The online racing simulator
That whole piece of road is one of the single greatest fails I have ever seen in my life.
I've RTFM and found a few drivers violating this rule during the 400...

Quote :
From the manual:

2. Under Safety Car, the pitlane will close until the Race Director is satisfied all cars are in the queue. Once pits open, anyone may pit.

a. Enter the pits from the exit of Turn 3 under caution. There is a gap between the orange poles and blue cones sufficient to fit through.

A few drivers in the back of the pack (during a caution) in the 400 would use the 'normal' way to enter the pits. They would drive along the pit enterance at a high speed to catch the pace car. This can be a disadvantage to drivers that enter the pits near the pit wall, especially for drivers in mid-pack.

What is the penalty for using the 'racing' pit enterance during a caution? A Drive-through? Please remind everyone, thanks!
Attached images
pit_enterance_under_yellow.JPG
Quote from Skydiver173 :

What is the penalty for using the 'racing' pit enterance during a caution? A Drive-through? Please remind everyone, thanks!

I don't blame anyone, but I'd say : nothing. I've littrally seen tens of guys doing so several times, and as far as I know, none of them got warned or cautionned(unless they passed the SC while doing so). Also of a note, I already signaled this problem here, but no one cared for it.

Once agin I know that adminning the whole thing is really difficult, but as the problem has been signaled a second time now, more attention should be given about it, no matters if you don't see anything, no one can, but that should be nice to DT some guys doing so during a practice session, or if you're less radical, just give some official warnings.
Also Ki-Men posted that in some of the practise sessions thread(s).

Just thinking what the proper penalty would be.
Quote from Ki-Men :FM Junkies , if I m a good memory on your track is forbiden using r2 tyres.
With r4 and r3 is not the same thing
And dont forget bumpdrafting is forbiden.

BTW we allow r2s now, good for 500 practice.
Quote from imaquad :BTW we allow r2s now, good for 500 practice.

Exactly, and sometimes late at night (not always) we have long, 50 lap races. If you need help, PLEASE ask anyone from the FM Team questions. Never assume you know it all. There is always something new you can learn to make for better racing.

Learning proper Oval techniques is the key to safe, fun, and fast racing! Oval is not about how fast you can go, but how patient you can be.
Quote from Skydiver173 :I've RTFM and found a few drivers violating this rule during the 400...

A few drivers in the back of the pack (during a caution) in the 400 would use the 'normal' way to enter the pits. They would drive along the pit enterance at a high speed to catch the pace car. This can be a disadvantage to drivers that enter the pits near the pit wall, especially for drivers in mid-pack.

This pit entrance is allowed in Kyoto 500.
But .......
It is not allowed in Kyoto 400 , because for Kyoto 400 using the rules of the Cart series if I m right? I dont see anywhere that rules from Kyoto 500 will be used on Kyoto 400 , correct me if I m wrong.
Quote from Skydiver173 :I've RTFM and found a few drivers violating this rule during the 400...

I don't have any specific penalty for taking the apron, except for if you overtake the SC before in pits. I do encourage cars with damage that slows them down to use the apron, but everyone else should use the exit of turn three method. Last year, no one seemed to be bothered to hold their position, so I may have to add a penalty then. Also, people coming from Turn 3 under caution tend to have the right of way over those on the apron, since those on the apron should be slower, and not even in that position. I will be reevaluating this rule as part of my replay reviews.

d

A few drivers in the back.....

A few?? All of them except hyntty as far as i've seen. I was really annoyed about that, because no penalties came up when the rule was broken so obviously The guys doing this gained positions easily to the prejudice of people who kept the rule. I suggest load AX layout with concrete barrier at the entrence before T3 every time the SC is out
#63 - Ori
Quote from Agarash :A few?? All of them except hyntty as far as i've seen. I was really annoyed about that, because no penalties came up when the rule was broken so obviously The guys doing this gained positions easily to the prejudice of people who kept the rule. I suggest load AX layout with concrete barrier at the entrence before T3 every time the SC is out

aga, first think, then post. despite the fact that crashed cars take the normal entry (read rules) u should have noticed that the stewards have done one of their best decisions by putting as harmless as possible marks and "barirers".

i have done this mistake too thinking that under SC u may enter pits as u like as long as u dont pass the SC. thanks to Jeffy and the others we now have cleared this.
Quote from Ori :aga, first think, then post. despite the fact that crashed cars take the normal entry (read rules) u should have noticed that the stewards have done one of their best decisions by putting as harmless as possible marks and "barirers".

Ok, I'll make the smile bigger for you next time.
Suggestion for all drivers....

When the SC comes out and everyone slows down very carefully, be gental and fall in line behind the Pace Car. There is no need to bunch up to each other and smell each others exhaust.

Relax a bit and stop tapping the guy in front of you. Also, to prevent wrecks, stagger your cars like this.

SC
I
n
s 1
i 2
d 3
e 4
w 6
a 7
l 8
l 9

Crashing during a caution is just plain irresponsible. When the SC goes back into the pit for a restart, then get back in line cautiously.

Any thoughts?
Quote from Skydiver173 :Suggestion for all drivers....

When the SC comes out and everyone slows down very carefully, be gental and fall in line behind the Pace Car. There is no need to bunch up to each other and smell each others exhaust.

Relax a bit and stop tapping the guy in front of you. Also, to prevent wrecks, stagger your cars like this.

SC
I
n
s 1
i 2
d 3
e 4
w 6
a 7
l 8
l 9

Crashing during a caution is just plain irresponsible. When the SC goes back into the pit for a restart, then get back in line cautiously.

Any thoughts?

I concur that this is a logical idea. I'm not going to put it in the rules as the proper gospel, but I will recommend highly that everyone do this if possible.

d
Thanks Deko....

Drivers, PLEASE reread the Rulebook before todays session. Yesterday, that crash at lap 4 should have been a 'RED FLAG'. (..and what do we do during a red flag? Anyone?)

Oh, one more thing, When the yellow comes out, slow down SLOWLY... no need to hit the brakes. Even if you must overtake the SC. It's better than taking out the field. If needed the SC can always catch up and pass you.

Think SAFETY!
Quote from Skydiver173 :Drivers, PLEASE reread the Rulebook before todays session. Yesterday, that crash at lap 4 should have been a 'RED FLAG'. (..and what do we do during a red flag? Anyone?)

Correction:

It May have been a Red Flag. :P At the time, it didn't look like the incident claimed so much of the field, but on review, the Red Flag could have been pulled.

d
oops... 'Could'... not 'should', lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG