The online racing simulator
ArmA 2 released in Germany!
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Byku
So... who has it already? What are Your opinions? Bugs? Physics? Campaign? Post Your opinions .
What?
#4 - Byku
It was released in Germany and Austria, there are already gameplay videos on YouTube... but yeah, Germany and Austria will be test-ground for ArmA. Oh... and it is already possible to download it via...........
I thought games with any smell of weapon is banned in Germany.
Anyway, it looks nice, but sad I can't test it because of shitty rig.
yeah. Weird. Every bloody shooting game is cencored in DE and now they do the beta there?
ofp to arma2
operation flashpoint was a revolution in combat simulation. Arma 1 was a bug filled game with so many problems that they gave up in the end. Only the A.C.E mod and other addons which tweaked the game to what it should have been when it was first released. As for the Ai driving abilitys..... well let's say I have seen blind monkeys drive better. As for Arma 2 it looks like they pinched some ideas off the A.C.E mod... tweaked the graphics and hoped for the best.

That said.... it still is an addictive game/sim due to the scripting mods and addons that third parties have produced.... without these dedicated guys it would of died of a painful death.

The End
btw
I still play Arma1 quite a bit, but usually through the editor. I may of sounded harsh about the game. They really have a great product, but poorly executed. Which is a shame really as it has put me off buying arma2 until i check all the reviews in the coming months. I also notice that there is a patch out already to correct a load of bugs!!
True, the concept was great! But the gameplay really is bad imo. Slow movements and all...
yep, if they can just iron out all the bugs ( and i bet there's a lot in arma2) then we might have a decent game... and don't forget that codemasters are releasing there version aswell- operation flashpoint 2
#11 - Byku
And that's propably why they've only released it in Germany and Austria, to ... beta-test it . ArmA 1 was full of bugs, but they've consistently released patches till most(if not all) bugs were fixed. I will propably buy it when it will be in Poland(in around 1-2 months), now i will... "beta-test" it also...
Quote from Rolly-uk :yep, if they can just iron out all the bugs ( and i bet there's a lot in arma2) then we might have a decent game... and don't forget that codemasters are releasing there version aswell- operation flashpoint 2

But isn't that just a shooter with Flashpoint name on it? I mean, Bohemia Interactive made the original which means Arma is Flashpoint.

I'm looking forward to Arma II, but as anyone, I'm pessimistic it actually being playable.
if ur beta testing arma2 then please tell me that they have improved the ai path finding when they are driving.
But isn't that just a shooter with Flashpoint name on it?
well i dunno really...... i was hoping for ofp2 to be similar to arma 2 but easier on my gfx card/ram and bugs
#15 - Byku
Of course of course... but first... i will have to... umm... get it...

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG