The online racing simulator
A little suggestion. For example, someone uses the lfs remote as server status in iframe and the problem is that when you try to zoom it by using mouse wheel, it zooms but in the same time it scrolls the page :/. Is any chance to do extra focus on the lfs remote when using mouse wheel in the iframe, so that the page won't scroll too? Sorry about English.

EDIT: Hmm, or I guess I can set it somehow myself via JavaScript or something...
Quote from zeromussov :-edit: maybe an option to see the gap to next/previous car and leader?

I tried to add this to the compare options. It only uses the start/finish line as measure point though. Doing it with splits as well I'm not sure if that'll work well.
It'll show the lap nr for first racer in the list, then in blue the gap for racers on the same lap and in grey for racers who are still in previous lap. Racers that are behind by 2 or more laps only have their lap difference displayed.

Quote from psychometalist :I am now watching the GTAL race on (new) remote and I realised after driver takeovers, the license names don't update. I had to reconnect to see the new license names.

This should be fixed now.

Quote from fireb0llch :*BUMP*

How its going with the .exe file for LFSRemote V2? Or did I missed it?

the exe will be done when the remote is finished. I hope not too long from now. I was away for a while due to family related reasons.
Also I noticed the compare area could slow the remote down a lot when comparing many racers at once. I had to rewrite that.

Quote from Drift King CZ :A little suggestion. For example, someone uses the lfs remote as server status in iframe and the problem is that when you try to zoom it by using mouse wheel, it zooms but in the same time it scrolls the page :/. Is any chance to do extra focus on the lfs remote when using mouse wheel in the iframe, so that the page won't scroll too? Sorry about English.

EDIT: Hmm, or I guess I can set it somehow myself via JavaScript or something...

I'm not totally sure how to fix this, though I've added a function that should in theory block default behaviour of something. The problem is, I'm not sure what that something is, so I don't know if it'll work.

----
EDIT
a qualify bug that showed qualify times wrong, should also be fixed.
Quote :A little suggestion. For example, someone uses the lfs remote as server status in iframe and the problem is that when you try to zoom it by using mouse wheel, it zooms but in the same time it scrolls the page :/. Is any chance to do extra focus on the lfs remote when using mouse wheel in the iframe, so that the page won't scroll too?

that happens on the normal LFSR too.

hopefully vic got it.
nope
Quote from Victor :nope

If it can't be fixed because this is the browser's fault, maybe add a couple zoom buttons [+] and [-] which can be used in the event that the scroll wheel stops functioning correctly. Or make a keyboard press for zoom like + and -

ZOMG, I tried holding ctrl+shift (view licence names) and then the scroll wheel worked. This was IE 6 & 7 so I dunno about FireFox etc. Our website does not yet incorporate the remote2. I tested with the official version set in an iframe, but the scroll bug is still happening there. http://www.citylifecrew.net/serverstatus.php
i've copied the new version to the regular location now, replacing the old version.
The stand alones are available now as well.
Quote from Victor :i've copied the new version to the regular location now, replacing the old version.
The stand alones are available now as well.

PS:
maybe you think about posting it as news on lfs.net too
Thx alot Victor! Great work!
Quote from three_jump :

PS:
maybe you think about posting it as news on lfs.net too

He could post it to lfsworld news instead, it isn't such big news, just an improvement
Thx Victor, nice!
linux + flash 10 is still broken, but you can't be faulted for that.
Quote from bunder9999 :linux + flash 10 is still broken, but you can't be faulted for that.

you always could try if the .exe works better :biggrinfl
Quote from Whiskey :you always could try if the .exe works better :biggrinfl

don't mean to sound like a bonehead, but where is it? i don't see it on the main lfs page... i tried browsing through the thread, but i'm either blind, or i didn't look back far enough.

thanks
Click on the '?' next to the position list.
thanks guys, i'll test it and see what happens.

edit: makes my machine lag trying to pull up the host list. i imagine it's because we're still using flash... adding the extra wine layer just makes things worse. ah well, it was worth a shot. (downgrades flash back to v9 again)
Seems that Victor was the only who understood my joke
From #liveforspeed...

[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> hi o/
[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> I have problem with Remote link...
[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host=MaksNet+%26+SERT+S2
[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> on old Remote, this link work fine, now I have problem...
[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> why?
[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> anyone
[16:59] <SERT|nesrulz> btw, server is connect on insim...
[16:59] <SERT|nesrulz> real server name is MaksNet & SERT S2
Hmm, once I had this problem to, it said it was ok on LFSW insim relay screen, I restarted the insim relay and it reconnected properly.

Another thing, perhaps the "&" symbol is making something go bad. Try test with a different server name without the "&" symbol.
indeed. & symbol is the problem
Quote from nesrulz :[16:58] <SERT|nesrulz> on old Remote, this link work fine, now I have problem...

Victor, any idea?
fixed

btw, someone also wanted the spectator password submittable via the url, which is possible now by adding &specpass=SPECPASSHERE to the url.
Quote from Victor :fixed

btw, someone also wanted the spectator password submittable via the url, which is possible now by adding &specpass=SPECPASSHERE to the url.

Thx.
Would it be possible to allow a 3D spec client? I'd love for the home theater PC to be able to spectate a race so my father can watch league races.

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG