The online racing simulator
market price of LFS
(41 posts, started )
Quote from funRacer[83] :But that my opinion is that as a customer we should just ignore this kinds of attempts from the industry to restrict our rights. Just imagine in the future we don´t buy the Cars, we just buy an license to start and drive the Car. We pay the same amount of money like we pay at the moment but we are not allowed to sell the car. Wouldn´t that be nice for BMW/AUDI/Mercedes and all the other Companies out there.

What, so it's now compulsory to buy LFS? You have the right to buy LFS or not. If you buy it, you accept the licence terms and they form part of the contract of sale. If not, you can either attempt to renegotiate the proposed contract or decide not to buy it. Same with the car example - if you were stupid enough to agree to a contract which had those restrictions in it with which you disagreed with, then that's your perogative. I'm sure they'd get the message when their sells fell...
Quote from funRacer[83] :But that my opinion is that as a customer we should just ignore this kinds of attempts from the industry to restrict our rights.

The LFS guys are so nice regarding unlocks, hacked accounts etc, that I can't help but think you're in the wrong place. MS may be one despicable firm, but for the time being ScaViEr is not like them.
Quote from CodieMorgan :Weather you care about it or not, the fact that you clicked "I accept" means that YOU HAVE TO ABIDE by there terms.

That's not true. As nobody can check if you DO as you said you would when you pressed the "i agree"-button. You do not HAVE TO abide, but the producers/developers wants to make sure you know that you're not allowed to do anything else then what is written in the license.
#29 - SamH
Someone I know recently turned 17 and so is legally allowed to drive, now. Unfortunately he can't afford to take lessons or pass his test, so if anyone would like to sell their full driving licence, please go ahead and post. Preferably one with no points on it would be nice. I'll pass your details on, so you can arrange with the DVLA to transfer your licence to him.
#30 - SamH
Quote from Feffe85 :That's not true. As nobody can check if you DO as you said you would when you pressed the "i agree"-button. You do not HAVE TO abide

You're in cloud cuckoo land. I've not read so much tripe in quite some time. Are you just making this stuff up or did you read it in a fantasy novel?
Quote from SamH :Someone I know recently turned 17 and so is legally allowed to drive, now. Unfortunately he can't afford to take lessons or pass his test, so if anyone would like to sell their full driving licence, please go ahead and post. Preferably one with no points on it would be nice. I'll pass your details on, so you can arrange with the DVLA to transfer your licence to him.

Ooooh can I have one too? I'm happy with a cracked license
#32 - SamH
Quote from J@tko :Ooooh can I have one too? I'm happy with a cracked license

hehe! Sure! I'm sure DVLA will be happy to make the adjustments!
The car comparison was just to show you how wrong it is with the license system and that it wasn´t always that bad!

Years ago the people would laugh at you if you would try to tell them that one day you will not be able to buy a game and sell it if you want to. Nobody would believed you that one day you would just buy a license and haven´t even the right to sell your game after you lose interest in it.
#34 - Jakg
Non-physical goods are almost considered a service to me - if you own a physical product you have the right to sell it, if you don't then you don't.

Saying that I'd have no problem selling my LFS license if I got bored (although I doubt it'd never happen) irrespective of what the EULA says.
#35 - SamH
An LFS licence is a contract. It always was. Contracts throughout history have not ever automatically been transferable. Sale of contracts has always been subject to the agreement itself, not some imaginary "you paid for it, you own it" law.

As Bob pointed out, you do not own the game, you own a licence to use the game. It's not transferable because you cannot transfer it without breaking the EULA.
@Jakg

Well I talk about the right to sell the game not that I really would sell the game.

At the moment for me LFS is the best Multiplayer Racing game. The physics are great, gfx could be better but it is fine for 32! cars on the track) and you can get into a race within seconds and have some nice and fair fights on the track. :up:

So there is no way I am going to really sell the game, but still I should be able to do so.

Quote from SamH :
As Bob pointed out, you do not own the game, you own a licence to use the game. It's not transferable because you cannot transfer it without breaking the EULA.

The problem what you don´t get is that this exactly is the problem. There is absolutely no reason to forbid the customers to sell the games when they get bored by the game. (well of course there is one --> more money if you can shut down the "used games" market).
#37 - Jakg
Same - Even if I was bored of LFS (well I am) I still wouldn't sell it as imo it's not only the best, but I might get some extra content.

Plus I don't want someone else using my name :P

I was talking hypothetically.
Quote from Dajmin :That's not entirely true. In order to sell an account like this, you need to give someone your password, which is in violation of the EULA.
That said, nobody is going to know unless you go around telling people. It's a don't ask/don't tell situation.

Problem is, you don't know what you're going to get. The account you buy may have lifetime bans on a lot of servers, or a really bad reputation around the community.

So if I know I'm dying of cancer or something, I can't leave my account to a friend/family member?
Quote from funRacer[83] :@The problem what you don´t get is that this exactly is the problem. There is absolutely no reason to forbid the customers to sell the games when they get bored by the game. (well of course there is one --> more money if you can shut down the "used games" market).

You don't get it. When you buy game like GTA San Andreas, you own the disc. You may give it away etc. You can't get it for free. In case of LFS, everyone can download full version. But you need a personal license to unlock biggest part of it.
Quote from Shadowww :You don't get it. When you buy game like GTA San Andreas, you own the disc. You may give it away etc.

I don't have GTA, but that's almost certainly not true. All or almost all commercial software is license based, and I bet GTA has a EULA too. And it could also have clauses that you're forbidden to sell it. Owning a physical media disc is meaningless in this context and makes no difference here.

I'd personally never buy S2 license 2nd hand, being stuck with whatever username the guy chose, and with who knows what kind of history behind it. But I do agree that one should be allowed to resell it. A lot of games do allow that too.
well AutoPilot said it already the dvd you get or not get is meaningless. Just buy HL2 for example there you hav an dvd but still you can´t even play the game without agreeing to the steam license and activating your copy of the game.

Even if it would matter there is still no point in forbidding reselling, why the hell is it so difficult to understand what my point is? This whole discussion is so repetitive.

Is my English the problem?

market price of LFS
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG