The online racing simulator
More Cars and Tracks PLEASE.
(143 posts, started )
Quote from Turbo Dad :Nice welcome guys?? what's your problem? Loads of people have there rig specs in their sig's

Bboy-MassUK - Welcome to LFS , and dont let a few people give you the wrong idea about the rest of the community, mostly a friendly bunch round here

Have fun

+1 welcome mate!Have a nice time here!
Quote from Forbin :How many 4GIG DOMMS?

For those actually curious about what this means, I'm guessing he means Corsair Dominators.

As others have said those awesome modders might be able to put out a really nice looking model but the physics of it will be rubbish at best. The devs would spend more time fixing the modders contributions than adding real content and updates.
Well, what a welcome.lol

So sorry a couple of people got the wrong idea about my Rig details, all the other IT sites I belong to announce there specs, its all part of the fun.

Anyway, your right about the Core i7 being better than the AMD chip, but I invested in AMD and tend to stick with it.

Although I was over at the iracing site today and they ALL seemed like nice people. So to say "I'm up for a 12 month subscription", would I be flamed down about my UBER salary again?? .LOL

BTW, I will subscribe to iRacing because it looks wicked - not because I can afford it. I remember the days when I could not even afford a 3.5 inch floppy to put Atari or AMIGA games on it, which is why I decided to work hard and get a good job in IT.

ramble,ramble ramble .......

Anyone here subscribed to iRacing ?

Looks good, but NO demo. I wonder why???
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :GTX295 is overkill for this game, but I plan on going TrippleHead2GO with 3 screens for Xmas, so I needed the power to keep the all important 60fps

Well, my 6800GT runs LFS on two 19" screens at 2560x1024 res with modified high-res graphics without issue, so I doubt you'd need anything near that powerful for a third screen.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Well, what a welcome.lol

So sorry a couple of people got the wrong idea about my Rig details, all the other IT sites I belong to announce there specs, its all part of the fun.

Anyway, your right about the Core i7 being better than the AMD chip, but I invested in AMD and tend to stick with it.

Although I was over at the iracing site today and they ALL seemed like nice people. So to say "I'm up for a 12 month subscription", would I be flamed down about my UBER salary again?? .LOL

BTW, I will subscribe to iRacing because it looks wicked - not because I can afford it. I remember the days when I could not even afford a 3.5 inch floppy to put Atari or AMIGA games on it, which is why I decided to work hard and get a good job in IT.

ramble,ramble ramble .......

Looks good, but NO demo. I wonder why???

I love how he keeps bringing up "Its not because of my salary"

Anyway, check offtopic section, iRacing thread there.
Quite a few guys from here got it.
Stang70fastback, thanks for the info.

I'm in two minds about Tripplehead2go??? Its either a 30in Dell, 30 inc Apple or 3x22in NEC at 1680x1050.

I had no idea this game was running under DX8 It looks sweet on my system and like you say, it runs on the older cards too.NICE.

I mainly want the 3 screens for Trackir (one2one mapping). I want to feel I'm totaly emmersed while playing. I played 3hrs today online with some nice German guys (they never flammed me down for having a nice rig.hahahah) and I've not had such fun since playing Project Gotham 3 online years back on Xboxlive.lol

Very pleased with my S2 License.

But I must admit to signing up to iRacer tonight (no flaming please). Its what Ive always wanted and for £12 pounds per month, I think its a bargin. You could go and waste 24.99 tomorrow on GT5p and not have as much fun.

BTW, do you guys agree that PS3 GT5p has taken a step back since the awesome GT3 on PS2 ????

It aint what it used to be.

Oh well, time to practice my opostite lock.lol
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :So sorry a couple of people got the wrong idea about my Rig details, all the other IT sites I belong to announce there specs, its all part of the e-penis waving

Fixed.

Quote from Bboy-MassUK :

Yup, and once you do you'll probably never fire up LFS again.
You posted your system specs in a thread that doesn't require it. If this was a "I'm getting low FPS, what can I do?" type thread where we should actually know them then fair enough. However, you've just decided to say "Look at my system" pretty much. It's nothing special either, you've spent a bit of money on it but anyone with the same amount of money could do the same thing. You've also mentioned a couple of times that you have a big salary, so it makes me think again that you're just trying to show off. We have a Post Your "LFS" Rig thread where you could do that if you wanted to.
You guys are making me laugh

Forget the RIG and the bullshit about my salary, its obviously being taken WAY OUT OF CONTEXT.

I mean, if I had said "YO I'm on a shit load", then yea I deserve a shafting. But I was just trying to get my point across that the other guy was flaming me for no reason, so i guessed "This guys jealous".

WHO GIVES A F&*&

Anyway, I fired up iRacer and YEA, its AWESOME.

If you look at how much its going to cost in the long run, its a JOKE.

Nice but no worth £100+

Peace out brothers, your boring me now.LOL
Moose, If the costings were right from the start - then yea, LFS would be in BIG trouble.

Nice to have both though.

Just think, when I get my BIG BONUS and BIG PAY increase I can afford every track and car in iRacer.LOL

You guys are too serious.

HAHAHAHAH

Night,Night
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Moose, If the costings were right from the start - then yea, LFS would be in BIG trouble.

Just think, when I get my BIG BONUS and BIG PAY increase I can afford every track and car in iRacer.LOL

I agree that its overpriced for what it is currently, but it provides the best, cleanest racing I've ever encountered. That's always what i've looked for in a sim, and it delivers on that front, for the price of a couple of beers a week.

In 30 races I've had contact with another car twice.
After experiencing the quality of tracks and FFB in iRacing i can't drive anything else. Nothing comes remotely close. (nKPro delivers on the "feel" but no one races it, so its become a pointless exercise)

....and trust me, I'm no iRacing fanboy, as anyone that's read my comments on iRacing in the past will tell you

I'm unemployed and can afford it. Anyone can afford it. If clean competitive racing is what someone's after, iRacing delivers, bigtime. That makes it worth it in my eyes.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Hi there , welcome to forums

You ever try de-caff ?
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Hello, this is my first post and may I say I LOVE LFS

RIGHT, why is it that such a popular SIM has only a few tracks and cars??

Don't get me wrong, these guys have built some quality stuff here, but why not open it up to the modding freaks????

I think LFS looks the best out of all the SIMS (rfactor,Race07 etc), so why not let those modders loose???

I would love to see more as long as the quality control was in place.

Here's my system anyway, incase your wondering what I'm running:

ASUS M3NHT-DELUXE MOBO
PII 940 BE (on air 3.6G)
GTX295 GPU-SLi
G25
TrackIR5
CoolerMaster HAF
Vista 64
4GIG Corsair DOMMS
G15 Keyboard
G9 Mouse
Samsung T240 - 24inc Monitor

And every simm you can shake a wheel at.lol

LFS being my favourite for TrackIR5, its just soooo sweet.NICE.

Regards
BboyMassUK
Birmingham

You're on the wrong section, buddy. Go on Improvement Suggestions.

[/thread]
[/day]
Moosee, whats silverstone and the mazda f1 car like??

What tracks and cars you payed for??

Mrning everyone..
strange read this thread is (ends yoda voice).
bboy, have you tried all the track/car combos? as my mother would say, "you're not getting anymore until you finish the stuff you have." and no, you have not been flamed yet. you've been smacked down a few times, but you have not yet been flamed.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Get a life or get a new graphics card. LOL.

So getting a new graphics cards is a alternative to getting a life? k, I will tell that to World of Wankers players.
Quote from dadge :strange read this thread is (ends yoda voice).
bboy, have you tried all the track/car combos? as my mother would say, "you're not getting anymore until you finish the stuff you have." and no, you have not been flamed yet. you've been smacked down a few times, but you have not yet been flamed.

Dont worry, pretty sure few more of his posts will start the flaming
OK, HERE it is.

LFS (up until 17:00 yesterday) was without doubt THE best Sim on the planet.

NOW ive been playing iRacer, its a whole different story.

BUT, considering the developers for LFS are not funded as well as the boys and girls at iracing, its still one of my favourit sims and will always have a slot in my Sim/gaming life.

Must admit, iracer is something to behold. Only trouble is, PRICE.

Even on my salary.lol With a 1year subscription and all tracks and cars (including discounts), its close to £300 notes.

But I guess a little treat each month would be ok (1 car + 1 new track) considering the crap I could be buying on the shelfs at the moment. Last good racer for me was Forza2 on 360.

iRacer+Trackir5 = DREAM COME TRUE

Nice.
Do you mean Iracing?

I wonder if they will ever do a coupon day? or other free demo, just to let some of us less affluent enjoy this iracing everyones always raving about
Can you get pickup racing in iracing? or do you have to be online at specific times?
Is there many people playing in the free (but with credit card details??) demo?
can you race any class of car you wish? or do you have to play through all the lower levels first?

Maybe one day I will try this iracer/iracing/idriver whatever its called

SD.
Sparky, its 12.99 for a months subsription and you get a small number of cars and tracks for what is quite simply the most complete Sim available.

Its costs a lot though (for extra tracks and cars), but if you buy a little each month like I'm going to do, then your sorted.

You wont understand what all the fuss is a bout until you buy that first months subscription.

Do it.
No thanks

If I wanted a passtime for the rich, I would be into real motosport

Ill try any free demo they put out but If I pay £13 I would like more than a month to evaluate, especially given the actual time I give over to hobbies like virtual racing, I take it if/when you stop paying it shuts your offline practise too?

Good to hear that it blows all other sims you've played out the water tho, Ill just keep an eye out for that coupon day

SD.
I don't think I've seen him spell iRacing correctly once
What a thread about somebody's salary and "wow what a rig" specs. I mean i've got nothing against you(ofcourse not :tilt, at least you're not being nasty against others which is a problem in LFS forum, but just the impression you create with that kind of talk is just a bit not too nice

It's hard to be ontopic if there are such distracting factors. Just keep up the positive attitude
ha, the jokers on this forum are too much.

Here you go: iracing, iracking, iracein, iracer.

At the end of the day, you know what I'm talking about.

You no what, this thread stated out about nodding lfs. Then it turned into slagging session about me, my Salary and now my spelling.

If I was not thick-skinned I would cry. Boohoo. LOL.

Love you all.

P.s if I'm making mistakes, itbecause I'm post g using my iPhone.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :P.s if I'm making mistakes, itbecause I'm post g using my iPhone.

This PS enlarges your e-penis by 10 iCentimeters

More Cars and Tracks PLEASE.
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG