The online racing simulator
The Epic Police Pram
(51 posts, started )
The Epic Police Pram
Many of you have been eagerly anticipating the creation of this. One of you has indeed called the idea truly '1337'. Although most of you probably don't give a toss (If so please go away ).

We're making it for a charity pram race. Whilst there is a prize for best pram, there is no prize for best paint job.

But here it is anyway

Joseph's Epic Police Pram (Work in progress)

So I started by sanding down the areas for painting, which was followed by masking it all up for painting, and then spraying with white primer.

Then, the Flourescent yellow paint went on

And finally, the lacquer

And once all the masking tape was removed, I uncovered this:

I'm a bit annoyed, because in a way it looks too good to have been done by my dad and myself

2 Cans of White Primer: £10
2 Cans of Flourescent Yellow Paint: £10

A Flourescent yellow police pram: Priceless

If you're wondering where the hell the seat is, I un-clipped it so that it didn't get covered in paint. I'm gonna attach some thin bits of plywood to the side to allow me to do a police livery. I have already bought a siren which I shall fit soon, and I may also get some blue flashing lights. My dad wants to run a rotating beacon light off a 12v battery, although that would probably be too heavy, and generally epic fail

More work is expected on the police pram in the next 2 weeks

I know, my beloved pram really isn't that special
Attached images
DSC05248.JPG
DSC05249.JPG
DSC05250.JPG
DSC05251.JPG
DSC05254.JPG
Very nice.. just one question..

WHY??
For a charity pram race Trust me, it will be epic

Or if you're wondering why I spent so long on it, my dad won't let anybody do a bodge job when he's around . And besides, everybody else is spending ages on theirs. As far as I know somebody is making a combined harvester pram
Good work
Quote from JO53PHS : As far as I know somebody is making a combined harvester pram

team wurzel ?
ok Joe is on painthinners again
Right, we've got my dad's orange beacon light (halogen FTW) running off his battery jump-start pack (which is lighter than a standard car battery :tilt

All I need now is a blue dome, 13.5cm in diameter.. Anyone know where I might be able to find one?
Quote from JO53PHS :Right, we've got my dad's orange beacon light (halogen FTW) running off his battery jump-start pack (which is lighter than a standard car battery :tilt

All I need now is a blue dome, 13.5cm in diameter.. Anyone know where I might be able to find one?

rozzer car :P , and post the pics of u taking it and then post the pics of u bein shoved in the back of it
Joe, You've got way too much time on your hands.
I'm actually surprised he has time to work on it, since I'm sure every time he started to, it'd be dinnertime.

d
Quote from JO53PHS :Right, we've got my dad's orange beacon light (halogen FTW) running off his battery jump-start pack (which is lighter than a standard car battery :tilt

Disco/DJ equipment suppliers should have something, you could also use a 2 or 3ltr fizzy pop bottle cut down and "blue lighting gel" or blue sharpie pen on the inside or maybe try Maplin or e-bay

SD.
If somebody can find me a transparent plant pot (or similar object) of 13.5cm diameter by 15cm deep on t'internets, I will make them a skin

I can't find one anywhere
Too small

Could you not make your own via a 2L pop bottle or something?
I remember NEXT used to do a toy bluelight for a boys bedroom, blue swirly beacon for a boys room. Needed to be plugged into the mains but can't be that hard to convert.
That plant pot looks the best bet
Yeah, but it'll be some crappy bulb that you won't even see in the daylight. I'm eager to make a blue lens for the one I have because it's a Halogen bulb which is properly bright
Quote from JO53PHS :Yeah, but it'll be some crappy bulb that you won't even see in the daylight. I'm eager to make a blue lens for the one I have because it's a Halogen bulb which is properly bright

It was alright I seem to recall.
Epic win !

My local Homebase (~10 mins walk) stocks the above mentioned clear plant pots. So now I can test drive my flashing plantpot prior to purchase

The Epic Police Pram
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG