The online racing simulator
LFS and amBX technology
(20 posts, started )
LFS and amBX technology
amBX is a new technology that has peripherals like lights, fans and rumblers which connect to your PC...
It brings the game environment to you...

It can:

- Wind will blow on you as you drive fast with an open wheeler..
- Your seat will rumble as the revs are going up.

just more immersion and fun...

PS: Toca 3 already has this feature

thank you...
It just needs an InSim/OutSim coder to make an interface for that, no change or addition to LFS is required.
I can see this being used to great effect on the oval, kids' parents being rather not amused at the 220mph hurricane coming out of the bedroom and the astronomical energy bills.
#4 - Gunn
Real drivers will have to discard their helmet visors now so that the wind can blow into their faces.
Quote from Bob Smith :I can see this being used to great effect on the oval, kids' parents being rather not amused at the 220mph hurricane coming out of the bedroom and the astronomical energy bills.

Rofl, word
no bugs on the visor?
Quote from Barroso :no bugs on the visor?

For that you need to hire someone with a slingshot and a bucket of bugs.
Now that's job creation!
What we need...
Quote from anasmak11 :amBX is a new technology that has peripherals like lights, fans and rumblers which connect to your PC...
It brings the game environment to you...

It can:

- Wind will blow on you as you drive fast with an open wheeler..
- Your seat will rumble as the revs are going up.

just more immersion and fun...

PS: Toca 3 already has this feature

thank you...

Hopefully someone will give this a try

Need:
- Someone that knows how to make OutGauge stuff from lfs
- What inputs the amBX technology uses (a amBX sdk or something )
- Figure out what those lights could be for...
- Luck

Someone please help us with this!!!
-
(Jamesisinthehouse12) DELETED by Bob Smith : pointless
#10 - Woz
Quote from Blackout :For that you need to hire someone with a slingshot and a bucket of bugs.

+1 for this idea
amBX has to be the most useless gadget in racing games... When wind is blowing into your eyes, there is something wrong with your windshield or your helmet... Or you've been too dumb to close the lid...
Quote from bbman :amBX has to be the most useless gadget in racing games... When wind is blowing into your eyes, there is something wrong with your windshield or your helmet... Or you've been too dumb to close the lid...

haha lmao
Quote from bbman :amBX has to be the most useless gadget in racing games... When wind is blowing into your eyes, there is something wrong with your windshield or your helmet... Or you've been too dumb to close the lid...

Maybe you are right. It sounds like a nice touch for the open wheelers or the Rac , but if you still like after that thing is blowing in your face for an hour. I don't know. But it would be nice if someone could make this work with LFS.

But i did order one. I need new speakers and today it's on Ibood for 89.95 and I like the ambilight function (don't know if i like the rumbler and fans can come in handy in the summer )
The easiest sollution to this would be to have a fan on your room, with 3 levels of speed. (3 buttons from 1-3 that tells what speed the fan will go at). Now when racing use the option 1 for the slowest S1 cars, 2 for the faster S1 cars, slower S2 cars, and 3 for BF1 and the GTR's.
Now that would somewhat solve the wind issue
Quote from The Very End :The easiest sollution to this would be to have a fan on your room, with 3 levels of speed. (3 buttons from 1-3 that tells what speed the fan will go at). Now when racing use the option 1 for the slowest S1 cars, 2 for the faster S1 cars, slower S2 cars, and 3 for BF1 and the GTR's.
Now that would somewhat solve the wind issue

vs.
In Toca the light also function as the startinglight for a race. How do you make a do-it-yourself ambilight? Change lightbulbs rapidly before the race?
Hmm, well easiest sollution would be to to make a voice regonizer, and make it tell when the green light is on. The light in your room would regonize the message "GREEN LIGHT" and would flash sometimes. Supereasy I tell ya. The only bad thing would be that eplectic people would get an attack at the start of each race..but they are minority and this is supereasy so who cares? :hyper:
I've found something else. It's sound activated. Only problem is that you will be blind for the first 30 seconds during the start. It is also very good for the "driving out of a tunnel effect".

Oh lol! Now we are talking!

Who cares if you get blind, it looks awesome!
Yes, i could activate it with the "IEEEEEEEH" sound of the tires from the cars around me. I'm not sure if it will give a big advantage.

I was also thinking about the blower. If i put that behind my chair i always have the wind in the back and cars will drive a few mph faster. I hope it won't give OOS errors in the replays when people who view the replay don't have the blower.
"The blower"

LFS and amBX technology
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG