The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Where is there proof of damage? I don't see any in that E3 vid. Have Polyphony confirmed themselves that there'll be damage or something?

umm sure that looks normal...
Attached images
fsa.jpg
Question is, is that a render or a actuall in-game damaged car? Too many companies brag around with render movies, and it can be hard seeing the difference.
I think they confirmed damage along time ago, as for the video im guessing its a render but im sure the real game will look prety damn similar
well.. as i sayed anywhere before, the most games thet come out now arnt renderd simply because pc´s and consoles can handle these graphics now.
look for example nfs shift, dirt 2, fuel and so on
Gran Turismo PSP Gameplay
Quote from shashdev :Well, as one of the earlier posts stated, the graphics are better than that screenshot. And it's a big difference. Proof you ask? Well, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5rBftQ1b0

Yeah, it looks soo good for a PSP, almost as good as PS2 GT3 , maybe the same or even better!!
ey, i just cheked the forza 3 vid. and i see. i see TIRE DEFORMATION! imo if forza and gt5 and so on would realy try to make physics as close to reality as possible, lfs would already be overtaken....
Wow, the MRT's are in there? You can't get much deeper than that :P

What was annoying in the previous GTs was that a lot of cars were only present in recent versions, BMW 3 series, for instance. They seem to include pretty much all the versions in there.

I can't wait to 'race' a Crown Vic, seriously.

Or maybe in a rusty-when-brand-new piece of x known as the Corsica? Or in an underpowered, heavy as a boat VW Eurovan? God, this will be fast.
Whoohoo! Renault 4, Renault 11 and Renault 19 are part of the game! yeah!

(lol, first post for like, a month)
Are people still missing the fact that list is just a "dream list" that people made up? You will probably find the official finished list wont have no where near that ammount of cars. 16 different frikking models of the same car is just ott.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Are people still missing the fact that list is just a "dream list" that people made up? You will probably find the official finished list wont have no where near that ammount of cars. 16 different frikking models of the same car is just ott.

To be fair, any car list would probably be pretty irrelevant because they said they will continue to release more cars as downloadable content, so like as has already been said, the car list could potentially be mahoosive!

I am sure the amount of cars will be huge with the WRC license and the Nascar license a long with the hundreds of other race and production cars that are usually included anyway!
Warner Bros. Firebird Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit ‘79

well that sells it or me
hopefully it will be better than the prologue
(which by the way has been gathering dust since the day i bought it)
Mini Cooper 1.3i ‘63
Mini Cooper 1275S Rally Car ‘67
Mini Cooper “Chop Top” #3 Race Car ‘75
Mini Cooper “Red” #72 Race Car ‘75
Mini Cooper Quick 3.0i
Mini Cooper ‘98
Mini Cooper S ‘99

Reliant Robin [Mk.1] {750cc} Hatchback ‘74
Reliant Robin [Mk.1] {850CC} Hatchback ‘81
Reliant Robin [Mk.1] {850cc} Estate ‘78

Hillman Rallye Imp ‘

Triumph TR7 Drophead ‘79
Triumph TR7 V8 Manx International Rally Car ‘78
Triumph Dolomite Sprint ‘75

Toyota Yaris TSport ‘07

For the love of god Sony, include these from the list at least :hyper: Some of the quirkier cars there, would be great fun blasting around in though
Quote from anbiddulph :no, it has been announced that there is about 100 cars coming with the game

100 you meant 1000 or? Because even in the Prologue that was released 2007 have already over 70 cars. They wouldn´t need that much time for just ~30 cars more.

Well it is really difficult to say how much cars they will publish with the game (sure later they always can add more) it could be everything from 600 to 900 cars. It´s GT they spam you with the cars. GT4 had over 700 cars (of course some double and tripple like the Skyline in GT5Prologue:

1. Blitz ER34
2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
3. Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
There you go 3 Cars, but I am fine with that.

You can check all cars that are in Prologue on the Online Garage that you can find here:

http://www.granturismoworld.co ... prologue/garage/index.htm

For some cars there is also a small text you get information on the car.

----------------------------------

For the PSP Video, I am also really surprised how good the gfx are.
Confirmed Car List,

The cars in this thread will be marked according to how they are known to us at the moment. The system will be as follows:
Cars in black have been seen in screenshots or have been confirmed by Polyphony through lists
Cars in red have been seen being photographed and tested by Polyphony for the purposes of modeling and may or may not be in GT5
Cars in green have been mentioned by magazines or in interviews as being in the game, yet have not been seen. Also may not be in GT5
Cars featured in the "Vision Gran Turismo" video which were new paintjobs.

again from GTPlanet
Anyone have some sort of number of what amount of cars we might see in GT5? Sure, there are several lists and colors, but not a number.
That looks very empty, I'd swear there were more cars in GT2. Hopefully the full list will be a bit bigger
There'll be more, that's just the ones that have been officially confirmed so far. Still like 8 months til release for them to tell us
Quote from ACCAkut :Confirmed Car List,

The cars in this thread will be marked according to how they are known to us at the moment. The system will be as follows:
Cars in black have been seen in screenshots or have been confirmed by Polyphony through lists
Cars in red have been seen being photographed and tested by Polyphony for the purposes of modeling and may or may not be in GT5
Cars in green have been mentioned by magazines or in interviews as being in the game, yet have not been seen. Also may not be in GT5

again from GTPlanet

Those are just cars that people in the community have collaborated to make a list of.
Quote from DTrott :Those are just cars that people in the community have collaborated to make a list of.

Didn't you actually read the text?

Quote :Cars in black have been seen in screenshots or have been confirmed by Polyphony through lists

Quote from amp88 :Didn't you actually read the text?

havent you notice ppl dont read anything in this read?:P ppl still think that dream list is really what cars are going to be in game
Quote from amp88 :Didn't you actually read the text?

I'm a member of those forums and take a peek every few days.

What I mean is that it's not a list that has been officially released. It's a list collaborated by the GTP forum members to produce a list of cars that are more or less confirmed as they have been seen, mentioned etc.

It's not an official or anywhere complete list. There is expected to be at least 600 cars.
the only thing that worries me is not the number of cars, but the amount of useful ones.

Screw mines skylines and mugen civics...

me wanst to make my own race car, somewhat simulated with crappy ai ( basically what lfs shoulda woulda coulda... but isn't. )
Quote from theirishnoob :the only thing that worries me is not the number of cars, but the amount of useful ones.

Screw mines skylines and mugen civics...

me wanst to make my own race car, somewhat simulated with crappy ai ( basically what lfs shoulda woulda coulda... but isn't. )

Half the fun of GT4 was the useless cars.

The tiny, old cars. Some of the cars in the game are just funny; stuff like the Daihatsu midget pickup. It was just awesome fun.
Quote from DTrott :Half the fun of GT4 was the useless cars.

The tiny, old cars. Some of the cars in the game are just funny; stuff like the Daihatsu midget pickup. It was just awesome fun.

yeah some days ago I bought the lancia Delta HF in GT5 Prologue and just took it for a ride. Ofcourse it´s no match for the Ferraris but it is still fun to drive it.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG