The online racing simulator
7 FPS :( I know my pc can do better
Hi all racers!
When i play LFS my FPS is between 7 and 15.

Here are some specs on my computer:

Based on 8933-FNG: T2370(1.73GHz), 2GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, Intel X3100, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11abg wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, FPR, 6c Li-Ion, WinVista Business 32

It's a school-computer so i run windows XP Pro...

Thanks for help
What graphics settings are you running LFS on?
the video card does not work in lfs
Quote from Rodry87 :the video card does not work in lfs

What?

Course it does, or LFS wouldnt even start up.

@ OP:

I would set the z buffer depth to 16, set everything else to OFF, and then see what happens.
Quote from danthebangerboy :What?

Course it does, or LFS wouldnt even start up.

@ OP:

I would set the z buffer depth to 16, set everything else to OFF, and then see what happens.

yeah.. ok.. does work.. but these will be the maximum fps to have
I think Rodry87 means that the OP should check the display settings outside LFS.

For Aleksander's school PC going by the GFX chipset, you can access the important settings via the CCC or right click desktop choose properties, click the settings tab, then click advanced.

Slide the 3D Performance slider between performance and quality, self explanitory Always check the troubleshooting tab as hardware settings may have been reduced here.

Because its a school PC there could be hidden keylogging type software running, or other background processes, do you play LFS via vista or xp, I guess by your post you dual boot?

Maybe this laptop is just too full of stuff?
how many icons in your taskbar nr the clock?
How many processes running in task manager?
After i set all to no and buffter depth to 16 it went up to 12. But what is LFS without skid marks?:P

I set skid marks to yes and it still at 12
As you say rodry, it isnt a very good card, although when i had a horrible mx440 thing in my pc, i could still get about 15 to 20fps with all settings on low, so that should be manageable with this card i guess.
Quote from SparkyDave :I think Rodry87 means that the OP should check the display settings outside LFS.

For Aleksander's school PC going by the GFX chipset, you can access the important settings via the CCC or right click desktop choose properties, click the settings tab, then click advanced.

Slide the 3D Performance slider between performance and quality, self explanitory Always check the troubleshooting tab as hardware settings may have been reduced here.

Because its a school PC there could be hidden keylogging type software running, or other background processes, do you play LFS via vista or xp, I guess by your post you dual boot?

I had dual boot, but now the tech dudes at my school formated my pc.
Current OS is Win XP Pro.

In total, there is 10 icons in the system tray. 3-4 of them are programs, the others are Wireless network, local network, synchronising, volume etc.

There are no keyloggers and so on the computer, if so I would have deletet it a long time ago:P

I have 56GB left on the HDD.

Top3 in processes sorted by memory is:
firefox.exe 127048 kB
System 66632 kB
svchost.exe 36168 kB

What do you mean by CCC?

I can also add that the computer isn't more than ~8 months old.
Quote from Aleksanderkorneliussen :

What do you mean by CCC?

CatylistControlCenter EDIT:: I missread your post sorry, disregard this post

SD.
"When i play LFS my FPS is between 7 and 15."
Singleplayer with bots, online with how many players ?
More info needed. Benchmark it somehow, CPU and 3D and tell us some results please.
I forgot to say that its a Lenovo ThinkPad R61i.

When i play online its about 7 - 15, when i play offline its about 20.
Quote from SparkyDave :I think Rodry87 means that the OP should check the display settings outside LFS.

the

is simple

Intel X3100 does not do magic

X3100 = low fps

Firstly, close firefox while playing and see if that makes any difference.

The Intel X3100 will be the main culprit. Try reducing the resolution - it should increase framerates, but will look worse. It's a compromise you may need to take.

You won't have CCC/Catalyst as you have an Intel chip. CCC is for ATi graphics, so don't worry about that.

Also make sure the laptop is plugged into mains and is on high performance mode while playing LFS.
#16 - Migz
Quote from danthebangerboy :As you say rodry, it isnt a very good card, although when i had a horrible mx440 thing in my pc, i could still get about 15 to 20fps with all settings on low, so that should be manageable with this card i guess.

WHOAH WHOAH! Careful what you're saying about my graphics card .
And to the topic poster, close all your unnecessary processes, set your graphics right down, make sure you have the most updated graphics, and set your card to be more performancy instead of graphicsy.
Haven't read the other posts but lower your resolution man! Throw it on 800*600 and i bet you will get a lot of FPS back. Then increase to until you get a nice mix of quality and frames.
With the max CFG file this was the results:
2009-06-07 23:31:13 - LFS
Frames: 338 - Time: 102922ms - Avg: 3.284 - Min: 2 - Max: 5

And with the lof CFG:

2009-06-07 23:36:37 - LFS
Frames: 919 - Time: 103000ms - Avg: 8.922 - Min: 7 - Max: 12

May this help you guys?
It's almost certainly your graphics card.

Your cpu is ok for a decent framerate (see other similar spec pcs in the list) but that integrated graphics is going to cripple the system. As others have said, reduce the resolution to minimum.
My old Macbook had similar specs, except the processor was a 2.4GHZ C2D; still had 2GB RAM and X3100.

In order to make LFS playable, I had to turn everything down and use 1024x768 resolution. That was just enough to keep it in 20-40FPS range. The integrated graphics is your problem; its just barely enough to play LFS as we see it today. Back with patch V or so you probably wouldn't have much of a problem.

I've played LFS on a Pentium 3 1GHZ with 512MB RAM and a 16mb Voodoo 3d video card and got a good 15-25 FPS. lol It wasn't my main computer at the time, I just wanted to see what could run LFS.
If you've installed any hires graphics packs then you should remove them also - the plain LFS install will be the best performing.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Haven't read the other posts but lower your resolution man! Throw it on 800*600 and i bet you will get a lot of FPS back. Then increase to until you get a nice mix of quality and frames.

I agree in principal but the desktop resolution is widescreen, and given that most widescreen monitors don't seem to cope with 4:3 aspect ratios very well (i.e. vomit inducing stretching), it's best to stick with 16:10 resolutions, such as 1024x640 or, if it's even possible, 800x500.

7 FPS :( I know my pc can do better
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG