The online racing simulator

Poll : What brand GPU do you have?

nVidia
ATi
Integrated GPU
Quote from Stiggie :Little question: Temperature-wise, i would like to know how these temperatures of my XFX GTX 260 216 are. It idles at around 56º, full-load (Crysis) 76º-80º. This is at the stock clocks (621/1350/2000) Do these temperatures sound reasonable, and not harmfull for the core? I'm worried about it running too hot.

Start worrying only if it will start running around 100°.
Quote from Shadowww :Start worrying only if it will start running around 100°.

Yeah. 110-ish should be the max I suppose.
Those temps are fine stiggie.
Or you could just raise the fan speed when you play games, which is what i do.
Quote from G!NhO :Or you could just raise the fan speed when you play games, which is what i do.

Yeah, you can use RivaTuner for that.
Oh ATi drivers have this as a standard option.
Alright thanks guys. Increasing the Fan speed is possible, but it's actually really loud. It sounds like a 747 starting up next to you when you put it up to 100%. Right now i'll just keep it at auto. Thanks for the info anyway, good to know that it isn't harmfull.
@ Shadowww: The nvidia control panel also has an option for adjusting fanspeeds, but i use the evga precision tool instead.
btw what speed do you have it?

i have mine (ati 4850) when i am not gaming on 60% and the temps are around 53 degrees then, when i am gaming i put it on 75% and it gets about 67 degrees.

The sound doesnt bother me, when gaming i dont hear it actually.
Quote from G!NhO :btw what speed do you have it?

i have mine (ati 4850) when i am not gaming on 60% and the temps are around 53 degrees then, when i am gaming i put it on 75% and it gets about 67 degrees.

Why not on auto? Works fine.
Idle #1=78 degrees with 20% fan
Idle #2=68 degrees with 50% fan
Both run 102~ on full power with 100% fan.
Monday my HAF932 will arrive, I'll hope to get better temps by then.
With auto its like 82 degrees all the time, i dont like that.
Quote from G!NhO :With auto its like 82 degrees all the time, i dont like that.

Why does that matter?
Doesnt that make it break easier? And does it perform better when its colder or doesn't that matter?
Quote from G!NhO :Doesnt that make it break easier? And does it perform better when its colder or doesn't that matter?

Nah, You won't really notice it. Plus that when it goes higher when it's getting too hot. So if you set it to 75, the chance is higher that it overheats then when you let it automaticly cool.
Ye true, well ill set it back to auto then.
Quote from G!NhO :i have mine (ati 4850) when i am not gaming on 60% and the temps are around 53 degrees then, when i am gaming i put it on 75% and it gets about 67 degrees.

ATi - Hot Hardware. Really hot.

Mine 9800GT idles at 40° with auto fan speed (usually ~50%)
Quote from Shadowww :ATi - Hot Hardware. Really hot.

Think about that it depends on the fan + case + airflow + room temperature.
Just had to 'upgrade' my 'puter since it stopped working.

I am a Shuttle addict - I can't stand big tower units. So I've bought myself an SX58H7 Shuttle, with a Core i7 920 CPU. Due to money constraints it's still got my old Ati X850XTPE in it, but next week that is due to be replaced with a 4850 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X card. That should bump up Crysis (demo) from 17fps to something a bit better

Am loving the speeds - Ati Traytool is claiming 300fps in Half Life 2 (yes, I still play that occasionally), and I dread to think what LFS would be able to acheive if I didn't Vsync it).

Just want to find something great to play on it graphics-wise. Have ordered Crysis (only installed the demo yesterday, and loving it). Was thinking Far Cry 2 might look nice, and I can't wait for Operation Flashpoint...

But now I am poor, and only have soup and pasta to eat
Quote from tristancliffe :Just had to 'upgrade' my 'puter since it stopped working.

I am a Shuttle addict - I can't stand big tower units. So I've bought myself an SX58H7 Shuttle, with a Core i7 920 CPU. Due to money constraints it's still got my old Ati X850XTPE in it, but next week that is due to be replaced with a 4850 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X card. That should bump up Crysis (demo) from 17fps to something a bit better

Am loving the speeds - Ati Traytool is claiming 300fps in Half Life 2 (yes, I still play that occasionally), and I dread to think what LFS would be able to acheive if I didn't Vsync it).

Just want to find something great to play on it graphics-wise. Have ordered Crysis (only installed the demo yesterday, and loving it). Was thinking Far Cry 2 might look nice, and I can't wait for Operation Flashpoint...

But now I am poor, and only have soup and pasta to eat

Nice

btw Far Cry 2 sucks and yeah i cant wait for operation flashpoint either!
Quote from Bose321 :Think about that it depends on the fan + case + airflow + room temperature.

I have stock fan, CRAPPY case which is like 7 years old, almost no airflow (near wall) and ~20-25° in room.
Quote from Shadowww :I have stock fan, CRAPPY case which is like 7 years old, almost no airflow (near wall) and ~20-25° in room.

Good for you.
I've seen loads of HD4850's on air with 40 degrees. So just shutup you stupid fanboy!
Quote from Shadowww :ATi - Hot Hardware. Really hot.

A friend of mine has a new pc with a 4850 too, its 39 degrees at idle with 0% fan speed.

The clocks of the card are 100 and 150 when its idle, i dont know how he does it mine are always 500 and 750 on idle.

So ATi isn't "hotware"...
Quote from G!NhO :A friend of mine has a new pc with a 4850 too, its 39 degrees at idle with 0% fan speed.

The clocks of the card are 100 and 150 when its idle, i dont know how he does it mine are always 500 and 750 on idle.

So ATi isn't "hotware"...

You have 2D and 3D clocks. The 2D clocks are 500 and 750 because you don't need higher then that for windows applications or just show a background
But how does he manage too have the clocks at 100 and 150 then?

btw he has just standard ccc settings.
Quote from G!NhO :But how does he manage too have the clocks at 100 and 150 then?

btw he has just standard ccc settings.

That seems really low, I can't even seem to do that. My lowest underclock is 500/750...
Quote from G!NhO :btw what speed do you have it?

Auto on idle says the fan runs at 40%, while in-game i think it's at around 50-60%.
I can't really ever hear the fan on auto, while if i set on 70 or 80% manually, it sounds like a vacume. PLUS i don't have to do the effort to keep on manually changing it. That's why i think auto is better. I also think Auto-fan just likes to keep the card at around 80° at full load. Never goes over that temp.
The GTX 260 is made to run hot though.

@Bose, my GPU's clock drops to 300 when idle, so there could be some truth in shadow's post.

What brand GFX card do you have?
(285 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG