The online racing simulator
Urget! G25 problem need help
(28 posts, started )
Urget! G25 problem need help
Hi,

I purchased a g25 over a month ago.. and i played lfs with it.. it worked 100% 900 degrees and all.. then i used it on my ps2.. now it is locked to 540 degrees and i cannot set it back up to 900 degrees.. i completely re installed the g25 software and now when i run lfs i get a message saying that it cannot create FF steer axis.. when i try to play the wheel wont spin back when i drift. it just moves back to the centre.. so what im trying to say is that if anyone has a clue what is happening i would really appreciate if you private message me..
what im asking is can someone please help me reset the g25 so it is back to normal again, so i can use 900 degrees and so i can drift properly again

Alex
#2 - vane
Have you got the logitech profiler software installed?

off topic, if you have enough money to buy a G25, why can't you get an S2 license?
#3 - Fuse5
Quote from vane :off topic, if you have enough money to buy a G25, why can't you get an S2 license?

how the hell is this relevant? Its his own damn choice!
#4 - vane
dunno i did say off topic...
Quote from Fuse5 :how the hell is this relevant? Its his own damn choice!

Why are you so aggressive with your response?? He offered advice & asked a question then you attacked him for no reason.
Quote from vane :Have you got the logitech profiler software installed?

off topic, if you have enough money to buy a G25, why can't you get an S2 license?

well.. im only 16 and yeah i dont have a credit card.. and parents dont think its safe to buy stuff over the internet.. trust me i want one.... i wish i had the XRT back

and yeah i do have the logitech profiler installed.. btw i got the force feed back working again.. but i still cant seem to get it past 540 degrees
i really dont know how to work this forum thingy.. but yeah i did reply to you vane.. its on the bottom of the page lol.. with your message in it?
i guess no one wants to help me because i play demo right?
I think i know what your asking....so here i will ramble on............
.-->> SO.....Unplug the G25 & uninstall software......

Then try deleting all registry entry's,by going to the start menu\run and type regedit

This will open registry Editor,go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech

and delete all entrys in the logitech folder & restart computer. reinstalling the g25 software once restarted should fix this problem..

(But if im wrong im thinking this & your problem is just a settings misconfigure plz have a look @ http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=52552

Just remember to check all setting in wingman profiler in the "options" & "Edit" Tabs.

Quote :On first installation,By "Default" the g25 is set to 200deg with full Spring & dampening and the force feed back turned off!!!

Quote from Blackknight555 :I think i know what your asking....so here i will ramble on............

Then try deleting all registry entry's,by going to the start menu\run and type regedit

and delete all entrys in the logitech folder & restart computer. reinstalling the g25 software once restarted should fix this problem..

(But if im wrong im thinking this & your problem is just a settings misconfigure plz have a look @ http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=52552

Just remember to check all setting in wingman profiler in the "options" & "Edit" Tabs.

thanks mate.. ill check this out later
much appreciated
#11 - vane
Get your parents to try Paypal, if anything goes wrong they give you a refund

Yes, i too am 16 going on 17 (yay) and it is really bloody annoying not having a card account able to use over the internet, i have been looking for a new wheel ever since my bro broke my old one :s
Quote from vane :Get your parents to try Paypal, if anything goes wrong they give you a refund

Yes, i too am 16 going on 17 (yay) and it is really bloody annoying not having a card account able to use over the internet, i have been looking for a new wheel ever since my bro broke my old one :s

i wasnt aware that you could pay with paypal.. but yeah i told mum and she straight out said no.. so that was a no go... and i honestly wish i could have s2 maybe some day :P
If you have a UK bank account you can buy LFS licence and pay by cheque, it takes a few days longer to show up due to post and clearing etc, you can also pop into the post office and ask for a money order, hand over the cash to postie then send the money order to LFS HQ, slightly quicker as money orders are like cash So if you really want S2 and you earn your own money....

If you like the demo, you should love the S2 cars and tracks, I think the extra content and everyting else that comes with a licence is well worth it, for me anyway

OT/

I don't think Vane meant anything, he was just asking the question

Alex, pay no attention to people who say S2 users are better than Demo users, some here are a little narrow minded, however most are friendly, polite and responsible.

SD.
Quote from Alex_92 :i guess no one wants to help me because i play demo right?

Well you only waited a couple hours and MOST of the LFS population was asleep during that time. Most of them are in Europe and are in sifferent time zone to you. They are most active at around 5am your time.

----
Make sure your profiler options are set up correctly.

Here is a guide below, make sure you read and understand that first, then apply it to your wheel setup.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Image:LogitechSetup.jpg
Quote from SparkyDave :If you have a UK bank account you can buy LFS licence and pay by cheque, it takes a few days longer to show up due to post and clearing etc, you can also pop into the post office and ask for a money order, hand over the cash to postie then send the money order to LFS HQ, slightly quicker as money orders are like cash So if you really want S2 and you earn your own money....

If you like the demo, you should love the S2 cars and tracks, I think the extra content and everyting else that comes with a licence is well worth it, for me anyway

OT/

I don't think Vane meant anything, he was just asking the question

Alex, pay no attention to people who say S2 users are better than Demo users, some here are a little narrow minded, however most are friendly, polite and responsible.

SD.

but im in australia.. so if i went to a post office. asked for a money order.. they would convert it into the pounds? that would be sweet as
Quote from Blackknight555 :I think i know what your asking....so here i will ramble on............

is the wheel only meant to turn one and a quarter from centre.. to each side.. because its 900 deg lock to lock.. but i always thought that i could spin the wheel 2 and a half spins from the centre.. maybe im wrong
Quote from vane :Get your parents to try Paypal, if anything goes wrong they give you a refund

Get a Solo card like I've had since I was 14? Hooked up to Paypal, along with my bank account.. and been a fully verified paypal user since 2005. Epic huh?
Quote from Alex_92 :but im in australia.. so if i went to a post office. asked for a money order.. they would convert it into the pounds? that would be sweet as

Absolutly, ask for an international money order made out for £24GBP (about $48.75AUD (assuming you want S2)) then send it airmail to the devs with your user info, should take around 2-3 weeks to become licenced
All the info is on the main LFS site

Good Luck

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Absolutly, ask for an international money order made out for £24GBP (assuming you want S2) then send it airmail to the devs with your user info, should take around 2-3 weeks to become licenced
All the info is on the main LFS site

Good Luck

SD.

well i guess i am officially saving up.. LOL i get 20 dollars a week.. should take about 3 weeks :P (Y).. and is the g25 meant to spin 2 and a half spins from centre to lock.. or is it two and a half from lock to lock?

thanks

Alex

2 1/2 from lock to lock.. that's 900 degrees.. It'll only turn 450 degrees either way from centre.
Quote from Alex_92 :is the wheel only meant to turn one and a quarter from centre.. to each side.. because its 900 deg lock to lock.. but i always thought that i could spin the wheel 2 and a half spins from the centre.. maybe im wrong

hehe too many VB's

1&1/4 turns is 360deg +90deg = 450deg from center to each side

450 + 450 = 900

Sounds perfect to me

SD.
Quote from Alex_92 :is the wheel only meant to turn one and a quarter from centre.. to each side.. because its 900 deg lock to lock.. but i always thought that i could spin the wheel 2 and a half spins from the centre.. maybe im wrong

When it is not plugged into the PC and not powered, it should do two and a half (2 & 1/2) complete turns from start to finish. Does it do that? If not then there is something really wrong with your G25, mechanically wrong.

edit: beaten by others, sorry.
edit: OMG I thought he meant it only went 1 & 1/4 from lock to lock, not from CENTRE.. OMG /facepalm
I should re-read before posting.
Quote from SparkyDave :hehe too many VB's

1&1/4 turns is 360deg +90deg = 450deg from center to each side

450 + 450 = 900

Sounds perfect to me

SD.

HAHAH well i thought there was something wrong.. because that is what it was doing LOL.. i took it back to the shop.. got a brand new one. for nothing (Y) it was free. still in warranty
Quote from JasonJ :When it is not plugged into the PC and not powered, it should do two and a half (2 & 1/2) complete turns from start to finish. Does it do that? If not then there is something really wrong with your G25, mechanically wrong.

yeah it does mate... and by the way.. i really like your sunroof's.. they look really good
cheers,

So it's all working correctly now?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG