The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Sucks, I hope its not like that with the Corvette as well. I am not too interested in the road side right now but was planning on doing those races more once the Corvette is out. Right now I'm only C for road and oval anyway so I haven't had much trouble finding races.

I'm afraid the problem is only going to get worse if a lot of the one year guys don't sign up for another year, which is coming up soon from what I've been reading.
Quote from spanks :I must say its getting pretty frustrating to hop on the sim at night here on the west coast and see 0-10 people at most in any series.

The most really for the prototype and radical is like 2-4 people.

I just want some cars out there during open practice..it makes it much more enjoyable.

The SRF practices/races have been pretty busy, but yeah that's about it.
"Our members have spoken. And iRacing has listened. As a result, some of our most enthusiastic members now have more reason than ever to take advantage of iRacing’s volume discount program. Effective immediately, any transaction that will result in the licensing of all currently available cars and tracks will automatically receive a 25% discount on included cars and tracks. So if you're only missing one piece of content for a complete set, there's no reason to wait for a bundle of three or six new cars and tracks to score a discount. And even if you only have the basic package of three cars and seven tracks, the Volume Discount program is sweeter than ever. Meanwhile, If the contents in your cart will NOT make you a 100% content owner, the multi-item discounts of 10% (for any three cars and/or tracks) and 20% (for six or more items) will still apply."

Pretty awesome, I'm up to 100% now. Only reason I was holding out on some stuff was so I could get the volume discount when new things came out, no reason to wait now. Road Atlanta is pretty fun, need to learn the track so I can blast around the blind corners without wrecking every time.
Quote from UncleBenny :"Our members have spoken. And iRacing has listened. As a result, some of our most enthusiastic members now have more reason than ever to take advantage of iRacing’s volume discount program. Effective immediately, any transaction that will result in the licensing of all currently available cars and tracks will automatically receive a 25% discount on included cars and tracks. So if you're only missing one piece of content for a complete set, there's no reason to wait for a bundle of three or six new cars and tracks to score a discount. And even if you only have the basic package of three cars and seven tracks, the Volume Discount program is sweeter than ever. Meanwhile, If the contents in your cart will NOT make you a 100% content owner, the multi-item discounts of 10% (for any three cars and/or tracks) and 20% (for six or more items) will still apply."

Pretty awesome, I'm up to 100% now. Only reason I was holding out on some stuff was so I could get the volume discount when new things came out, no reason to wait now. Road Atlanta is pretty fun, need to learn the track so I can blast around the blind corners without wrecking every time.

I added everything up to see how much it would be total if I were to buy everything. ~$450 after the 25% off Looks like I'll be holding off on some of the oval crap i'll never drive But with the credits from purchasing a year's subscription I'll be able to get most of the road stuff. I'm actually really looking foward to it.
It was like $208 for me..all oval stuff

I'm 100% road, gimme 25% off!
Heh, yeah, they should take into account your dominant racing style :P. If you've never run an oval race, and have the road stuff, that should count IMO towards applicable content. You can't run both series' without being seriously dedicated.
Ya it might be someone different...

But...I do wonder if we can get Jr. to play Live for Speed
As big as he is into sim racing, it would be interesting to know if he's at least given it a try. He does seem to be mostly an oval guy in iRacing though so LFS probably doesn't have much appeal to him.
Quote from UncleBenny :As big as he is into sim racing, it would be interesting to know if he's at least given it a try. He does seem to be mostly an oval guy in iRacing though so LFS probably doesn't have much appeal to him.

His times are very good on road tracks aswell.

For example hes in top 15 atm. on combo - Pontiac Solstice - Lime Rock Full course. Maybe hes tried LFS, nobody knows. Although he can race some oval here too
Quote from UncleBenny :As big as he is into sim racing, it would be interesting to know if he's at least given it a try. He does seem to be mostly an oval guy in iRacing though so LFS probably doesn't have much appeal to him.

Yeah, but next time you see him you should direct him this way Who knows he might become a LFS regular along with iRacing
Quote from lizardfolk :Yeah, but next time you see him you should direct him this way Who knows he might become a LFS regular along with iRacing

Not when he sees the class balancing and aero modeling.
http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/index.php

Quote :BEDFORD, MA (June 12, 2009) - Brands Hatch, home for many years to the British Grand Prix and today host to A1GP and many other open-wheel and touring-car series, and Oulton Park, a hill-and-dale circuit named by drivers as one of the world's most challenging, will join Silverstone as the second and third British motorsport facilities to be represented in the iRacing.com motorsport simulation service. The announcement was made jointly today by iRacing and MotorSport Vision, the owner of the two circuits.

nice tracks!!!!!
hey, nice.
Quote from StableX :http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/index.php

nice tracks!!!!!

EXCELLENT! It's really strange - I was just thinking this morning how good it would be if LFS were secretly working on a lazer scanned track of Brands Hatch!!
How long do you think it'll be till it's available? Brands Hatch is such a great track and the only one which i have actually driven on. That might just secure my second year subscription...
Quote from Nick A :EXCELLENT!
How long do you think it'll be till it's available?

they think the end of year by the time it's ready...
Oh yeah, I just read the announcement - early next year. Too far away but looking forward to it.
Damned sexy, surely while they're over in the UK Knockhill could be scanned.

If they scanned Knockhill then I'd be i-wettingmypanties racing
Wouldn't mind seeing Cadwell, either.
Quote from AlienT. :Damned sexy, surely while they're over in the UK Knockhill could be scanned.

Knockhill + Legends = best combo ever.
Quote from AlienT. :Damned sexy, surely while they're over in the UK Knockhill could be scanned.

Having Knockhill would be totally wicked!
Thruxton would be awesome to have in iRacing laser scanned.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG