The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I tell ya, man... there are incredible deals out there if you know where to look.

And where would that be?

Some more "broken lens photography":

Turns out it's not just the spring, there's grease on the blades
Attached images
_DSC5639.jpg
_DSC5667.jpg
_DSC5661.jpg
I really like that berry shot, morpha.

The lenses are mainly on eBay and sometimes on buy/sell/trade forums dedicated to photography. I guess when I said "where to look" I meant more "what to look for."
from my recent visit to Hellingly Asylum, almost all of these have been fiddled with to get them looking their best (hope you don't mind:razz shame the jpg compression ruins the quality
Attached images
DSCF5622 edit.jpg
DSCF5709 edit 2.jpg
DSCF5595 edit.jpg
DSCF5646.JPG
Just picked up on eBay, a lot with:

Honeywell Pentax ES (aperture-priority screwmount camera)
Original manual
Shutter release cable
Vivitar flash
Vivitar 28mm f/2.8
SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8
85-210mm tele zoom of some sort
400mm tele lens of some sort (looks huge)
Soligor teleconverter of some sort

For a steal of a price. I'm a bad, bad man.
Dwb, what are your first impressions of the tough 8000? I'm loving it so far, and will post a review taking into account the various mode when i get back from staying in the mountains in italy - a good test of its capabilities!
Lovely photos Morpha, love the first shot. I love the crazy achitecture and added family of little bugs. Also sharpness of the flower and softness of the photo, I like stark contrasts.

DWB. fantastic. I adored the San fran sign.

Blackout. your country is fantastic, I could enjoy that.

Mookie nice photos. some eerie dim lighting in there maybe even some light art would be sublime!

Sam your first shot is pure nostalgic for me. used to holiday somewhere similar. beautiful shots.

Will hopefully have the K200D or K20D (depending on avalability on ebay etc and pricing.
Quote from oli17 :Dwb, what are your first impressions of the tough 8000? I'm loving it so far, and will post a review taking into account the various mode when i get back from staying in the mountains in italy - a good test of its capabilities!

To be honest I haven't had much time to test it yet, but I've liked what I've seen so far. I'll have time this weekend to give it a proper thrashing.
Quote from rich uk :DWB. fantastic. I adored the San fran sign.

Thanks!

Quote :Will hopefully have the K200D or K20D (depending on avalability on ebay etc and pricing.

Nice. I'd strongly recommend the K20D (or even the older K10D) over the K200D. The K200D is a fine camera, but it's kind of awkwardly placed in the Pentax dSLR lineup. I'd almost go so far as to say that the K-m/K2000 is a better buy.

Once the K-7 hits you're going to see a lot of used K20Ds and K10Ds on eBay and the Pentaxforums Marketplace. Might wanna hold out for a month or two and see what happens.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just picked up on eBay, a lot with:

Honeywell Pentax ES (aperture-priority screwmount camera)
400mm tele lens of some sort (looks huge)
Soligor teleconverter of some sort

For a steal of a price. I'm a bad, bad man.

You, sir, are a disturbed individual and I praise you.
I do my best!

Getting canon 450d in monday with the 18-55mm lens! Any new lens suggested?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Getting canon 450d in monday with the 18-55mm lens! Any new lens suggested?

17-85, should be the best one. I've heard. I got the 28-105. Suits my needs perfekt!
I love rainy days

Attached images
_DSC6012.jpg
_DSC6040.jpg
_DSC6050.jpg
Great shots!!
this is a picture i took out in cyprus at easter, over there they burn an effigy of judas on a big bonfire, this one was at a church right in the middle of paphos. also have a look at see what you can see in the flames of the fire.

full resolution avalible here: http://getpissed.co.uk/main.ph ... &g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Attached images
IMG_3804.JPG
"effigy", "Judas"

Seen that pic somewhere before, James I think it's an awesome night shot, excellent composition and an all-round credible photo-journalistic shot!
lol its what you said that made me put it up and thanks for the speelings DWB ill edit it nopw
I liked the first Mazda night better. It had more magic because the car was more evenly lit.
YEAHHHH Just got the canon 450d Very happyy! First pics coming soon
nice one tomba, now we can both show sam how canons rule
Yeahh! Though it takes a while to get used to the camera
yh but for a newcomer i think the canons are better mainly because the mnu system and operation are very intuative(sp) and easy to use, and someone with no camera knowledge atall can use one perfectly fine but if you do know what you are doing there is alot of creative scope
Haven't been doing much with the camera. But it was Father's Day the other day and the kids got dear ole Dad a new grill. Haven't had a grill for quite a few years, so we were finally able to cook up some good steaks!

Many more nights of good eating to come. Gonna try my hand at slow smoking some ribs, some rotisserie chicken, maybe breakfast on the weekends with the kids if I can get around to picking up a griddle.

Happy eating!

** Nasty part is, when I wasn't looking, the wife swiped my nice and red medium steak and left me with her medium well to well done steak It was still very enjoyable though.

That was Friday's dinner above. On Saturday it was just me and the girls and it was hamburgers. "We hate hamburgers!" is the normal dinner conversation when they are on the menu. They were in the other room with their dinner and I bit mine and it was a bit undercooked (fine for me). So I went to check on their burgers and in the 3 minutes it took me to serve them theirs, walk out into the kitchen and bite into mine, then walk back to them, the burgers were no where to be found. Just some crumbs left on the plates.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG