The online racing simulator
Sports Prototype?
(40 posts, started )
3 wheelers!
Quote from Rappa Z :why not one of these
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... 315px-Tyrell_6_wheels.jpg

Quote from sil3ntwar :because we have enough single seater open wheelers?

But 70's formulas are completely different cars than modern F1s.

And pic is Tyrrell P34 1977, must be the weirdest F1 ever.
Quote from RMachucaA :Yesterday i got in the mail my Exoto Sauber C9 protoype 1:18, gorgeous, i'd give my left testicle to see it in the game.

So is that the new method of payment for vehicle licensing?

So who wants to chip in then? So far we have one left testie.
if we're going endurance then personally i'd love group c or possibly even better how about in mid to late 70's when you had the works renault group6's competing with the works porsche 936's and various smaller teams plus the group 5 works 935 and the bmw 320 turbo's and if you allow a bit of artistic time shifting you could make the group 5 bmw m1 happen

hold on theres an idea

how about the procar bmw m1 racers that the grandprix drivers (amongst others) used to drive in the support features for F1

link here

http://www.bmwworld.com/racing/f1/procar.htm

now that could be a good 1 make racing class to have
I think modern day LMP cars give the Dev's the most scope to create 'their' car in LFS.

1 LMP900 car similar to a PanozLMP07
1 LMGTP car similar to a Bentley Speed8

that would give you a front engine vs mid engine differance, also an open Vs closed differance with similar on-track performance.

should make everyone happy?

BTW, its a big +1 from me for any kind of LeMans car(s)
Ah, the Speed 8... last of the great Le Mans cars. Why? Because real cars have roofs.
Got agree about a LMP car. We got all kinds of racing possibilities in LFS now, but we're missing those LMP900 and LMP675 cars. Imagine a field with mixed class racing running LMP's, big GTR's and small GTR's
But we should probably ask Scawen very nicely if he could increase the number of possible cars on track at once before such a race
Quote from Daveebee :First of all, I love new F1 car, it drives superbly well. I don't know if the developers have a Le Mans type sports Prototype (Audi for example)in the planning stage. A car of that type would be great if you wanted to go in for endurance type event. What do you all think?

Don't panic, I found it. Absolutely agree. Etc, etc.
Quote from WorldFamous :Ah, the Speed 8... last of the great Le Mans cars. Why? Because real cars have roofs.

How true you are. Would be amazing to drive the bentley speed 8 on lfs *dreams*
Well, I wouldn't mind one of these...

Now I know, Dell != Intel, but since one is that high up in the other's a..., it's darn close. Shouldn't be that hard.

I'll take two, to go.
Quote from Matrixi :I would die from happyness if rotary engines were added.. catch my drift yet? *cough* 787B *cough*

Any rotary engine would require a license deal, even if it wasn't in a real car. The Wankel engine design is covered by patent/copyright.
Quote from qwejibo :Any rotary engine would require a license deal, even if it wasn't in a real car. The Wankel engine design is covered by patent/copyright.

I guess that's the case only if you call it "wankel"?
The wankel patent must have run out years ago, patents are only valid for a couple of years. The engine system is now how old? 40 years? I don't think there is a trademark on Wankel, but I might be wrong there and copyright...hardly.
ya your right the patent would have to have run out by now, becus we have boxster's in the game so... wouldnt they allready be geting sued LOL so i dont see why we cant have a rotary lol

Sports Prototype?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG