The online racing simulator
Quote from Strudders :Sorry you'll have to forgive me I'm a bit of a noob with this is an error message saying that "Could not read engine" probably something I've not done right,.. Help!

you've done everything ok, you just didn't download the latest test patch (Patch Z13, check the Test Patch section).
For anyone who uses Bob Smith's LFS Nascar mod. This makes the V8 engine sound louder and more realistic.
Attached files
NAS_Gills.eng - 194.7 KB - 412 views
Somewhat of a racey sound for the FZR
Attached files
FZR_GillsGT.eng - 282.7 KB - 487 views
Something new. Had a go at a WRC sound for the XFR!
Attached files
XFR_GillsWRC.eng - 168.3 KB - 482 views
Quote from Gills4life :Pretty impossible to make it sound like this because the XRT and RB4 have inline 4 engines. I tried to make it sound something like it.

thank you so much gills, im going to test the sound at night, but thanks you rock man !
Something I been playing around with, might aswell upload it.
Attached files
XRT_GillsTest.eng - 313.9 KB - 416 views
Supra in RB4
Hi Gillz..

i´ve requested before and allway´s is happy to get the sounds u make fo rme or all other who may ask for the help from yah..
now to the request this time then and this is maby something all drifters wanna have to so:

is it able to make a XRT drift engine sound ??
not so it sounds like u have 400+hp or something like that because its not real, the sound i´m looking for is more to the 200sx direction with a turbo sound, b.o.v and so on.

tnx in advance man..
keep up the good work for us plz..
Quote from Nicce :Hi Gillz..

i´ve requested before and allway´s is happy to get the sounds u make fo rme or all other who may ask for the help from yah..
now to the request this time then and this is maby something all drifters wanna have to so:

is it able to make a XRT drift engine sound ??
not so it sounds like u have 400+hp or something like that because its not real, the sound i´m looking for is more to the 200sx direction with a turbo sound, b.o.v and so on.

tnx in advance man..
keep up the good work for us plz..

Try this out.
Attached files
XRT_Gills.eng - 317.3 KB - 481 views
Quote from Tur8o :Hey Gills

i dont suppose you could make the F1 saftey car sound of this years season its the Mercedes SL63 AMG i have looked for a few video links for you and here are a few

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 0zDsw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... oZcjo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ARHzQ&feature=related

if you need anymore i will find some

Thanks Tur8o

You didn't say which car so I did it for the FZ50.
Attached files
FZ5_GillsF1AMG.eng - 204.2 KB - 431 views
oh sorry lol FXR

Thanks For Fz5 aswell tho

do you reckon you could make it so its loud like in the video and has the gear changes that you AMG Black Edition has where it clunks into gear please (this one here, http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44432&page=6)

Thanks and Sorry for the trouble
Tur8o
Tnx a lot Gillz..
Hi Gills,

I love Porsche as car, and love FZR in LFS, but I have one problem. I download all your sounds for FZR with 911 sound. Always when I start 911 sound LFS told me that he can't read engine sound. So I don't have any working Porsche sound for FZR. Can you help me with that.

Btw, you have great sounds for every car, but at this time I need only working Porsche sound for FZR.

Tnx for futher sounds.

With regards,
Srdjan VAMPIRE Milasinovic
Founder of SHDTeam
Quote from danthebangerboy :If it says 'cannot read engine' then you need to be running the same patch as gills is, wich i would guess is the z13 test patch, as engine sounds created in test patches will not work with earlier versions.

You should at least read the last page of a thread before asking
Sorry!

I didn't see that.
I am really sorry if creating the sounds on the latest patches creates problems for everyone. I just prefer to be on the most up to date patch and not have multiple installs of LFS just to create sounds on. Once again, sorry if it causes inconvenience.

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG