The online racing simulator
Gymkhana Layout
(18 posts, started )
Gymkhana Layout
A short gymkhana style layout I made and have running on my server: U4IK ST8's Server. I've tried to make it easier/less confusing for first timers by using arrow signs and banners, but once you run it once or twice you'll remember it, it's not too confusing.

Couple of screenshots:

Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVlDg3Vptkw

The whole course has route checkers, so there's no chance to cheat/cut corners. I'm sure I covered all possibilities.

So drop by and see how you can do!

Here's some sets that might be usefull: http://www.setupgrid.net/1/setup/misc/get/XRT@DRI

Anyway, see how you get on, I'll be there to make sure you don't get top spot.

EDIT: Attached layout and setup
Attached files
XRT_Gymkhana.set - 132 B - 1826 views
AU1_Gymkhana.lyt - 1.5 KB - 1419 views
I am not much into drifting and such, but I like to look of it. It's not overwhelming usage of objects, but clean and simple. MRT probally could be fun too, even if it's not drifting it's fun to drive that course it seems
Thanks TVE.

I will attach the set I use to the first post, as some drift sets are not easy to control here. Also, you need a good hand brake on this layout.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, lets see your name on the board.
I am not much into drifting, and got GF on visit this weekend
But if the server is up on monday I can join in for some test runs then, probally entertaining for you drift maniacs to watch my trying to desperately drift that car
Hi.

Your lay seems good on the vid =D

Can we have the lay file ?

Alex.
Hi Alex,

Sure, layout added to first post.

Thanks for your comment, now lets see if you actually like driving on it...
Come and have a go, if you think you're fast enough!

Top 20 times:
Attached images
leaderboard.jpg
#8 - G!NhO
Ill try once this week.
Quote from The Very End :I am not much into drifting, and got GF on visit this weekend
But if the server is up on monday I can join in for some test runs then, probally entertaining for you drift maniacs to watch my trying to desperately drift that car

You got no chances - that server has FCV enabled :sadbanana
Quote from Shadowww :You got no chances - that server has FCV enabled :sadbanana

Why does that matter? Because I can't drift outside the cockpit. I used to do the opposite, but now I really like the cockpit view.
I went on earlier for a few goes, was real fun! Managed a 44.01 but I'd hit a cone somewhere and it didn't count.

I'll be back on there at some point - very addictive!
Quote from Shadowww :You got no chances - that server has FCV enabled :sadbanana

I canot stand using anything other than chaseveiw
I am 5th bitches!!!!

still 2 seconds slower than Jack .............but meh
Quote from G!NhO :I am 5th bitches!!!!

still 2 seconds slower than Jack .............but meh

2 seconds slower on a <50 second lap. You alien!!
Nice layout. I dont really drift i sort hench the hand brake up and slide around the turns lol very entertaning and addictive
So I thought I'd post up my latest gymkhana style layout. I have it running on a dedi server on my pc, Gymkhana TEST LX4 only, so that means it has to go off every night, but I'll have it on most days for anyone to try, or till I get bored of it hehe.

Added a screenshot and the layout file, also the top times as of last night so you can see what times you should be getting.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I've added the set I was using, which I originally got from [FU]Elson, so thanks to him for a good start. I edited some small things and managed to beat his time. I can see someone getting a high 1:23 with a super fast run. Good luck anyway and have fun!
Attached images
Aston Gymkhana.jpg
Top.jpg
Attached files
AS7X_Gymkhana.lyt - 4.5 KB - 357 views
LX4_elson edit.set - 132 B - 871 views
-
(CrAbStEr DrIfTeR) DELETED by CrAbStEr DrIfTeR
Deleted my last reply.. Didn't realise the date!

I'l give the second one a try, looks groovy.

But I wish i'd seen this thread when it was made as thats my layout in your first post not yours. Doesn't matter now though. Thats ancient now!
You're serious aren't you? Well, all I'll say is I did make that layout, I wouldn't steal anyone's work. Show me your layout. I wont ask you to prove it's yours because I know, 100% sure, that I put the work into making that layout.

Gymkhana Layout
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG