The online racing simulator
long server name breaks forum layout
(9 posts, started )
when users join servers with really long names, it screws with the forum layout.

image attached.
Attached images
lfs-bustedforumlayout.png
#2 - Bean0
Yeah, happens with stupid-long usernames as well.

Changing from the left hand postbit to the above post one would solve it, but I think it wastes too much page and is harder to read.
It wouldn't say that's broken. If anything, it has adapted quite well.
Quote from Bob Smith :It wouldn't say that's broken. If anything, it has adapted quite well.

if the server name contained even a single whitespace, it would have kept the original layout and linewrapped the server name.
Quote from bunder9999 :if the server name contained even a single whitespace, it would have kept the original layout and linewrapped the server name.

at least it doesnt affect the other post layouts that dont have the stupid server name. I've seen similar things happen on other forums (not VB) where people have abused the "location" or "from" field in their profile and causing the same kind of issue.. only problem was it affected ALL the posts underneath it.... im sure you can imagine how much of a pain that can be, especially if that word is half the length of the friggin screen
HAHAHHAHAH aroX123 . Man, he got some special

Maybe not for positive sign however... =)
Quote from SilverArrows77 :why am i not surprised at who it is on the stupidly named server .....

Alltho I think it's better that it adapts that way, instead of going to a 2th line or something. Maybe the sollution would be to just limit the lenght displayed? Meaning that it would stand something like F1>>>>>>.. , still when pushing it it would be a hyperlink linked as normal, just shortened.
Quote from The Very End :Maybe the sollution would be to just limit the lenght displayed? Meaning that it would stand something like F1>>>>>>.. , still when pushing it it would be a hyperlink linked as normal, just shortened.

works for me.
#9 - PoVo
Quote from The Very End :

Alltho I think it's better that it adapts that way, instead of going to a 2th line or something. Maybe the sollution would be to just limit the lenght displayed? Meaning that it would stand something like F1>>>>>>.. , still when pushing it it would be a hyperlink linked as normal, just shortened.

Good Idea +1

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG