The online racing simulator
Getting the best possible FPS?
(72 posts, started )
Do you have access to another pc while you do the install? Just incase there are missing drivers... (I doubt it tho...) Better having a copy of the drivers on a disk just incase...

You will need to boot from the Win7 Disk to format and do a proper fresh install...

EDIT:
Mind and get the 64bit version too or you will only be able to use 3GB ram
Quote from Foilpact :Do you have access to another pc while you do the install? Just incase there are missing drivers... (I doubt it tho...) Better having a copy of the drivers on a disk just incase...

You will need to boot from the Win7 Disk to format and do a proper fresh install...

EDIT:
Mind and get the 64bit version too or you will only be able to use 3GB ram

Downloading the 64bit version of W7 RC currently. And yes I have access to a second PC. Also got Vista HP on that, but i´m not sure if it´s the 64bit version of it.
Ich schreibs nun auf Deutsch weils einfacher ist.

Zunächst, du brauchst beim besten Willen kein Windows 7 Release Candidate dafür. Wenn du dich damit ohnehin nicht auskennst, lass es direkt sein, da machste mehr kaputt wie gut.

Nun lädste dir im Web erstmal den neuesten Nvidia-Treiber runter.
Danach suchst du bei Google nach Driver Cleaner, ebenfalls runterladen.

Anschließend gehste in deine Systemsteuerung -> Software / Programme und suchst darin erst nach allem was irgendwie mit ATI zutun hat und deinstallierst es.

Danach machste nen Neustart.
Anschließend gehste wieder in die Systemsteuerung -> Software / Programme und machst das selbe mit Nvidia . Also alles was damit zutun hat, deinstallieren.

Dann machste wieder einen Neustart. Nicht erschrecken wenn das Bild fürchterlich ist. Nun startest du den Driver Cleaner und folgst den Anweisungen auf dem Bildschirm. Der Entfernt alle Reste die irgendwie überlebt haben (was bei ATI gerne vorkommt).

Danach wieder neustarten und dann den neuesten Nvidia Treiber installieren. Und dann schauste nochmal ob LFS nun richtig funktioniert.
Did you get a key for Win7 from M$? I cant remember if u need one for the RC..

As long as u can still get on the internet with another pc you can look for help if you get stuck...

Watch a few vids on Youtube for tutorials on installing Win7....

Do you still have all your internet details for getting back online? Or do u use a router?
Have you removed the ATI drivers in Control Panel before you do anything else?..... Just to see if this is all necessary...

DISCLAIMER!!! lol, I take no responsibility if it goes up in flames if you do decide to goto Win7.. Tho i doubt it will do that....
Quote from Mojo1987 :...

Did everything you wrote. And it seems to be a bit better, but not much. Thanks anyway.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Did everything you wrote. And it seems to be a bit better, but not much. Thanks anyway.

Ok, dann noch was, wenn LFS gestartet ist, geh mal in den Taskmanager, suche nach der LFS.exe, Rechtsklick -> Zugehörigkeit festlegen.

Dann versuchste mal durch ob es was bringt, wenn der Haken nur bei einer CPU gesetzt ist, bei 2 oder bei 4, also ob du da einen Unterschied merkst.

Edit:
Noch was, geh mal in die Systemsteuerung, Energieoptionen und stell das Profil auf Dauerbetrieb.
#58 - Jakg
Quote from Foilpact :Did you get a key for Win7 from M$? I cant remember if u need one for the RC..

Yes you do. If you can't get one then PM me, i've got 804 legit keys for Microsoft software now :P

I'd partition my HDD and leave about 10 GB "free" on the Vista partition and install 7 on the rest.
Quote from Jakg :Yes you do. If you can't get one then PM me, i've got 804 legit keys for Microsoft software now :P

I'd partition my HDD and leave about 10 GB "free" on the Vista partition and install 7 on the rest.

Lol, are you on pspiso or shareiso.com?
#60 - Jakg
No...?

Microsoft had a bit of a screwup yesterday - link.
Lol, kk. Just i seen a new post of M$ keys on a site somewhere earlier...
I´m delighted to say that the problem is solved! Thanks goes to everyone who tried to help me, and to Microsoft for providing us with Windows 7.
Lol, you went for it then. No problems with th install?
Quote from Foilpact :Lol, you went for it then. No problems with th install?

Didn´t have any problems. Installing Windows is a billion times easier than I thought.

What sort of antivirus software does Windows have? Norton?
EDIT:

Comodo Internet Security should work in Windows 7. Its got a Firewall and antivirus and doesnt use much resources... Free too with many updates each day...

Also, Spybot-Search&Destroy, Use it to block lots of crap from coming through internet explorer..

You wont need anything else for protection really after that..

Theres a few services you can turn off in Windows 7 too to make it faster.. Also turning off those UAC prompts can make things less stressfull....
#66 - Jakg
Quote from Foilpact :
Norton is a load of crap that makes ur computer run slow...

Not the new one suprisingly.

Windows comes with no AV as standard - you get the rubbish Windows Firewall and the anti-spyware Windows Defender.
Quote from Jakg :Not the new one suprisingly.

Windows comes with no AV as standard - you get the rubbish Windows Firewall and the anti-spyware Windows Defender.

The new Norton is better than before but still miles behind other products... Also, do you not have to buy a yearly subscription for Norton?

Comodo is free and much less resource hungry...
#68 - Jakg
Yes you do - but imo Comodo (in fact i really dislike it but meh) is not as good as paid for protection.

Not blindly saying Norton is immense but I installed it on PC#2 and was pleasantly surprised.
Meh, They all do the same thing roughly....

Personally ive been thru Blackice, Norton, Zonealarm/AVG and now Comodo...

I like Comodo atm just for the tiny 12MB memory usage for antivirus/firewall and the many virus updates daily.. Its also loaded just as the Task bars on the screen, The others seem to take a good few seconds before they are loaded and ready to use...
#70 - Jakg
Norton uses 12 MB of RAM (well closer to 20 when you include the service but meh).

You can easily make the app load with the taskbar by changing the run location - each one starts in order, and if you move it higher up it starts first, but it means that explorer will be useable later...

EDIT - For comparison, Avast on PC#1 uses 75MB, and OneCare uses up to 100MB... I made a comparison of each internet security suite for work here.
Meh, Each to their own.. Still, there are loads of free software out there to choose from that would offer the same protection, if not better as Nortons yearly £40 subscription...

As i said, they all do the same thing roughly so why bother with a subscription?... Ive never had a problem in 10 years using free software. (Well the odd problem but nothings 100%)

Getting the best possible FPS?
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG