The online racing simulator
My Racing Simulator Rig :)
(22 posts, started )
I am running a AM2 5200+ 2.71ghz processor running at 3.16ghz.
2 gig of PC6400 ram and a HD4850 512mb video card

The racing simulator is a EDS1.

24" Fujitsu wide screen monitor

G25 steering wheel

Any comments would be great
WOWzers!!
Nice setup you got there!
Pro-Looking indeed!
#3 - Byku
Simple and to the point, doesn't take up too much space.

What did you use for the wheel and shifter base? Is that custom built or some old scraps you found?

Another question, where do you put your keyboard? I'm looking at making something similar you see, 'cept I want the Screen to be about 20cms lower.

how much was your seat, I seen ones like that at supercheap for $250.00

cheers.

ah edit: I see the EDS1 is a complete kit. Sorry. But it's close to what I Want, Screen will be separate to wheel rig so it wont get FFB wobble effected. I have a dedicated 40" PC monitor.

Anyways, nice rig, happy lfs'ing
Quote from JasonJ :I'm looking at making something similar you see, 'cept I want the Screen to be about 20cms lower.

Out of interest, why do you want the monitor to be half hiden by the steering wheel? On my older desktop computer I had lifted the wheel 6 inches just so it doesnt get in the way of the wheel.

Now with my laptop, I made a little box that's 9 inches high to clear the wheel again. I clamp the wheel inside that little wood box so it does move with the laptop on it. It's pretty solid and does the job.

Though I doubt it would be solid enough for a 24 inches monitor.

I think the most important is that your face is around the middle of the monitor. If it's too high or too low you will hurt your neck from being in a akward position for too long.
Attached images
P1000083.jpg
Quote from Riders Motion :Out of interest, why do you want the monitor to be half hiden by the steering wheel? On my older desktop computer I had lifted the wheel 6 inches just so it doesnt get in the way of the wheel.

I don't understand why a lot of people like their monitors to be so high up. I have my monitor personally right behind my wheel, on the same level of desk the wheel is clamped too. The wheel pokes into the bottom of the screen, covering part of the dashboard in the car as it should. I'd hate to be looking up at the track well above what should be the horizon.
I have a 14'' laptop if you wanna know. If I let it at the same level as the wheel, I basically dont see anything.
thanks for all your comments, I personally like the monitor to resemble the windscreen of a car, in this respect I use the in car view in all games so that portion of the game is not visible anyway.

The actual unit was purchased by a company that PPD is partnering up with
the whole kit comes as a package and can be purchased from Elite Pros
I have the links on my web site

http://www.polepositiondriver.com

here is the direct link to the Simulator
http://www.elitepros.com/EDS1.html
Quote from Riders Motion :Out of interest, why do you want the monitor to be half hiden by the steering wheel? [snip]

Couple reasons-

• The same way the pros do it.
  • The stand on these Big LCDS are hugh in height.
  • I don't wanna CHOP out a square in my LCD, i t might effect the electronics a bit.
  • I have the screen real estate to use
  • I am looking for the most realistic viewpoint.
  • The wheel needs to float in the middle of the screen, (the ingame wheel is off)
I want this....

But cannot chop out a square in my monitor.

I have this now (big black gap at top and the view gets distorted all over the place)

I want this view... (with zero pitch, but the screen about 30 cms lower so the wheel is in the middle of the view where is belongs so that so it doesn't feel like I am sitting on the tarmac like in the following pic)

Hope that makes sense, sorry for taking over the thread, but just answering the guy's question.

I see people showing off their sim racer cockpit and cringe because the damn in-game-wheel dominates the view. IMHO you dont need it if you have a wheel irl sitting there. It's just duplicated information and the ingame wheel is redundant and distruptive to the action.

So I was saying that this rig by the OP is nice because the screen can be dropped a fair amount by choosing a different LCD stand, independant of the wheel stand.
Attached images
fd01.JPG
DSCN9476s.jpg
DSCN9474s.jpg
I also have the in game wheel off, with a slight view pitch. I do want that monitor / TV though...
Quote from polepositiondriver :I am running a AM2 5200+ 2.71ghz processor running at 3.16ghz.

What voltage are you running to get to this clock?
Sorry for the late reply,
I was running 1.45 volts.

I actually got it to 3.25 and my 3d mark score went from 9700 to 11004 points
If you ever need a hand just ask
hhm that mod in the 3rd post must have a brushless motor from an rc car ide know
Quote from driftoner :hhm that mod in the 3rd post must have a brushless motor from an rc car ide know

Did you mean the one designed by Arc Team? I don't think they could use a brushless motor, most brushless motors have a hall sensor so if there is too much holding back on the motor you will find that they won't spin.

There are some very commercial brushed motors that would more than likely rip my hands off haha.

News on the Racing Sim,
I am waiting for my Buttkicker Gamer to arrive, I had 2 bass shakers from a Aura Cushion but I am having a bit of trouble mounting them at the moment

Keep checking for any up to date photos
A few updates.

The buttkicker Gamer has been installed, i'm also developing a custom dash surround around the logitech G25 which will feature key ignition, and a selection of buttons including a motion sensor handbrake from an old Sidewinder Freestyle pro
Nice,

Does the buttkicker make the 24" monitor rattle? That would freak me out.
Thanks for the compliment. It stays pretty steady overall, it could probably push it over but the stand is pretty strong on my 24" monitor.

Where abouts in Australia are you? Have you seen our articles in Techspace magazine?

http://www.polepositiondriver.com/?page_id=701
My simracing rig :)
Quote from bunder9999 :did you make that bracket? i know a few people who have been looking for them to connect omp wheels to the g25 steering column. if they are mass produced, a link would be cool.

yes it's "homemade" bracket. It is made out of 4 mm aluminium, water-cutted and machine drilled.
Quote from silverfox1973 :yes it's "homemade" bracket. It is made out of 4 mm aluminium, water-cutted and machine drilled.

You did an awesome job. How long did it take you to make them? You should start selling them. The Logitech G25 is a very capable wheel, the only thing that lacks is the ability to swap over to different steering wheels. I'd love an OMP wheel on mine

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG