The online racing simulator
L-ASCAR (Nascar style races)
(67 posts, started )
Thanks Vegas. Just wanted to know cuz I am running a 2 race series for australians, one race on oval.
will you guys continue with this league?
It seems to be an interesting idea !

I'm not too fond on oval racing myself, but I wish you bonne chance for the organisation

Semi on topic:

Ovals and road racing are fundamentally different. Road circuits are mainly focused on the technique of the driver, while oval racing is more about the tactique. Being able to take the right stream, take risks while passing, being confident in your team mates and your opponents are aspect that are, even if resent in road circuits, the fundamenals of oval racing.
The funniest part in racing on ovals at high speed is that you get to have close racing all the time. And it is quite hard when you take a no-downforce-no-slicks car (XRT or LX6 are quite hard on bend 3), because you actually have to brake sometimes.

As a result, road circuit racing is emphasizing the affinity between the car, the driver and the track, while oval racing is more focused on having a symbiosis with the rest of the pack.
Quote from buck77 :will you guys continue with this league?

LFS does have a stock car oval league. It's called the XSCC and it's admin by LOTA.

IDK if BigTime or LOTA will continue it but I dont see why not. The previous two seasons saw a good amount of interest and participations

Here's the forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=202
Yeah, we continue the leagueS.

The future FO8 champ (Indy car style) is going to have a "sponsor system"

Everyone have a sponsor, but bests pilots can have better sponsors than others, with less handicap etc...
this looks quite interesting!!

tell us more about it! ^^
We have to use the LFS sponsors (Scavier, Rufftweeks etc...).

At the beginning of the season, all pilots have normal cars (maybe 20kg handicap and R2 tires).

For example, the Scavier sponsor want only top 5 pilots etc...

After the 1st race, pilots can received mail with the sponsors offers...
So Scavier can give only 5Kg handicap and R3.
Sponsors can give more endurance, more speed, more regularity...

The system is on work, and we are waiting the Nascar/Indy Lapper too.
Quote from vegas las :we have to use the lfs sponsors (scavier, rufftweeks etc...).

At the beginning of the season, all pilots have normal cars (maybe 20kg handicap and r2 tires).

For example, the scavier sponsor want only top 5 pilots etc...

After the 1st race, pilots can received mail with the sponsors offers...
So scavier can give only 5kg handicap and r3.
Sponsors can give more endurance, more speed, more regularity...

The system is on work, and we are waiting the nascar/indy lapper too.

looking forward to see this working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please keep us posted when you have news!!
We are searching for an admin who speaking english.
We are all french and we want that the league become international.

PM me if you're interested
Bump!
Just trying to round up support for the Revolution 300, 16 places left, sign up on the website in the first post.
11 places left.
Alright I'm interersted this time. I hear the next season is starting up. When are you guys going to start the next season?
Can't say yet.

Normaly I'm going to leave LFS soon, dunno if the other admin will continue the league.

I'll give you news soon.
L-ASCAR will make a special event for the S3 Release, on Rockhingam Oval track !

News Soon...
Quote from Vegas Las :L-ASCAR will make a special event for the S3 Release, on Rockhingam Oval track !

News Soon...

IM IN! \o/
#67 - Ori
Quote from Vegas Las :The textures : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=Z0T4VL3Y

Thank u a thousand times for sharing sir

Are these the same textures as those one can download at lfs-database.com?

I was on your pages. You guys seem to really have had a great idea. Such a shame it didnt go well. Hope u'll run an FO8-event sometime.

L-ASCAR (Nascar style races)
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG