The online racing simulator
Top Gear starts June 21st
(100 posts, started )
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Are you just regurgitating points from the Daily Mail Letters section?

Mackie I've started a new sim racing licence system. I require you to pay £200 to race sims. If you are caught racing a sim without a licence legal action will be brought against you.

Happy with that?
Quote from Intrepid :Mackie I've started a new sim racing licence system. I require you to pay £200 to race sims. If you are caught racing a sim without a licence legal action will be brought against you.

Happy with that?

Avoiding the question I see, very well.

I'll reply with an equally obscure and ridiculous tangent by stating that in life there are some things worth paying for, taxes for public services and I would rather have BBC news over something like Fox news/Sky news/ITV news and any other commerciall news channels.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Avoiding the question I see, very well.

I'll reply with an equally obscure and ridiculous tangent by stating that in life there are some things worth paying for, taxes for public services and I would rather have BBC news over something like Fox news/Sky news/ITV news and any other commerciall news channels.

Have you ever watched FOX news extensively or are you pulling on a few carefully edited youtube clips? I believe... no i KNOW FOX and other US commercial stations gave good coverage to some people that were saying we were in DIRE straits economically years ago and predicted this whole mess.

Your precious BBC didn't even give coverage to anyone who even muttered the words 'Boom and Bust'. No instead they continually broadcast property programmes encouraging flawed economics along with two pints of lager and a packet of bullsh1t!

So before you go SPOUTING nonsense you should do more research!

btw yes Top Gear is good but thats because it provides quite a lot of funding to the BBC through it COMMERCIAL arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK
Quote from Intrepid :Have you ever watched FOX news extensively or are you pulling on a few carefully edited youtube clips? I believe... no i KNOW FOX and other US commercial stations gave good coverage to some people that were saying we were in DIRE straits economically years ago and predicted this whole mess.

Your precious BBC didn't even give coverage to anyone who even muttered the words 'Boom and Bust'. No instead they continually broadcast property programmes encouraging flawed economics along with two pints of lager and a packet of bullsh1t!

So before you go SPOUTING nonsense you should do more research!

btw yes Top Gear is good but thats because it provides quite a lot of funding to the BBC through it COMMERCIAL arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

You seem unable to hold an intelligent debate without resorting to caps lock elongated words and a complete inability of understanding anyone's else's viewpoint. Shame because I'm sure some where in the child-like argument style you have a point....I just struggle to take anyone seriously who can't type in a decnet communicative manner

Oh and for your information I have watched some of Fox's news coverages, not on youtube but via Sky (really shouldn't jump to conclusions now, stop be impatient) mainly during the American elections. The complete bias to the political right and the scaremongering about what will happen if Obama got eleelected such as the end of Israel and how it will be the end of the white man in America (even you can not deny....no wait you will) was over the top and unnecessary. Every watched the almost bizare (and verging on the bigotry) rantings of Bill Reily on the O'Reily Factor? Something if I saw on the BBC I would be pissed of with, but as it's publicliy funded they have to reamain un-baised.

Re: fox news scaremongering reporting of the ressions seems they got it wrong as I'm seeing my companys orders increasing, our customers buisness going from strength to strenght and a nice pay rise in my pay packet. Ahh well I'm sure it's all a matter of time before we are all fighting each other on the streets with clubs and a pack of dogs.....such as was predicted by some News channels

Getting back on Topic – Top Gear will be ok, maybe verging on the good, but unless the inject something new into the show their in danger of going stale and will truggle to keep it feeling fresh.
#55 - wien
Quote from Intrepid :btw yes Top Gear is good but thats because it provides quite a lot of funding to the BBC through it COMMERCIAL arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

Cognitive dissonance is such a beautiful thing sometimes.

"The BBC is evil and produces nothing of value. Commercial channels are better in every way because the market forces them to produce content people like.

...but wait, I kind of like Top Gear, and that's on the BBC. Uh, oh. This conflicts with my world view and I may have to reconsider my position. Ah, but Top Gear has a commercial arm that produces magazines and other peripheral content largely unrelated to the TV-show itself. This adds the beautiful power of the market to the mix, and is obviously why Top Gear is good even though it's on the BBC.

Phew, existential crisis resolved. Close one."
Quote from wien : Cognitive dissonance is such a beautiful thing sometimes.

"The BBC is evil and produces nothing of value. Commercial channels are better in every way because the market forces them to produce content people like.

...but wait, I kind of like Top Gear, and that's on the BBC. Uh, oh. This conflicts with my world view and I may have to reconsider my position. Ah, but Top Gear has a commercial arm that produces magazines and other peripheral content largely unrelated to the TV-show itself. This adds the beautiful power of the market to the mix, and is obviously why Top Gear is good even though it's on the BBC.

Phew, existential crisis resolved. Close one."

I didn't say the BBC was evil. I recognised that commercial USA news channels which are heavily demonised actually provide more depth and wider opinion than the BBC.

For example many people were given airtime in the mid 00s telling of the impending financial crisis on these channels. Was this VERY VERY valuable content available anywhere on the BBC? eeeerrr......No!

I like Top Gear but it doesn't mean I have to like the BBC. I would happily see the death of Top Gear if the licence fee was cancelled. No doubt some other channel would come and pick it up anyway!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Re: fox news scaremongering reporting of the ressions seems they got it wrong as I'm seeing my companys orders increasing, our customers buisness going from strength to strenght and a nice pay rise in my pay packet. Ahh well I'm sure it's all a matter of time before we are all fighting each other on the streets with clubs and a pack of dogs.....such as was predicted by some News channels

lol bless mackie and people call me naive! Do you understand economics or do you look at the short term gains without seeing the bigger picture? Don't bother answering I doubt you know the answer. I sound patronising? Yh probably!

/end
#58 - 5haz
Intrepid, pretending to know more than you since nineteen hundred and something.
Quote from 5haz :Intrepid, pretending to know MORE THAN YOU since NINETEEN HUNDED and something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.
#61 - 5haz

I think its fair to say that the BBC certainly can't do whatever they want, there is the regulator Ofcom that the BBC has to obey, and any serious naughtiness in the BBC ends up with the government involved, such as the Russel Brand/Ross scandal, where the government voiced it's opinion on a really stupid minor issue that was blow well out of proportion by the newspapers, which is another thing about Britain. The government is the newspaper's bitch.
Repost
/the stig
Quote from wien :Except, the programming put out by the BBC (and their Norwegian equivalent NRK) is consistently better than anything I've ever seen a commercial channel do. At least according to my taste at the moment. (I'm sure you'll violently disagree)

You're absolutely right. On the whole, British TV is second to none in my opinion.

Any Brit who claims the BBC reduces the quality of TV output has clearly never seen the alternative. It's probably worth actually experiencing TV around the world before claiming ultimate knowledge of it.

And on-topic, I can't wait until Sunday
I just absolutely love James. His "insults", if you can call them that, are hilarious

My fav one (Not an insult, just something he tends to say)

"Permission to say cock on TV"
Quote from DevilDare :I just absolutely love James. His "insults", if you can call them that, are hilarious

My fav one (Not an insult, just something he tends to say)

"Permission to say cock on TV"

or when they're lookin for the best driving road in the world and he's shouting at Jeremy and goes "what made you think this would be good you big daft cock"
Quote from trebor901 :or when they're lookin for the best driving road in the world and he's shouting at Jeremy and goes "what made you think this would be good you big daft cock"

Haha

I know, James is a legend
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
Grow up......?
Indeed....

That thing became not funny 1 day later it was started.....
OH NOES! I GOT RICK ROL...bah. Its so old and boring now, i cant even be bothered to pretend im annoyed at being rick rolled.
You guys are in for the biggest suprise in Top Gear history, I went to the filming yesterday.
biggest surprise in Top Gear history? black stig returns? spill
there's also been a lot of people saying Jeremy Clarkson is leaving Top Gear because he is unwell.
Quote from trebor901 :there's also been a lot of people saying Jeremy Clarkson is leaving Top Gear because he is unwell.

Nooooo nothing like that, you will have to wait and see, Clarkson and Andy Wilman have insisted that nothing is revealed.

Top Gear starts June 21st
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG