The online racing simulator
a little short changed
(118 posts, closed, started )
I don't even think of LFS in the same terms as other games. I understand it's a tiny project, and I appreciate that someone's putting all this effort into making a product that I want even though the immediate commercial potential isn't that great. I'm happy to wait, and I think the product so far is excellent value. I've spent more time in LFS over the last year than I have playing every other game combined. Way more.
It's really simple.
I like LFS.

Sorry for such a simple, but most important, point.
I won't explain or apologize. That is not why I am
here. I made a choice.

So, if I like it, you better like it or else..!
ah forget it,

i hope LFS gets more popular.
Quote from deggis :I referred to your "Physics still FUBAR" thread which included unnecessary provocation. "Constructive mocking" and trolling has a tiny difference...

Nope.

Oh the title, waaaah. Get over the thread title, it got enough people in to read my constructive criticism. And don't tell me they're turned off from the thread title, because if their minds were open in the first place they wouldn't give a crap about the thread title after reading the first post.
Quote from Forbin :I'll bite...

Sure seems to me like you don't consider it childish to tell people to go kill themselves on at least a couple occaisons. Oddly enough your method of choice is poison.

I'm sure that proves you're the perfect example of a mature adult. illepall

Nothing wrong with posting your opinions (as repetative as they may be), but telling people to go kill themselves because their opinion differs from your own is just plain rude.

Quote from Forbin :I'll bite...

Sure seems to me like you don't consider it childish to tell people to go kill themselves on at least a couple occaisons. Oddly enough your method of choice is poison.

I'm sure that proves you're the perfect example of a mature adult. illepall

Nothing wrong with posting your opinions (as repetative as they may be), but telling people to go kill themselves because their opinion differs from your own is just plain rude.

Sometimes you have to ask people to spare yourself the agony of trying to get simple facts through their heads. I wasn't telling them to do that because they disagreed, I am telling people to do that when they act like jackasses and say stupid crap like "If you don't like it don't play it". In which I think it would rid the world of vast stupidity. You're 21 years old, feel free to think what you wish, but it'll probably be wrong.illepall
Quote from AndroidXP :Hey Dethred, want to stir up the old discussion of how the devs make false advertisement with the "players online" count again? Or does anyone in here maybe want to discuss the incredibly-flawed-and-bound-to-fail LFS business model instead? Oh the memories.

()

See, this crap is why I resort to unsavory tactics. Stupidity from others can seriously bother people making perfectly valid points.
Quote from Hankstar :Assuming someone's a highschooler and of a lesser intellectual level then you because they disagree with your constant insulting of so-called "fanboys", and object to the childish grade-school sarcasm displayed in your first post = the height of arrogance. Exhibit A:

And your taking a joke out of context is Exhibit A,B, and C for why you make no point at all.

Quote from Hankstar : "Forum whore", "licking dev nutsack" ... stooping to grade-school level insults of an entire community is clearly the product of a highly educated mind, as is the enormous chip on your shoulder which spawned them.

Blind support for your assertion that majority of LFS players are in denial about LFS's problems and that you're the only one who has noticed them or brought them to our attention = the height of arrogance. Go and see if the Whitehouse is hiring. They have a new war to plan.

I'll have a stab and say that most of us know about LFS's problems without needing you to inform us. I'll also say that we like to play this sim despite its problems because we know they're being worked on and bitching about them solves nothing. Your presence on this forum seems either to be inflammatory or utterly pointless. Try and keep your assertions about me to yourself as you're obviously lost in the fog of your own arrogance.

Actually the fact that people have PM'ed me agreeing attests to the fact that everyone here shouts any dissent down. Its quite incredible how you're too blind to see that.

You fools (yes I am resorting to that because the responses I always get, even from courteous posts, is always complete jackassery) fail to realize that each and everyone of you just shouted the post starter down, and said dumbass things like "Don't play it then". How on earth do you expect people to treat you like adults if your initial response is that of a 5 year old essentially yelling "Nah nah Nee Boo Boo" at the guy critiquing the software.

The reason why the physics still aren't fixed, among other things, is because people just settling for what they have. This is extremely Ironic considering this may be the most interactive forum between the software devs and the buyers. Its like you praise the fact that they interact, but you guys only give praise and shout down constructive criticism. Maybe that's why other software developers don't even bother... Could it be because its the natural tendency of small minds to lean towards this behaviour?

Seriously, I have seen more threads with criticism than my own post count, and every time the person gets shouted down regardless of their approach. And you guys ask *ME* to come in and act civil? Your double standards borderline insanity.
#59 - SamH
You date someone who supposedly likes you the way you are. Then after not very long, they start trying to change the way you are into the way they think you should be.

Tony, LFS is what you paid for. Just because you invested in it doesn't mean you can now make demands on it, to effect a change in the way that it is, and the way the development goes. LFS remains consistently the thing you paid £24 for. It's a work in progress, with periodic updates, that will be finished when it's finished, and not a moment sooner. If that's no longer okay with you, you're the one being inconsistent.

And Defred, stop being a tit.
Dethred you have converted me.
Before i thought u made a puddle of mud look sophisticated, but now, after reading all these posts you made about small minds i totally understand you and your constructiveness. So much it made me wanna follow your party.
Do i need to shave my head or do you allow different hairstyles?
Dethred sure has a way with words:bananadea
Hey Tony01, there's a kid here who might make you an offer to buy your CD if you're not happy with it....lol...see thread called "It Sucks"
#63 - SamH
Quote from AtomAnt :Hey Tony01, there's a kid here who might make you an offer to buy your CD if you're not happy with it....lol...see thread called "It Sucks"

BRILLIANT thinking!!

Go for it, Tony. You've had enough.. now have a heart!
#64 - SamH
Quote from Gabkicks :Dethred sure has a way with words:bananadea

I just reviewed his posts. I think counselling is in order. I think he wins the prize for LFS's most negative disposition.
Tony: Ungratefull Shit illepall, Go play NFS

LFS Owns. Full Stop
Quote from SamH :I just reviewed his posts. I think counselling is in order. I think he wins the prize for LFS's most negative disposition.

No, I just despise a lot of the people on here for terrible posts and making jackass remarks like "He needs counseling".

PS: You seem to have made a good post towards the thread starter, you must be in the 1-2% that think the game is fine but don't whitewash whatever is said to the contrary. Maybe the thread starter feels the lacking qualities in the game were not properly addressed on the webpage?
I'm going to be honest. I agree that LFS is the best sim for the PC period. It's like a breath of fresh air after spending an hour playing an rFactor mod who's creator thinks he knows something about physics or car modeling.

The devs here are very talented but it sucks that updates come every six months. I'm all for vacation when you deserve it, and they certainly deserve it after this months suprise. I just think that the devs really need to step it up and realize that the goal to getting to S3 cant be a part time job if they expect to ever compete with other sims that will be out in 2009- which is right around the time when S3 will be released at this rate. I think the BF1 thing was a good move and I hope it gets more people racing LFS.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :Dethred you have converted me.
Before i thought u made a puddle of mud look sophisticated, but now, after reading all these posts you made about small minds i totally understand you and your constructiveness. So much it made me wanna follow your party.
Do i need to shave my head or do you allow different hairstyles?

Irony is a concept you don't quite understand yet, isn't it?
The same sad story gets repeated over and over. "OMG, LFS isn't perfect! We were fooled."

*Shocker*

The fact of the matter is, you don't get a more realistic, fun, yet easily accessible roadcar (and partly track car) simulation for $42 anywhere, by anyone. Please, enjoy what you have and keep in mind that it's getting better by leaps and bounds for every update Vic, Scawen and Eric do. If you whine about the state LFS is is now, you would have committed suicide back in the demo days.

Oh, and btw, I applaud the trolling effort. Or, as we say it in Finnish: ely2.
You're doing it wrong.
Quote from Dethred :Irony is a concept you don't quite understand yet, isn't it?

you must really be bored to be constantly trying to pick fights online and throwing insults around.
Since I'm not being hindered by any negative pre posts feelings about Dethred, I have to say I found his first reponse very funny

Then again I probably have a weird sense of humor

I've been playing since S1 and thought S1 and S2 both were great, but this new update just made me see how much better it still could be.

Being content or happy with the way something works and defending that is quite ok because it is (at least for me) a bit hard to imagine beforehand what a difference a physics update can make. Then again I don't have to be the creative genius to think about how it can all be better and just play and enjoy the game as it is at that point.

LFS is however the only racesim and in fact only game I've been playing the last year. Every time it's fun and enjoyable so I'm happy I spend the 36€ on it. I got my money's worth out of it big time and intend to hang on till S3 and more. I like the fact it is still developing, because that gives me a game that will change again in the future and will change for the better. If it was finished and development would stop, it would just not be as much fun
I must admit when I bought LFS... I too was a little foolish and jumped to conclusions after getting into a RWD that could barely hold onto the track(default settings). What I didn't do was give it a chance... I kept complaining more then practising and doin setupwork(which is actually the key to enjoying this game to its fullest).

Was my face red when I finally asked a guy for a setup, while we were racing online(the only way). He sent it to me and it changed my whole outlook on the sim. I realized immediately the potential was there... I just never looked for it. And I have ofcourse been happy ever since... HAIL LFS!

What I still don't understand is how so many people see Rfactor as a sim? Maybe that's more your style of game. I bought it when it was released, after having tried the demo and was well... not at all impressed. I played it for less then a week and went back to LFS(like I ever left). Now only the mods that will be developed in the future are my only reason for keeping it.
#74 - JJ72
Nothing to say, besides that you shouldn't use the word "we" all too casually.

Since using "we" implies your opinion to be shared among most of us, I think that's hardly the case on this forum.

The simpliest fact is most of us love the game and think it is how LFS should continue to develop, if not in the minute details but rather for the broad structure.

*It seems it's harder for the ANTI-FANBOYS to reflect on themselves than the fanboys.
Quote from Dethred :Oh the title, waaaah. Get over the thread title, it got enough people in to read my constructive criticism. And don't tell me they're turned off from the thread title, because if their minds were open in the first place they wouldn't give a crap about the thread title after reading the first post.

You thought I haven't read it?

Next time use this thread as an example how to make a constructive critisism thread.
This thread is closed

a little short changed
(118 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG