The online racing simulator
It sucks...
(89 posts, started )
#26 - Goop
I'll take your bet His first post says that he is 16...

Like has been said, if you want it, go and work for it. Or, if you're lucky, maybe someone who is sick of the game will see this thread and pass over their unlock/racername.
Yeah that was my first thought actually- there seems to be a few people now and then that want to sell their license for one reason or another- no time to play, not their cup of tea, etc.. I bet you could take over someone's license for 25 bucks.

Hehe, I just had a funny idea-- go to RSC and go into another race sim forum like rFactor, GTL, GTR, etc.. I bet that is where you will find people that want to sell their LFS license!
God. I was a lad on a Milkround at 15/16. I'd been doing a paper round since I was 14. I had sex at 12 and I was driving at 11. Ok, the last two are blatent lies. I didn't start driving till I was 13.

But my point being is that there are ways and means. If you show keen and eager then somebody somehwhere will give you money for doind a job.

One thing my mate did when we where bashing around in teenage hell was get is parents and their friends with cars to come to a supermarket carpark where he set up a car washing and valet stall. He even got a few of us in on the act to help out. For a fee of course. Poeple saw all these cars lining up to be washed and wanted in on it. Worked like a treat until the Supermarket realised it was loosing to much from it's own carwash.

Show a bit of initiative. FFS, your sixteen. You got nothing to loose.
well it depends where i live.. see.. here where i live, i cant think of many places that you can be younger than 17 to work... so.... the times are a changin lol
High tech bums with computers and internet?

I'm sure you will find the way to pick money.
Quote from XCNuse :well it depends where i live.. see.. here where i live, i cant think of many places that you can be younger than 17 to work... so.... the times are a changin lol

Sounds like you need B&Q (for those not from the UK, its a chain of DIY store who only employs spotty teenagers, and very very old people; this means that if you want something half the employees dont want to talk to you, and the other half can't hear you).
#32 - wE1l
Isn't it a straightforward way to ask your parents for it since your still 16?
Quote from danowat :I can't understand how in this day and age, and coming from a rich, developed country like the USA, AND, obviously having a PC and an internet connection, that £24 or $42 is so hard to come by, I can obvioulsy understand people having problems from less well off countries like eastern Europe, but even then I would wonder how difficult it is, because they have again obviously been able to afford a PC, and the monthly cost of a net connection.

If you really wanted LFS that much you would find a way, heck I remember doing paper rounds for £5 a week over 20 years ago, I give my 8 year old daughter nearly £10 a week for doing household chores, I mean she could buy a license in a little over 2 weeks.

If fear that laziness comes into play a lot, as it is in no way impossible to get £24 if you try.

Dan,

Isnt internet in the states free also? Google internet or something.
Quote from Sawyer :Isnt internet in the states free also? Google internet or something.

Yes and hamburgers and beer rain from the sky!
Quote from BWX232 :Yes and hamburgers and beer rain from the sky!

Really? What sort of beer, I might move there.
Quote from Sawyer :Isnt internet in the states free also? Google internet or something.

Yes, and the streets of London really are paved with gold
Quote from Bob Smith :Really? What sort of beer, I might move there.

It is Budweiser so most people just dump it in the river.
#38 - Naix
Lol BWX232 !! You are true Bud is the badest beer I'v ever drank => This is a smiley
man you guys sound SOooOOOooOOOooOOO STUCK UP right now, i was in the same spot he's in now form the time i was 16 till now (19) and i have a BS lil jimmy riged to hell 1.7P4 that can hardly run the game at 20FPS and i get lag at race starts like you will NEVER know will your 1000-2000$ full blown gaming PC's and i dad payed 200 F-ing $ for the thing and he pays for the net (and it's the slowest POS i've seen i dont know how they can call the shit cable!) and i would hardly get 5$ form time to time and had better things to do with the money thn buy a racing sim (like FOOD!) and i had to deal with the fact that i think i have the most tight ass dad on the planet, he owns a F-ing car lot and wont hardly give me any thing. and at that form time to time i had the cash for it but i have to NO way to get it over the net no friends with CC's my dad would never use his on the net, money order was out the door becus thats just the dumbest thing you can do. therre not a damn thing any of you can say to him, i know what type of spot he's in right now and THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING you can say to him right now just help him with what he's asking,

ya wen i finely got a job (sucks more than you will EVER know in the US right now) the 45$ wasnt shit, but i still had no way to get it over the net. so i had to fight with my dad for allmost a full year befor he let me use his CC. so really guys unless your in the same spot as him you have no god damn right to say shit or tell him 'what he needs to do'

sorry to any one on page 2, stop reading on 1. just got ticked off with how eazy ppl think it is to come by money in the US wen your his age...
#41 - th84
Quote from Downshift :sorry to any one on page 2, stop reading on 1. just got ticked off with how eazy ppl think it is to come by money in the US wen your his age...

with a little motivation and effort, he could easily come up with 45 bucks for the game. ive been in the same spot, so dont tell me i dont know. he made a thread about it and people have given answers/advice, so i dont see what ur beef is! unless he lives in the desert with no-one around for miles, he can come up with the money, its summer time and yards need cut and cars need washings!

300!! :monkey:
Quote from DownShift :man you guys sound SOooOOOooOOOooOOO STUCK UP right now, i was in the same spot he's in now form the time i was 16 till now (19) and i have a BS lil jimmy riged to hell 1.7P4 that can hardly run the game at 20FPS and i get lag at race starts like you will NEVER know will your 1000-2000$ full blown gaming PC's and i dad payed 200 F-ing $ for the thing and he pays for the net (and it's the slowest POS i've seen i dont know how they can call the shit cable!) and i would hardly get 5$ form time to time and had better things to do with the money thn buy a racing sim (like FOOD!) and i had to deal with the fact that i think i have the most tight ass dad on the planet, he owns a F-ing car lot and wont hardly give me any thing. and at that form time to time i had the cash for it but i have to NO way to get it over the net no friends with CC's my dad would never use his on the net, money order was out the door becus thats just the dumbest thing you can do. therre not a damn thing any of you can say to him, i know what type of spot he's in right now and THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING you can say to him right now just help him with what he's asking,

ya wen i finely got a job (sucks more than you will EVER know in the US right now) the 45$ wasnt shit, but i still had no way to get it over the net. so i had to fight with my dad for allmost a full year befor he let me use his CC. so really guys unless your in the same spot as him you have no god damn right to say shit or tell him 'what he needs to do'

sorry to any one on page 2, stop reading on 1. just got ticked off with how eazy ppl think it is to come by money in the US wen your his age...

No one said it was easy.. it is a pain in the arse... but when you are young you have energy to burn. That part of it is easy. It sucks being broke, I know- when I was his age I didn't have a pot to p*ss in so I got off my **** and found a way to earn some money. Actually when I was 23 I worked so hard at UPS unloading tractor trailers I was injured by falling boxes and that messed up my back for life.. Now I am unemployed after 3 major back fusion surgeries and need a 4th soon.. hopefully it will be the last.

Man.. that's hard.. being a kid wanting a video game is NOT hard.
One thing I can say- do not work for UPS.. I thought 50 grand a year (eventually) would be great.. didn't count on being disabled for life.
well im sorry for you, F-ing up your back for life

but if you had ANY way to make money ( and i mean any, im not dumb i can think of any thing you can :-) you wer not in the same spot (as i was i dont know what all his op's are but it sounds like the same spot i was in) lol
I dunno- richest country in the world... 16 year old kid.. I say yard work.. millions of kids doing it all over the country.

I guess if he lives in some desert, that would suck.. but where there's a will there's a way. Another thing old farts would love to pay for- washing the car. Parent's friends, neighbors, etc..

Detailing inside of the cars- you know how many cars I have detailed for 30 bucks? Man.. tons back in the day. Bottle of windex/ vacuum cleaner/ armor all and some paper towels.. You can make a fortune with those tools. People love to give kids money who are willing to work too... they go overboard because they know the kid isn't out causing trouble and whatnot and is just being a good kid.
Look you guys, I'm not asking what I can do to make money. I've asked just about everyone around here to do yardwork, and car washing. My parent's o love me, but my gosh, they are mean. They never have any time for me, and don't buy me anyhting. I'll stick with the demo. I'm tired of all the sour opinions.

Sorry I even bothered to ask.
I thought we where being quite posotive towards what was, originally, quite a negative post in the first place . . .

Shame. But then maybe LFS just isn't for you.
Quote from BWX232 :I dunno- richest country in the world...

wait.. what? dude.. the US is 13 billion $ in debt...

thanks to europe mostly during WWII (no offense in any way)
Quote from XCNuse :wait.. what? dude.. the US is 13 billion $ in debt...

thanks to europe mostly during WWII (no offense in any way)

You mean trillion? Yeah we have carried a "debt" since the beginning of time.. every year almost..
So we buy more than we sell.. never really saw how they call that a debt.. trade deficit.. So what.. Talking overall not per-capita.

no free broadband here either. But I HAVE seen beer and hamburgers fall from the sky.

It sucks...
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG