The online racing simulator
Skullcandy vs. Bose
(31 posts, started )
Skullcandy vs. Bose
this is the smackdown between the three ultimate headphone brands out there! you got sony skullcandy and bose. you got a fight between break-through technology, style and sound, and sound and reputation. round one, sound quality. lets not just focus on the cheap models, but even the expensive ones!

:fence: :chair: :jedi: :fence3d: :chairs: :slap:
Sony FTW !!!!!

I wasn't aware Skullcandy was a premium brand...
Quote from el pibe :Sony FTW !!!!!

ok i will add that

Quote from MAGGOT :I wasn't aware Skullcandy was a premium brand...

they are all good, but the only ones i hated were chops
bose ftw
IMHO, Skullcandy is trendy. Except for a select few products, most of their headphones are utter crap.

If you really want good headphones, go Sennheiser, Koss, Shure, Bose, or Sony. Anything but Skullcandy for me.
Isn't Buy Other Sound Equipment not very good?!
Never heard of Skullcandy. Bose is good tho.
#9 - Jakg
Both are shit, useless thread.
Yes, pointless. Sennheiser and AKG are missing.
both are crap, but Bose are worn by less idiots
Sennheiser HD 800. Definitively.
Skullcandy and BOSE ... The ultimate headphone brands? You're a marketing mans dream. Both are shite.

Sennheiser is what your after.
Sony had some decent headphones in the past, but Skull Candy is a premium brand? They are just utter crap and sound like shit.

Bose is just overpriced, as you can get the same sound quality for less money.

If you are looking into serious audiophile headphones, you should look at AKG, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Audio-Technica, maybe Denon and Ultrasone*. (That's the more or less affordable price range, won't start here about STAX headphones )

*Correct me if I have forgotten about a good brand.

Quote from Shadowww :Sennheiser HD 800. Definitively.

How you can jugde the HD800 if they aren't available in Europe at the moment?
It's very easy to see if a headphone's sound quality is good or not. Good one's have a frequency response plot in the manual. Any headphone that doesn't come with a frequency response plot is not aimed at pure sound quality.

Both Bose and Sony don't show a frequency responce plot. Skullcandy doesn't even come with a manual
Skullcandy are just the "cool" ones that people wear and pretend not to be nerds.

I use Steelseries Siberia's, they're better than anything I've tried before but I've yet to try any of the Sennheiser range, I guess that must be my next purchase.
I went to the Skullcandy stand on the Cebit this year, cool design yeah, but technically its nothing special, affaik they only make the designs, the internals come from someone else. I don't know about Bose headphones, they make superb sound equipment for semi-professional use, our local music club uses their stuff.

Headphones I would get from Sennheiser.
Creative anyone?
I'm not an audiophile (because I buy cheap earphones and they get broken easily, although I have a pair of Sony headphones that sound good but are too large to wear in public without looking like a cretin), but some of the Skullcandy things I have seen look terrible.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Creative anyone?

They make some okay Mid-Fi In-Ears. Other than that. Just no.

@Shadowww:

Tried to order one? They are not on stock. Nowhere I know of. And I know a lot of people eager to own one.
Quote from ATHome :@Shadowww:

Tried to order one? They are not on stock. Nowhere I know of. And I know a lot of people eager to own one.

They are in stock.
If so, do you both own one? Or do you just believe in marketing hype?

Skullcandy vs. Bose
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG