The online racing simulator
Known car bugs list
(74 posts, started )
Known car bugs list
I created this thread to prevent reporting repeatedly reported bugs.

Here you can find the most frequent known car bugs. I'm sure there are not all the known bugs in the list so everyone can suggest new known bug that isn't here and I will try to update the list as soon as possible.

Thanks to Bob Smith for allowing me to create the thread.

KNOWN CAR BUGS

(grey texts are already fixed)

- [fixed in 0.5Z16] textures with transparency can't be rendered behind another (e.g. smoke through the black windshield border)
- car shadows are rendered also on objects over the car (bridge, roof etc.) - screenshot
- [fixed in 0.6H2] no sky texture visible in mirrors
- [fixed in 0.5Z19] unnecessary light indicator in MRT
- [fixed in 0.5Z19] LX4 numberplate goes through the spare tyre
- [partially fixed in Z15] some little gaps are visible between tyres and rims
- driver hands are visible through the leather door in LX cars
- small hole between the bumper and floor on FZ50 (screenshot)
- mirrors and clocks are not visible in SHIFT + U mode
- [fixed in 0.6N] car horn does not use doppler effect
Quote from John5200 :all tyres are messed up.

???

No there not. Look at the edge of the tyre, its not on the wheel. It does'nt do that in ALL the tyres.
do i´ve to make more pics?

fxo is the worst but all have that problem
Attached images
lfs_00000060.jpg
lfs_00000059.jpg
lfs_00000058.jpg
lfs_00000057.jpg
lfs_00000056.jpg
lfs_00000055.jpg
lfs_00000054.jpg
lfs_00000053.jpg
lfs_00000052.jpg
lfs_00000051.jpg
lfs_00000049.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
The UF1 is a genuine bug. Sorry i did not notice that before.

As for the whitelines around the rim of the wheel, thats your PC. Look like a Anti-Aliasing setting. Notice how my PC does not get this affect.

Pics to come once they have uploaded.
I dont think that it's so important. The gaps are not very big.

It's a "cosmetic" bug... you probably never notice it while racing.
Quote from Flame CZE :I dont think that it's so important. The gaps are not very big.

It's a "cosmetic" bug... you probably never notice it while racing.

What about when people take screenshots and this ruins the pic?
What about when people take video and this ruins the vid?

Its still a bug, so its still one which needs to be addressed imo.
OK, I will write it as a global bug.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
As for the whitelines around the rim of the wheel, thats your PC. Look like a Anti-Aliasing setting. Notice how my PC does not get this affect.

yes, and this happens to everyone i know with full af and aa ....

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What about when people take screenshots and this ruins the pic?
What about when people take video and this ruins the vid?

Its still a bug, so its still one which needs to be addressed imo.

"It [LFS] MUST be optimised as a racing simulator, not a screen shot generator." Scawen

anywhen he also sayed lfs is not a screen shot generator :/
Which is exactly why im saying the white outline is not a bug. It must be a setting, unless it affects certain cards. Im using the same AA/AF as you, and i dont get that effect, so it might affect certain cards.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Which is exactly why im saying the white outline is not a bug. It must be a setting, unless it affects certain cards. Im using the same AA/AF as you, and i dont get that effect, so it might affect certain cards.

i mean i ve the 3d thing to full quality and your pics look a way unsharp
3d thing? Whats that?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :3d thing? Whats that?

it askes you how 3d objects should be loaded. fast = a bit row or quality = smooth
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
If your talking about settings in my drivers, then there all set to give the best quality possible. But i honestly dont have a clue what you are talking about.

EDIT: Thats called Anti-Aliasing. Setting it up via that is a bad idea if you want smooth graphics. You need to goto advanced, and set it up there. Then you can set specific AA and AF settings. As i said, im using 16x + SuperSampling for both, and the graphics quality is fantastic.
He means that the objects are rendered at low polygons.

Well, that's LFS. It would be appreciated (Probably) if someone made a hig-res .vob for all cars.
May I suggest a bug that you actually can put a reverse gear when you go forwards? It isn't possible in real car at all, especially at higher speeds.
LX4 numberplate bug is fixed in the newest CMX viewer.
I would think that this means it would also be fixed in our next physics incompatible patch.
Quote from Bean0 :LX4 numberplate bug is fixed in the newest CMX viewer.
I would think that this means it would also be fixed in our next physics incompatible patch.

Well according to the dates of announcing both things (CMX Viewer 6A and Patch Z6 where the bug was firstly known), the viewer was released 7 days before it was announced as known issue.
Quote from Flame CZE :May I suggest a bug that you actually can put a reverse gear when you go forwards? It isn't possible in real car at all, especially at higher speeds.

you can put reverse gear at any speed. The only thing that affects is the way that thecar manage it.

Automatic gearboxes don't allow you to engage it. And manual ones could block that gear if you are moving, but many cars let you to put reverse gear at any speed.

So my G25 shifter always allow me to select reverse, but, if I'm driving in sequntial (don't know about paddles) maybe it could be consider as a bug
Quote from Whiskey :you can put reverse gear at any speed. The only thing that affects is the way that thecar manage it.

Automatic gearboxes don't allow you to engage it. And manual ones could block that gear if you are moving, but many cars let you to put reverse gear at any speed.

So my G25 shifter always allow me to select reverse, but, if I'm driving in sequntial (don't know about paddles) maybe it could be consider as a bug

I see. But on Discovery channel they tried to put a reverse gear at speed with a Honda CRX and they didnt manage to put it there - the gears were grinding and creaking.

Known car bugs list
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG