your own

1) Force cockpit
2) Motorbikes
3) Rice
4) Any american-style cars other than stock cars or indycars.
And what's wrong with motorcycles and american muscle cars? We have a super lightweight, low powered FWD car, why not also have a super heavy, high powered RWD car? Granted, the FZ50 kind of fits this description.
#3 - axus
Why not force cockpit? Have you ever tried cockpit view... for more than 20 laps I mean - its way way better.

I may not like bikes but its all good if we get them. I mean... if the engine can support them, why not.

Rice? I thought it was a driving sim, not an eating sim anyway. (READ: We will never get the option to rice cars with bodykits in LFS. We may get a car editor with which little children will make 30 poly riced looking cars.)

American cars? What's wrong with them (a lot yes, but some people want to see them and drive them so again, why not?)? I mean... stock cars and indycars will go nicely on the oval - they actually take some skill to set up.

Seriously, this is just an ass-backward thread. Its asking for a flame war and it should be closed. While I may not want to drive the MRT, some people want to. LFS is a sim of diversity.
#4 - MR_B
yeah muscle cars don't know what a corner is, they think it's some kind of ice cream....

One feature I WOULDNT like to see is:

LFS BINGO
Quote from axus :Why not force cockpit? Have you ever tried cockpit view... for more than 20 laps I mean - its way way better.

"I like cockpit view, so lets force everyone else to use it to."
#6 - axus
Quote from MyBoss :"I like cockpit view, so lets force everyone else to use it to."

It makes racing harder, however more real. As such, it will be nice to have as a server OPTION.
Quote from axus :While I may not want to drive the MRT...

:eek:

/me gets flamethrower
Quote from axus :It makes racing harder, however more real. As such, it will be nice to have as a server OPTION.

ait, lets not hijack this thread, there is allready a thread discussing this option.
Quote from MR_B :One feature I WOULDNT like to see is:

LFS BINGO

Hey, what do you have against bingo!?
Quote from MR_B :yeah muscle cars don't know what a corner is, they think it's some kind of ice cream....
<snip>

That doesn't mean it would not be fun and challenging to take one around Blackwood, Fern Bay, South City, Aston, etc.

And besides, they were and are raced at road circuits.

http://www.trans-amseries.com/homepage.htm

In fact, the way I found LFS was through I guy I met in MCO. I'm sure if a muscle car were added, LFS would see a rather sizable boost in sales from Americans.
#11 - axus
Quote from Forbin :That doesn't mean it would not be fun and challenging to take one around Blackwood, Fern Bay, South City, Aston, etc.

Those are photoshops.
#12 - MR_B
Quote from Forbin :That doesn't mean it would not be fun and challenging to take one around Blackwood, Fern Bay, South City, Aston, etc.

In fact, the way I found LFS was through I guy I met in MCO. I'm sure if a muscle car were added, LFS would see a rather sizable boost in sales from Americans.

No that would just be crazy! But it would be fun.....I'm just worried it would lead onto them american lorries, and tractors...

Quote from MAGGOT :Hey, what do you have against bingo!?

Nothing at all! It'd concern me that there'd be a sudden influx of over 70's joining lfs for a free game of bingo....
No point making "force cockpit view" option because you can't adjust the "seat" without making a custom view.
Quote :It makes racing harder, however more real. As such, it will be nice to have as a server OPTION.

Seriously, it makes driving easier. External view is ok to learn a track because you can see corners quicker - but you only get "lost" for the first 8-10 laps or so.

Once in cockpit view it is much much much much much easier to place the car accurately. Especially if you narrow the field of view a little (I think key 3 or 4 or something does this).

If you are worried about seeing other cars around you, firstly remember you only have to do this ocassionally and you shouldn't be sacrificing lap times to worry about other cars once every 10 laps or so. Secondly, install pit spotter - problem solved. It'll tell you when you need to look left or right, and after a while you'll learn to only look when you need to make a judgement call over whether to give way or not.

However I do agree there is no need to make it a forced option. I just couldn't imagine getting anywhere near my current laptimes with external view - the loss in precision is too much to make up elsewhere.
#15 - axus
Quote from Becky Rose :Seriously, it makes driving easier. External view is ok to learn a track because you can see corners quicker - but you only get "lost" for the first 8-10 laps or so.

Once in cockpit view it is much much much much much easier to place the car accurately. Especially if you narrow the field of view a little (I think key 3 or 4 or something does this).

If you are worried about seeing other cars around you, firstly remember you only have to do this ocassionally and you shouldn't be sacrificing lap times to worry about other cars once every 10 laps or so. Secondly, install pit spotter - problem solved. It'll tell you when you need to look left or right, and after a while you'll learn to only look when you need to make a judgement call over whether to give way or not.

However I do agree there is no need to make it a forced option. I just couldn't imagine getting anywhere near my current laptimes with external view - the loss in precision is too much to make up elsewhere.

I'm not refering to the chase cam as being faster and easier. Wheels view is though.... way way easier than it should be - you can see where the wheel hits the road and its like taking a piss.
Quote from MR_B :One feature I WOULDNT like to see is:

LFS BINGO

Bingo is a great idea for an insim mod!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from axus :I'm not refering to the chase cam as being faster and easier. Wheels view is though.... way way easier than it should be - you can see where the wheel hits the road and its like taking a piss.

No, some people prefer it for frame rate .
Quote from axus :It makes racing harder, however more real. As such, it will be nice to have as a server OPTION.

I find driving in anything other than cockpit annoying... However i can't play rally games (CMR, RBR) anywhere else rather than bumper cam.
Quote from duke_toaster :Post your own

1) Force cockpit

Don't care what you use, don't think we need this option.
Quote :
2) Motorbikes

I'd LOVE to have motorbikes in LFS. Acceleration is king !
Quote :
3) Rice

Don't care for this either.
Quote :
4) Any american-style cars other than stock cars or indycars.

Funny for a challenge, but real racing isn't an option I think.
-Traction control on all cars

-A loss of 'feel' of the game
Who the hell is WE??
I wouldn't drive a stock 70's musclecar very often I don't think, but a Trans-Am spec one (pretty much stock... actually..lol) I would LOVE to drive in LFS
Quote from Forbin :In fact, the way I found LFS was through I guy I met in MCO. I'm sure if a muscle car were added, LFS would see a rather sizable boost in sales from Americans.

Indeed. That's how I found it as well. As an aside, contrasting what three guys have been able to accomplish thus far with LFS, even in its current incomplete state, with what EA foisted on us with MCO is mind-boggling.

[ramble]

The only problem I see with a muscle car is that there's nothing it could compete with. You could add two slighly different muscle cars, a big block Torino/Charger/Chevelle type, and a lighter, small block Challenger/Camaro/Mustang type, but there's no way to make them realistic and get them to run with a current car class. I like a little variety, particularly with classes of production or production based cars (even when they're fictional, as in LFS). Of course, you could make a "Muscle GTR", or MCR, something like a car that would race in the Trans Am series, with a V8 and a live rear axle. It could outdrag the current GTR's, but handle worse, and it could be tweaked to give comparable lap times.

[/ramble]

What do I really not want to see in LFS, though?

(1) Wreckers
(2) Crackers
(3) One of those nasty old two stroke Saabs.

Anything else is gravy, and I'll be thankful to Scavier for the new content.
I don't want to see horses in LFS. Not even quick ones.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't want to see horses in LFS. Not even quick ones.

why?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG