The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want to join this competition? (easier for to have a poll)

Closed since :
S2 user(s) : Yes
Maybe (please give a comment in the thread if you then join)
Demo user(s) : Yes
why dont you get a 30 day trial of photoshop...

much easier
Quote from Grigg94 :why dont you get a 30 day trial of photoshop...

much easier

His trial is already expired.
Wow, even if I had signed up in time, I would have been completely screwed. All these skins are AMAZING! I really do envy you guys; I always think of myself as pretty creative, but I'm not even in the same championship as you guys, let alone the same league.
Quote from TamiyaGuy :Wow, even if I had signed up in time, I would have been completely screwed. All these skins are AMAZING! I really do envy you guys; I always think of myself as pretty creative, but I'm not even in the same championship as you guys, let alone the same league.

you got that right! i have about 4 panels done, and they are small. i even did it for the wrong car, so i cant use it!! haha i nee XRG i did XRT

how do you make metallic looking paint. do you have to do anything fancy, or just put a coat of paint on, and put some partially transparent paint on.
lol ok
i just finished my skin, and i want to post it. I feel like a TOTAL noob for having to ask this. but how do you change the format from the gimp one, to the needed one, then how do you show how it would look on a car?? i know how to attach it to a post. i want to see it!!

i think i got it! now how do i view it on the car =P
Hi The Very End,

Is it too late to have a go at these? I've got one unfinished skin for XRR that i started on Friday, not for the comp tho. If i can join in i'll use that to show you

Thank-youu
Quote from logitekg25 :i just finished my skin, and i want to post it. I feel like a TOTAL noob for having to ask this. but how do you change the format from the gimp one, to the needed one, then how do you show how it would look on a car?? i know how to attach it to a post. i want to see it!!

its Logitech no Logitek
Quote from logitekg25 :i just finished my skin, and i want to post it. I feel like a TOTAL noob for having to ask this. but how do you change the format from the gimp one, to the needed one, then how do you show how it would look on a car?? i know how to attach it to a post. i want to see it!!

Nice However, could you please upload a picture from skinveiwer? Basically what you do is to download the veiwer from LFS page, then you open the program and within the program you can find the skin.

Quote from tinky winky :Hi The Very End,

Is it too late to have a go at these? I've got one unfinished skin for XRR that i started on Friday, not for the comp tho. If i can join in i'll use that to show you

Thank-youu

If you can finish the skins bwithing 14 june, or was it 12 ? , either way sure, just make sure you are finished with the skins at that time

To change the file format in gimp just click save as and put .jpg on the end of the file name

As the XRG and XRT are virtually the same, it should transfer ok if you just rename the file to XRG_Newskin.jpg

skin file name must have the underscore between the car name and the file name, also it must be .jpg format

hope this helps
Oh man, my first post reply here in this nice forum.

Well, I was doing my morning run here in my city when I heard some awesome car sounds... people said "The Very End is showing off his new car", so I took my camera and recorded it the best I could, and this is the result.

By the way, I'm just kidding, the video is just to give moving impressions of the skin, and I'll send a detailed screenshot set of my model to TVE soon. And guys, all sceenes and ss were, and are being taken, by my friend Velociround, thx Velo.

Hope you guys like it, and if you want it, I'll post the SSs here too.
Quote from PedraumF :

Well, I was doing my morning run here in my city when I heard some awesome car sounds... people said "The Very End is showing off his new car", so I took my camera and recorded it the best I could, and this is the result.

you sure it wasnt this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... aT26E&feature=related
oh and tve, are you a fan of bodykits? im making one for xrt right now, and tought i could add it on the skin when i make it?
Quote from BOSCHO :its Logitech no Logitek

i know, i just had to change it somehow or it would be illeagal, right?

Quote from The Very End :Nice However, could you please upload a picture from skinveiwer? Basically what you do is to download the veiwer from LFS page, then you open the program and within the program you can find the skin.

how do you upload the skin to the viewer, i need to put it in some folder dont i?

Quote from GAVD999 :To change the file format in gimp just click save as and put .jpg on the end of the file name

As the XRG and XRT are virtually the same, it should transfer ok if you just rename the file to XRG_Newskin.jpg

skin file name must have the underscore between the car name and the file name, also it must be .jpg format

hope this helps

so jpeg wont work, jpg i tried and a bunch of error readings show up and it refuses to save. i think it is because i put some transparency on it
Some really good skins in here.
no matter what i do, the viewer wont let me see it. i put the skin named XRG_logi1 into the data>skins folder, and i went into the viewer (doesnt help that i cant see the mouse in it) and went into select skin, and its not there!
Quote from logitekg25 :no matter what i do, the viewer wont let me see it. i put the skin named XRG_logi1 into the data>skins folder, and i went into the viewer (doesnt help that i cant see the mouse in it) and went into select skin, and its not there!

You have to put it in your "CMW viewer\data\skins" folder, not your lfs skins folder.
Quote from G!NhO :You have to put it in your "CMW viewer\data\skins" folder, not your lfs skins folder.

i did, does the name of the file have to have jpg at the end?? its ok to click and drag right?? i tried to put the skin in my lfs also, and it said that something could not be read, and i had to delete lfs, and now my cd with lfs burned onto it wont work, should i just start a thread in technical assistance?

can someone just use their viewer, and pm it to me, or post it, i REALLY want to see my first skin! (one whole side is checkered flag because i was too lazy to mirror the other side, and too lazy to think up another side)
maybe you picked the wrong car, what is the skin name? It has to be in this format XRG_name
Quote from G!NhO :maybe you picked the wrong car, what is the skin name? It has to be in this format XRG_name

i was in the XR GT car, (i am demo, there is no way that i was mistaken :razz and i named it XRG_logi1 it was saved as jpg. i read in another thread just now, about something about low resolution enable, or something has to be on to transferit it dds.
Quote from PedraumF :Oh man, my first post reply here in this nice forum.

By the way, I'm just kidding, the video is just to give moving impressions of the skin, and I'll send a detailed screenshot set of my model to TVE soon. And guys, all sceenes and ss were, and are being taken, by my friend Velociround, thx Velo.

As states in the PM I really like what I have seen so far, and looking forward to see how it suits the other cars.

Quote from batteryy :you sure it wasnt this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... aT26E&feature=related
oh and tve, are you a fan of bodykits? im making one for xrt right now, and tought i could add it on the skin when i make it?

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol!

I am not sure, but try it, anything new is cool to me So go for the bodykit thingy.

Quote from IKke5165 :12

June the 12 then
Quote from PedraumF :Oh man, my first post reply here in this nice forum.

i love the video..."the end...the very end" classic

and on a different note, i re-installed lfs on my computer, and the skin made it on! might post it eventually, you saw it in a previous post, and the very end if you want it just pm me, i can swap your name into it
Just as a friendly reminder there is one week left and I have yet to see a finsihed skin pack There are a lot of good work here, but I need some more material to be able to judge, also I hope to get at least 5 competetors from S2 users and 5 from demo users.
Think it's too messy?
Attached images
cmx_00000003.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG