The online racing simulator
LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
"Today, what does interest players? The cruise, and yes, nothing else. Every new S2 player is only attracted by the cruise"

Uhh?

"the development of LFS took a arcade evolution"

Uhh?

I felt the same, when i was reading this (add a quite lot of a laughter).

Truth is, that cruise servers have attracted (and probably are attracting) A LOT of people. When i accidentally turned off my cruise filter few days ago, i saw 4 or 5 fully packed cruise servers and my jaw basically dropped to hell. On the other hand, those are mostly just nublets driving 'round, pissing off cops (admins) and doing some silly jobs.
I spent there lot of time year ago, i have no bad experience with anyone, so i am not against particular people, but this way of LFS-ing is just silly. Ask Monty Python guys. They will tell you.

/rant
My God.... A cruise server closed....

'Tis the end of LFS then.....
Quote from Jakg :The pedals in my car hinge from the top - the pedals on my wheel hinge from the bottom. IRL I push the pedal back (they don't actually rotate much), whereas with my wheel the pedal goes round as it rotates much more.

Some vans, like a VW LT, have pedals that hinge from the bottom.
#79 - Jakg
Ok, if it's like that - the Porsche 911's accelerator hinges from the bottom, too - but most cars hinge from the top.
Quote from vykos69 :sounds a lot like some cheese is missing here.... For all that whining

+1
Why cant everyone get along personally i like lc because it was a chill out when i used to race in ctra (long time ago) i used to get so mad at other drivers knocking me and being rude i needed something a bit more relaxed , so i didnt lose intrest flame me all you want but your a big loser bully head if you are Thankyou
Quote from Antman :Why cant everyone get along personally i like lc because it was a chill out when i used to race in ctra (long time ago) i used to get so mad at other drivers knocking me and being rude i needed something a bit more relaxed , so i didnt lose intrest flame me all you want but your a big loser bully head if you are Thankyou

Punctuation, spelling, grammar: learn them!
Quote from Antman : other drivers knocking me and being rude

That happened on LC as well... especially by the cops..
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Hello cruisers, as protest against the the selfish closing we want keep the server empty. The server will be open until July 1.

For all the cruising haters something:
The cruising is good for:
  1. get practice. I drive only with Mouse by using both mouse axes, (with PPJoy you can use it in every game), and to learn drive with throttle and brake in mouse Y was really hard for me. I learned it in cruising servers very easy. Thats not so boring like in Single player, and normal practice servers are not good for it, because there are people with higher skills and you always have to press shift+s.
  2. learning to keep attention for other drivers. Learning to watch out, learning to watch for oncoming traffic and drive without any accident. Watching for traffic before join the track and so forth.
  3. chilling out.
Its not necessary to write that you hate this, its absolutely a counterproductive manner. Its just Spam.

Have you ever been chased by a bunch of police? This can cause high adrenaline... when you robbed bank before XD.

meanings about this what are writtn at liberty-cruise.com are welcome. And yes, i find not all good what they wrote.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Punctuation, spelling, grammar: learn them!

where you born an ****, or did your worthless life make you one.
I couldn't really be bothered to read anything at all in this thread, but I totally agree with what xerxes posted about the dedicated server. It's crap.
We need binaries for multiple platforms (for most GNU/Linux distributions at least), if not the source.
We need proper multithreading to fully seperate the connection queue and the race in progress.
We DO NOT need DirectX.

The dedicated server should be treated as an indepentend project, not a stripped out version of the client.
Quote from Ales_M :I had real good laugh reading what xerxes writed on their site, like drivers and developers are to blame that he is closing server lol. The only reason lc is closing is that lc crew is bunch of noobs who cant hanlde pressure. It happened before and now it happened again. And xerxes pls dont reopen it in 6 months...

I totally agree with you, i was disgusted that he blamed the LFS devs for his lack of ability to run a server which is really disapointing as it had a good insim with lots of potential, but has now gone to waste because of someone who is a complete idiot and blames others for his own mistakes.
Besides the good laugh on Xerxes website, we must remember that really cruising isn't the bad point here.

It's the fact that the admins and the 'cops' are too full of themselves, and really reming me of Cartman in SouthPark (in the episode 'The Chicken Lover').

Just a bit of history here : cruise servers are the evolution of cops n' robbers, and in CnR, both sides wanted to chase each other, and have a blast. In cruise servers, cops chase to get money and to fine people, trying to make everyone respect the 'law' of the server, probably because they lack sufficient authority IRL to convince their friends to go in a bar they prefer.

I used to cruise to get in chases and have fun. I remember holding almost 10 minutes in a chase against a FZR with the XRT, just because the cop was a noobfest himself. After 10 minutes, I got kicked. Real sporty spirits, ain't it ?

People don't hate or dislike cruise servers without a reason. People don't care if others like to ride at 35mph. They (I included) find it pointless to have a force of 1337 (sarcastically speaking) enforcing this slow driving. As if they lost the spirit of an interesting chase in order to eat doughnuts in front of their screen while monitoring the speed of every people passing at the banked hairpin on Aston.

A bit of a shame, if you ask me. So cruisers proponents should really try to understand all of the reasons behind the tension toward them, instead of crying to discrimination or segregation whatsoever.

LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG