The online racing simulator
Problems with unlocking
(28 posts, started )
#1 - GabbO
Problems with unlocking
Hi.
I'm not sure if someone can help, but i'll try..

I've moved to a Student-app in Munich for my studies, and sadly the
local internet connection doesn't let LFS to connect to the main server.

This is very sad, i had to quit every championship i was participating, but alt least i could "hotlap" the cars or do things like this..
But now with installing the T/U patch, i have to unlock it again, what of course- i cannot

Any chance for me, or "thats life" ?

Thanks for any suggestions
Does this place have a firewall that needs to be fixed? if you cant change it for instance it is a school firewall that settings cant be changed get a tunnel program... yourfreedom is one... just google tunnel software..

if you have kept the same unlock it might be that because the ip has changed that it thinks you are doing something wrong... lock it then unlock it... check your status to get one of your other unlocks

soz man if those ideas work. i havn't been with LFS for very long and i dont know much
#3 - Jakg
apart from plugging your phone in (to create a temp internet connection), there is no other way, you could use the crack, but that doesnt work any more
<Little Brittain mode>

Look into my eyes, my eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, the eyes, look into my eyes, and... you're under!

There is no crack. There never was and there never will be. The only way to unlock LFS is with a legitimate license.

And 3, 2, 1... You're back.

</Little Brittain mode>
Yeah, sounds like your best back is to crack out the old 56k modem, provided you have a phone line.
Then just sign up for one of those free, pay-as-you-go dial up providers.
#6 - GabbO
What???? I HAVE a licence, i just cannot connect to the server cause of
the restrictions in the Student village. I never said i want to have a crack or something! Please dont insult anyone, if you dont read the text he wrote...

Ok, for the other suggestions, ip tunneling is also not working, and also no phone in the app, only cell... So, no way to get my s2 unlocked again?
Sadly i cannot take my desctop to someone who has a better connection, cause its a bit heavy.
Ah, well. If you have no phone line, and are too weak to carry your computer your only options are to either persuade the admins to open some ports or find someone with a mobile phone that will act as a modem.
#8 - Jakg
whats wrong with using the crack if you own a license? and i didnt insult you
Quote from GabbO :What???? I HAVE a licence, i just cannot connect to the server cause of
the restrictions in the Student village. I never said i want to have a crack or something! Please dont insult anyone, if you dont read the text he wrote...

Ok, for the other suggestions, ip tunneling is also not working, and also no phone in the app, only cell... So, no way to get my s2 unlocked again?
Sadly i cannot take my desctop to someone who has a better connection, cause its a bit heavy.

Any of your friends have gprs phone you can plug into your computer? Even GSM-data should work.
Quote from GabbO :Hi.
I'm not sure if someone can help, but i'll try..

I've moved to a Student-app in Munich for my studies, and sadly the
local internet connection doesn't let LFS to connect to the main server.

This is very sad, i had to quit every championship i was participating, but alt least i could "hotlap" the cars or do things like this..
But now with installing the T/U patch, i have to unlock it again, what of course- i cannot

Any chance for me, or "thats life" ?

Thanks for any suggestions

supposedly you can still make use of the web?
Go you to LFs folder, open the cfg.txt with notepad and find the line saying PORT 80 0 and change that line to PORT 80 1

Then try to unlock again - the setting you just changed makes the unlocking process use the default web port 80.
Quote from GabbO :What???? I HAVE a licence, i just cannot connect to the server cause of

Didn't mean to offend you either, I was (a) trying to be funny (I guess it was too specific a joke :shrug and (b) trying to say that it might not be a good idea to discuss the existence of a crack in these forums.

As for a solution. Try to reach your system's administrator or try to get a mobile to work as a modem as has been suggested.

Good luck.

Edit: Too late. Go with what Victor said!
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Victor :supposedly you can still make use of the web?
Go you to LFs folder, open the cfg.txt with notepad and find the line saying PORT 80 0 and change that line to PORT 80 1

Then try to unlock again - the setting you just changed makes the unlocking process use the default web port 80.

hmmmm, now that that is possible, can i change the port i connect to a server with?
Sorry, i overreacted a bit, but im really *dontwanttosaybadthings*
I cannot take my comp, cause its REALLY heavy (supersilent version with damming and watercooling) and it has an external radiator...
Victor: sadly this also doesnt work, this network is like Fort Knox.

We have a proxy here, could this be the reason?
I will try to ask if they can do something.. What port does LFS use?
#14 - Jakg
no, by changing the port (like victor says) it just thinks its web surfing...
Changing the port didn't work for me back in S1 days when I was behind a uni firewall. I ended up using my mobile as a WAP modem (via an infrared link to my PC ), and it worked a treat. Unlocking took seconds, so it probably cost me £0.05 at the most.
Tristans idea is excellent if you can do it. If you dont have a phone capable of doing that surely a mate of yours will have?
I'm behind that kind of a firewall too, victors suggestion worked for me, but i had to make the cfg file "read only"
Since nothing worked, i have to make it somehow with gprs..
we'll see.

Thanks anyway
Do you have to enter a http proxy in your browser to use the web?
yes
If your network ONLY provides a http proxy and no direct access to the internet, then you won't be able to unlock LFS online or unlock it. Ask your network admin if they provide a NAT gateway.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :I'm behind that kind of a firewall too, victors suggestion worked for me, but i had to make the cfg file "read only"

hi .. another way we managed to get it to actually play online was to make server use port 80. I know just about every server out there dont use 80 but we have set ours in meantime @ 80 to let people connect from behind school firewalls and test it out.

just to recap how to do it

1/ Go you to LFs folder, open the cfg.txt with notepad and find the line saying PORT 80 0 and change that line to PORT 80 1 ... then make the cfg file read only (right click, properties)

2/ Unlock your client (if you have not already done)

3/ connect to this server lfs://|PitStopS2™|0|S2|/ or connect directly to PitStopS2™ (note: you might still not be able to connect if your school/admin only provides proxy)

I should also note that not many if any other server out there uses port 80 so they more than likely will not work

Hope this helps someone
Also could you pls state where this worked for you or not ... server has been busy but not sure whether its people behind school firewalls or not.

Would be nice to know if you were succesful getting connected !
As i posted few lines ago: setting to port 80 didnt helped..
thanks anyway
yeah sry .. I know it wont work for everyone but will help some

Problems with unlocking
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG