The online racing simulator
Quote from Skydiver173 :LOL, true... but we all know the usual outcome of an uncontrolled scramble, huh?

Indeed.

I wonder if dropping back is a good idea tho...
Quote from lizardfolk :Indeed.

I wonder if dropping back is a good idea tho...

Definately NOT! lol ...just stay behind the person in front of you and wait for a good opportunity to pass. Let that person do the work... afterall, you're saving gas (and tires) by staying in thier draft... and THAT is what will make you win during a 4 hour long race.
Quote from Skydiver173 :Definately NOT! lol ...just stay behind the person in front of you and wait for a good opportunity to pass. Let that person do the work... afterall, you're saving gas (and tires) by staying in thier draft... and THAT is what will make you win during a 4 hour long race.

I don't know about you guys but i burn through tires much quicker in Draft.
Quote from Mustafur :I don't know about you guys but i burn through tires much quicker in Draft.

Probably because your passing the car in front of you, then letting him pass you, then you pass him again... and so on, and so on...

but if you just stay behind in the draft of other cars and don't pass, your tires should last much longer.
Quote from Skydiver173 :Probably because your passing the car in front of you, then letting him pass you, then you pass him again... and so on, and so on...

but if you just stay behind in the draft of other cars and don't pass, your tires should last much longer.

hmm i like your thinking.
Quote from LFSn00b :I shall tell the future by showing how the Kyoto 500 event will start

LOL... looks familiar.
Damn, I had a bad start, lol
Quote from Skydiver173 :Yea, right.. lol

73 K. O'Keefe - I hope you saved these replays. Why push so hard at the starts?

I meant to add this to that last post I made, but O'Keefe, please take a look at your car during session 8 starting at 46:00,00 (at the 46 minute mark). Press F9 and notice how you are jerking the car back and forth (Rush, rush, rush!). Notice how you burned up your clutch and had to end your session. There is no hurry my friend... that leads me back to the original post I made of....

________
I hope you saved these replays. Why push so hard at the starts?
________

Guys... we have one month to get ready for this and I recommend that everyone save the replays and learn from them. Watch them over and over so you learn from your mistakes. Not only that, but you can learn alot about other drivers habits (bad and good) just by watching them.

Think of this as a big game of chess. What's your next move? Do you know your plan 3 laps ahead of time? My goal is to help you all realize there is a lot more to racing than just passing the guy in front of you.
P.S. why else would Deko have us racing on R2s? lol

Blue skys and safe driving!
Quote from LFSn00b :I shall tell the future by showing how the Kyoto 500 event will start

If the actual 500 starts like that I will banhammer the hell out of those responsible. That incident was BS, and it should be known.

Anyway, OP updated with replays and results, LapCards (in a zip) and a picture of the photo finish for 1st.

d
For DekoJester,

I've got an idea... When the yellow flag comes out, is it possible to have the SC continue to roll. I noticed it parks on the track in the middle of turn 1 and waits for the field to come up to the back of it, resulting in quite a few bumps and bruises.

When we come around, i noticed many people have to slow very quickly to prevent overtaking it. Afterall, we're moving at a reatively high speed (130mph) compared to a parked car. lol

Maybe having it keep rolling will prevent some of these issues.

just a though.
#36 - wild
Quote :Guys... we have one month to get ready for this and I recommend that everyone save the replays and learn from them. Watch them over and over so you learn from your mistakes. Not only that, but you can learn alot about other drivers habits (bad and good) just by watching them.

I have to agree with you there Jeffy, consistency and patients is the key for spectacular racing

Replays are fantastic to review. You can see if or where your making the mistakes and try to correct them for the next race. You can only learn from your mistakes! Another thing there good for is to see what others are doing relative to you. If others are managing their tyres better, why not see if your doing something different?

Remember you can always visit (FM) Oval Junkies 2 to pick up some techniques for the race.

Good luck guys
Quote from Skydiver173 :For DekoJester,

I've got an idea... When the yellow flag comes out, is it possible to have the SC continue to roll. I noticed it parks on the track in the middle of turn 1 and waits for the field to come up to the back of it, resulting in quite a few bumps and bruises.

When we come around, i noticed many people have to slow very quickly to prevent overtaking it. Afterall, we're moving at a reatively high speed (130mph) compared to a parked car. lol

just a though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z ... s#The_Paradoxes_of_Motion
#38 - Ori
Quote from Skydiver173 :For DekoJester,

just a though.

So glad u noticed and told this. I am shocked that the stewards seriously let a standing safety car on the track. But anyway ... my post in the protest section should be enough for now ...
Ultimately the sc will have to be slower that the competitors, otherwise they wouldn't catch it? Even if the sc was moving, someone is bound to hit someone else since everyone will be slowing down. I've been in that situation many times: I've let the queue catch up, and the leader has had more than enough time to slowly close the gap while I've been holding a steady pace and yet still someone assrapes the car in front. The sc can't magically appear in the right place-

For the record, yes, it's not ideal for the safety car to be stationary when the leader is crossing the s/f line.
If you have specific examples please give the timecodes here. The SC will only park in the middle of the track if it's safe to do so - ie, if the field is park enough away that they can slow down in time. And anyway, it doesn't take the SC long to get up to speed. Everyone knows the SC speed (86mph), and the SC is visible on the map as it only comes out at one place and will be laps down and so a different colour.
Quote from boothy :If you have specific examples please give the timecodes here. The SC will only park in the middle of the track if it's safe to do so - ie, if the field is park enough away that they can slow down in time. And anyway, it doesn't take the SC long to get up to speed. Everyone knows the SC speed (86mph), and the SC is visible on the map as it only comes out at one place and will be laps down and so a different colour.

Session 8: Lap 10 @ approx 20 minutes, 25 seconds... the yellow is waved.

Have the SC start rolling when the leaders reach the little bend in the front-straight. I also recommend that the SC be geared so that the driver can keep the pedal down all the way to maintain a consistant speed.

Just suggestions...
Oh, session 8, then I blame that entirely on Chris
Quote from Ori :So glad u noticed and told this. I am shocked that the stewards seriously let a standing safety car on the track. But anyway ... my post in the protest section should be enough for now ...

You have no reason to be shocked.

Despite what you may think, we SC drivers are not totally stupid. If the field is 3/4 of a lap behind, it is perfectly safe to stop on track.

The SC driver will always begin moving a reasonable amount of time before the field approaches. By the time the field get within around 10 - 15 ish car lengths of the SC, it will be at full SC speed.

If it isn't, then this is simply a misjudgement by the driver, underestimating how far away and how fast the field are travelling in order to reach the SC. Sometimes, because human error is inevitable, this may happen, and it cannot be helped. We try our best to make the action of the pack meeting the SC as smooth and as safe as possible.

Please stop being excessively outraged at everything that is, on the whole, perfectly safe procedure.

Quote from Skydiver173 :

I also recommend that the SC be geared so that the driver can keep the pedal down all the way to maintain a consistant speed.

It is supposed to be geared that way. It's just that most of the SC drivers except me and maybe one or two others can't be bothered to use the right set, which just pisses me off.

*cough* TIMO *cough*
#45 - CSF
Or the SC driver which is asked 2 hours before if he can SC a session. I give up my own time to help out you guys and I get criticism off someone who can't be arsed to show up himself. If there is some kind of setup, then please send it to me. I have never been sent this setup. I give up my own time, having no affiliation with NDR apart from a friendship with Deko, stay up till 4-5am and get moaned at. Well next time you can have no SC for all I care, and you can get no session.

I will no longer be helping NDR with their events. Joe, you can sit up till 5am.
Quote from CSF :Or the SC driver which is asked 2 hours before if he can SC a session. I give up my own time to help out you guys and I get criticism off someone who can't be arsed to show up himself. If there is some kind of setup, then please send it to me. I have never been sent this setup. I give up my own time, having no affiliation with NDR apart from a friendship with Deko, stay up till 4-5am and get moaned at. Well next time you can have no SC for all I care, and you can get no session.

I will no longer be helping NDR with their events. Joe, you can sit up till 5am.

nnooooo! don't leave! We're not criticizing you personally... just suggestions to make the events even better! It's for any SC driver... It wasn't anything you did, trust me.
Quote from CSF :

I was critisizing people like Timo, who when specifically sent a set, cannot even be bothered to use it.

If you were unaware of such a set, I take back my comments.

Quote from JO53PHS :

*cough* TIMO *cough*

#48 - Ori
Quote from CSF :Or the SC driver which is asked 2 hours before if he can SC a session. I give up my own time to help out you guys and I get criticism off someone who can't be arsed to show up himself. If there is some kind of setup, then please send it to me. I have never been sent this setup. I give up my own time, having no affiliation with NDR apart from a friendship with Deko, stay up till 4-5am and get moaned at. Well next time you can have no SC for all I care, and you can get no session.

Mate this a case of a misunderstanding. How do u get to the conclusion that we were shooting at u? Please don't leave. I have been thinking about all this NDR CART and 500 stuff since a while and the result shall be posted as son as possible.
Ignore Joe. That's what I do.

I don't especially care to argue about this since there are more important things to worry about too.
Was this the last session?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG