The online racing simulator
Traction Control Light and Option
When I was driving the new Patch T Version I noticed that traction control is disabled when the blue light was on all the time. I feel that it was backwards. Blue light on should mean that it is on and off means the TC is off like the Speed Limiter. The blue traction control light should flash as it does when it is on and in use.

In addition, I would like an option to disable Traction Control for every car as the default when I "play" (drive) the "game" (simulation).
you can do that with a simple single key press, can't you?
If the light was constantly on when Traction control was on, how would you know when it was working???

The light is there to inidcate you have manual overide on
Quote from Thorvertonian :If the light was constantly on when Traction control was on, how would you know when it was working???

The light is there to inidcate you have manual overide on

When TC is active, you may sometimes, like in any real car with TC, get the light flashing on... this is just to let you know that you are losing traction.

When TC is off, the blue light is permanent, therefore warning you that TC is off...
Yeah I agree the blue light is annoying. But I think they do that in real cars, when it's on you don't know, when you turn it off lots of symbols and crash animations flash up on the digital dashboard (in real BMWs, that is).
Quote from Bob Smith :...when you turn it off lots of symbols and crash animations flash up on the digital dashboard....

Definitely think the TC light should be on if active and flash if traction is lost, engine being retarded.

Would be nice also to have an option to turn it off and on(in car), or an overide button, for when you just need the occasional boost having it off.

That said. We definitely need a server option to limit TC availability.

Rob
Default button is "o"

This button turns on/off the manual over ride, which is why the light is on when traction control is switched off
in real cars the traction light flickers if it is working and is constantly on,
if deactivated! so, this is ok and realistic!
and i also think that the DEVs get informed by BMW Sauber how to do that!
Just had a bit more of a play... And yes it lights up blue when active=loss of traction. It's off when not in use.

I wasn't aware of the "o" binding. Nice.
Isn't the "o" button the same as setting it up as a wheel button for traction control?

In addition, doesn't any car go back to having TC on when I go to replay it? I just want to not have to turn it off everytime I set up a change in the pits and go back to the track. It can be a minor annoyance. I can deal with it, if the option isn't going to be included, I just felt the light functionality was backwards and was curious if other people thought so.
Yeah, actually there is an option to turn it off in the garage.
#13 - Woz
All BMW cars operate this way, all the way down the range to the Mini. They default TC on normally which is light off. Flash when active and having effect on your control input and on all the time when off.

The on all the time it to warn you there is no TC.
yes, it's just like a normal car. (At least in my Audi and any other car with ESP i've driven)

If you turn the TC (ESP) off, the ESP light is on all the time. If it's on and working (if you spin the wheel e.g.) it's flashing.
Oh excuse me, I don't have an Audi or BMW so I didn't know that it that way realistically.
I think it's really light on when TC is on and working. When it's flashing it's becouse car is loosing traction and it's working.

Work of TC is not really linear, when you loose Traction, it works like flashing light, and when car has grip and it's not loosing traction, TC light get off.

That's i think, but i'm not sure 100%
#17 - Woz
Quote from Pumuky :I think it's really light on when TC is on and working. When it's flashing it's becouse car is loosing traction and it's working.

Work of TC is not really linear, when you loose Traction, it works like flashing light, and when car has grip and it's not loosing traction, TC light get off.

That's i think, but i'm not sure 100%

Yep, when enabled and the light is on it means TC is active and doing its job. The flashing is caused by it kicking in then cutting out again once the situation is dealt with, similar to ABS at work.

I really got to hate the TC in my Mini Cooper. The car felt slightly slower to respond and less twitchy on the contols. Far more fun with it turned off I only installed it as there would have been a blanking plate without that just shouts cheap git and looks ugly. £100 to fit is worth it just to have a switch there lol

Now the question is, now that we have TC can we get brake help replaced with ABS. TC works by using the brakes on individual wheels and also changing your throttle input to keep the car in shape. So if the LFS TC works as expected then all the logic should be in place for real ABS and not brake help we currently have.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG