The online racing simulator
Catholic Church Covered Up Decades Of Abuse
(16 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
In a story that will come as no surprise to many people, a new report has found that the Catholic church has covered up thousands of cases of child abuse (including, but not limited to, sexual abuse) over the past decades:

Quote from The Glasgow Herald :The Catholic Church and Irish government covered up decades of brutal sexual abuse and beatings by priests and nuns on thousands of children in care, one of the most damning reports on clerical abuse revealed yesterday.

A nine-year investigation found a catalogue of disturbing and chronic sexual, physical and emotional torture inflicted on disadvantaged, neglected and abandoned youngsters by both religious and lay staff.

Full story here.

I think it's fair to say most people have heard of rumours of child abuse by Catholic priests and nuns, but I never thought it was on this scale myself. Is this a by-product of the Catholic faith? Either way, the Catholic church finds itself in a pretty indefensible position and I hope those who have been abused are recompensed (even if it means the Catholic church has to sell one of their priceless paintings or art exhibits to do so!) and the people responsible brought to justice to the full extent of the law. I somehow doubt that will happen though.
holy crap IMO all those rapers should get killed. the the church but only the ones who rape
Everyone knows this over here, but most people just accept it It's pretty much too late for people to change over here. As you probably know, Ireland is a very religious country. People over 40 in Ireland have Catholicism engrained in their head and are way too stubborn to change.

One of the people who is at the forefront of this scandal was the bishop that confirmed me
Decades? I'm not so up-to-date with Christianity, but a quick check of my calendar would say this has been happening for millenia, not merely decades.
duh
Don't want to spoil anything, but child abuse isn't a phenomenon limited to the catholic church, but can be found in many places, especially if there's strict a hierarchy involved.

Not that it makes it less condemnable. Sadly it's just far more widespread.
It really took a report for everyone to know about this? Where do people think all the jokes come from?

I just find it comical that religious folks try and claim moral superiority yet will brush this sort of shit under the carpet. Usually by moving the offending chap to another church in another town where he can do it all over again.
#8 - amp88
Quote from Bob Smith :Decades? I'm not so up-to-date with Christianity, but a quick check of my calendar would say this has been happening for millenia, not merely decades.

The point is that this report has got high ranking members acknowledging what has been going on. It's not just hearsay and rumour that is being discussed behind closed doors. Hopefully it'll be a catalyst that can get something done about the problem.
Quote from amp88 :Hopefully it'll be a catalyst that can get something done about the problem.

Hopefully, though I can't see Christianity disappearing ovenight, sadly.
Quote from amp88 :Hopefully it'll be a catalyst that can get something done about the problem.

In fact they've always been doing something, moving the guilty ones to different places and explain the kids it was their fault
I really feel for these kids that were and are still being abused, the perpetrators are beyond contempt,
Hypocrisy still rules these 'people' only got away with it because others turned a blind eye, selfish monsters who put there own base instincts ahead of any suffering they inflicted on others.

These abused people will never get justice, and many will go on to repeat the barbaric treatment they received on others.
You don't think all these catholic jokes had no actual meaning? Loloololol.

But if you think about it... surely these priests and other people don't believe in God if they're going to do stuff that goes against "his holiness"
Quote from amp88 :In a story that will come as no surprise to many people, a new report has found that the Catholic church has covered up thousands of cases of child abuse (including, but not limited to, sexual abuse) over the past decades:

Full story here.

I think it's fair to say most people have heard of rumours of child abuse by Catholic priests and nuns, but I never thought it was on this scale myself. Is this a by-product of the Catholic faith? Either way, the Catholic church finds itself in a pretty indefensible position and I hope those who have been abused are recompensed (even if it means the Catholic church has to sell one of their priceless paintings or art exhibits to do so!) and the people responsible brought to justice to the full extent of the law. I somehow doubt that will happen though.

we've known this for years, both my mother father and their bothers/sisters have the scar's to prove...

tbh...

in prison, at the least you get a reach-around...
Quote from Bob Smith :Hopefully, though I can't see Christianity disappearing ovenight, sadly.

I don't think getting rid of Christianity is the solution people are looking for.
#15 - VoiD
Quote from amp88 :...over the past decades..

...?

Oh, wow. That´s very noble... let´s forget the other millenniums before. Sunny dark ages...
Quote from VoiD :...?

Oh, wow. That´s very noble... let´s forget the other millenniums before. Sunny dark ages...

Look above. The thing that's different now is that high ranking members of the Catholic church are admitting it took place rather than just covering it up.
-
(5haz) DELETED by SamH : Inappropriate

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG