The online racing simulator
do you mind telling where you got the stiffer spring...i cut mine :tombstone

it turns out that i cut it a bit too much for comfort, and sequential mode downshift (away from me) doesnt work. i want it back to normal, and getting a spring that is exact to the stock one most likely wont happen, so what you have will have to work.

if anybody knows where i can get a stock replacement spring please tell me!!
Hello,

I just buied a G25. I am happy with it, but i am wondering how to set it to 900 degress for LFS? Is there any option to create a sort of script, which automaticaly changed rotation degress (example: Road cars = 900° ; Formulas = 270 or how many they're created for degress)?
Please help me with as many suggestions for it as possible.
You can alter ingame lock with LFS scripts but unluckily you can't do the same for the physical wheel. The thing has already been discussed a bit in this thread.

(TBH the Logitech driver has a checkbox to 'allow games to change settings' but I have no idea if and how LFS could alter the lock. It would certainly rock)
-
(Nobody92) DELETED by Nobody92
Quote from NightShift :You can alter ingame lock with LFS scripts but unluckily you can't do the same for the physical wheel. The thing has already been discussed a bit in this thread.

(TBH the Logitech driver has a checkbox to 'allow games to change settings' but I have no idea if and how LFS could alter the lock. It would certainly rock)

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, i didnt got any answers which i am searching for, in it .

I heard that maximum steering degrees in LFS is 720°, that's why i am wondering how to set it to 900°. What exactly do i need to do, to make it as precisious as possible, since i'll change prefered steering lock from LFS?

If anyone have any good script/s for changing steering degress automaticaly, i'll be very glad, since changing it everytime i change the car, is a bit frustrating. I defenetly dont want to drive FBM with 900° .

Thanks.
Quote from thezero :I heard that maximum steering degrees in LFS is 720°, that's why i am wondering how to set it to 900°.

For the time being, all the road cars use at max 720° of lock (the new Scirocco will supposedly be the first car to feature 900°)

Quote from thezero :If anyone have any good script/s for changing steering degress automaticaly, i'll be very glad

The scripts are for hardcore players who change manually the steering lock every time they switch cars. Basically you go into your lfs\data\script folder and edit every <car code>.lfs file, so that it has the correct /wheel_turn xxx command. E.g.

xfg.lfs
/wheel_turn 720

mrt.lfs
/wheel_turn 270

Otherwise you can just set your Wheel Turn Compensation to 1 and leave your G25 set to 720° and LFS will adjust automatically, but you'll lose the soft stops, i.e. the physical wheel will be able to turn 720° even if you're in a MRT.

I'd give you my scripts but they also set the shifter so it would not be plug and play anyway.
Quote from NightShift :For the time being, all the road cars use at max 720° of lock (the new Scirocco will supposedly be the first car to feature 900°)

But how do i change it to 900° acctualy? I set it to 900° in the profiler and then in the LFS and that's it? I am wondering about it, becouse i want car turning like i will turn the wheel also, not that i will turn wheel for 900°, but ingame there wont be any difference. Screenshot or anything else of settings in-game for 900° will be realy welcome. Thanks for all help NightShift.
Quote from thezero :But how do i change it to 900° acctualy? I set it to 900° in the profiler and then in the LFS and that's it? I am wondering about it, becouse i want car turning like i will turn the wheel also, not that i will turn wheel for 900°, but ingame there wont be any difference. Screenshot or anything else of settings in-game for 900° will be realy welcome. Thanks for all help NightShift.

In-game the steering wheel will only go to 720 degrees. But to fix this, just disable the in-game steering wheel.
Quote from MijnWraak :In-game the steering wheel will only go to 720 degrees. But to fix this, just disable the in-game steering wheel.

Ok, so all i need to do is set 900° in profiler and than same in LFS. What's Wheels Compensation?
Quote from thezero :Ok, so all i need to do is set 900° in profiler and than same in LFS. What's Wheels Compensation?

So? I am hundred percent that there's someone who's playing with 900° :P . Just throw me a screenshot of settings in-game and that's it. Maybe i complicated it a bit when i explained it.
My G25 doesn't clamp to my desk very well. Are there any ways of improving the clamps.
Quote from anttt69 :My G25 doesn't clamp to my desk very well. Are there any ways of improving the clamps.

If by the term of "not very well" you mean that the force they are holding the wheel at the desk is not enough, easy solution would be using rubber ductape on the surface of clamps, girps quite nicely

For thezero:
Attached images
lfs_00000008.jpg
Just recently my G25 has this sharp ticking sound only when I turn the wheel to the right. At first I thought it was maybe the FFB but the ticking still persist when everything gets unplugged. Right now there seems to be no problems but I'm just paranoid maybe and opening it up is probably my last resort after I sawBlackknight555's pics .
Quote from pingy72 :Just recently my G25 has this sharp ticking sound only when I turn the wheel to the right. At first I thought it was maybe the FFB but the ticking still persist when everything gets unplugged. Right now there seems to be no problems but I'm just paranoid maybe and opening it up is probably my last resort after I sawBlackknight555's pics .

To start with if your wheel is still in warranty,
SEND IT BACK FOR REPLACEMENT!!

Is there anything rattling around inside of the wheel housing??
Inside this wheel there is a "Plastic" slide that runs left 2 right(when turning the wheel) gauging the wheels "900" rotational degree's.Under this is a long thin metal strip,(spring of some sort).
Its possible that is worked its way out of its groove.
Are there any differences in first generation G25's en the newest generation?
Quote from Dillyracer :Are there any differences in first generation G25's en the newest generation?

Not that im aware of....
I think there very well might be, i only just got my g25 so i would assume its second generation and it doesnt *click* when changing gears like others i have seen and used.
Quote from tilt :I think there very well might be, i only just got my g25 so i would assume its second generation and it doesnt *click* when changing gears like others i have seen and used.

umm,ive had mine for a while now an mine has never *clicked* when changing gears.

Maybe "second-gen" shifters instead

(don't really matter coz)
*nothing* is made to last forever.
I got my g25 replacement quite recently and TBH if it's any different to my old one, it's because it got worse: the leather is very stiff and not as good looking.

The shifter sounds the same (clickety-click, of course only in H-shifter mode), but the wheel does not, I think that's because the transmission hasn't really been broken in anyway (I just used it once for 10 minutes)

My old one has been bought around mid '08, and was probably manufactured in late '07, I have lost that small envelope but I think it was a Rev 101. The new one appears to be a late '08 model, and still carries Rev 101 label.

If any of you has a G25 that looks or sound significantly different from older ones, please also check the Rev number!
i just had to open up my g25 shifter, as a friend of mine spilled some sort of choco-drink into it... so i had no 6th gear, the reverse was always in :P

sorted it by opening the whole damn thing and resoldering the two wires for the "push-down-for-reverse" button, and then cutting the cables that connect to the little pcb with the above mentioned button. put some electricaltape on it and connected the cables again... now it works but the thing is that i no longer has any warranty on it :P

oh well..
Hello.I don't know where to search and I took the decision to say here.Can someone tell me some good settings for the steering;I want and for the profile and for the game.Personally for drift setting.

Like for 800-900 degrees....Tnx
Got a small "problem" with my G25(it has got 14 month now ). When i am turning max right with power off, at the end of the turn i hear a small knock, like something is loose. I'm rather afraid to look inside my G25, but i am rather curious if it might be something serious. Anybody got any ideas? Everything works great, just this knocking is making me feel a little troubled. Opening G25 propably will make my warranty expire?
I've got this too, but only when turning full lock to the left. Its been like it for well over a year now, and ive had no problems with the wheel so far, so i guess its nothing to worry about.
Good to know , thanks .
so G25 are full of fail?

I only hear about: slack, doesn't pick up movement and become uncentered, strange noise, overheating of the FF motor, shifter broken

seriously, why would I buy a 300$ wheel if it is going to be broken a year later?
Well mine is working fine

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG