The online racing simulator
Oh God, hope the next F1 thread wouldn't continue this topic.
Quote from spookthehamster :The problem with 'fuel corrected' is that it assumes all the cars weigh the same without fuel.

they do. with ballast they are all 605kg.
Quote from Intrepid :Would this man dress like that if there was a large population of black people that attended the Grand Prix? No of course he freakin' wouldn't!

and why do you think that would have been the case?
Quote from Intrepid :Some people seem to have forgotten we enslaved an ENTIRE race of people not THAT LONG AGO! The issue is still very fresh regardless of what people say.

Not in our country, you can be sure of that.
Of course there are some little racist groups in the big cities, but people in the street don't bother with american slavery problem
Quote from evilgeek :they do. with ballast they are all 605kg.

Really, You're sure of that? What makes you so sure, is it because that's what the press assume in their reports?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some small variations in there. Nothing huge, but something small.
Quote from spookthehamster :Really, You're sure of that? What makes you so sure, is it because that's what the press assume in their reports?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some small variations in there. Nothing huge, but something small.

Wrong, you realise some of these cars are a good 200kg under limit without ballast, 80kg is the weight of the average KERS system(i think they said something in the last gp) so really there far under the min weight limit.

For a team to be over minimum limit would put them in a extreme dis advantage unless there car is so badly balanced on the limit.
Quote from RocksGt :Not in our country, you can be sure of that.

You sure about that

http://www.east-buc.k12.ia.us/00_01/CA/sla1.htm

"Portugal and Spain became increasingly involved in the African slave trade during the early 1500's, after they had established colonies in the Americas. Portugal acquired African slaves to work on sugar plantations that its colonists developed in Brazil. Spain used slaves on its sugar plantations in the West Indies. During the early 1600's, the Netherlands, France, and England also began to use African slaves in the American colonies."

I for one don't like the idea of telling people what they can and can't do . Whether this bloke is racist or not I don't know. But I think it's in very BAD taste and judgement to act like he did
Quote from Intrepid :You sure about that

http://www.east-buc.k12.ia.us/00_01/CA/sla1.htm

"Portugal and Spain became increasingly involved in the African slave trade during the early 1500's, after they had established colonies in the Americas. Portugal acquired African slaves to work on sugar plantations that its colonists developed in Brazil. Spain used slaves on its sugar plantations in the West Indies. During the early 1600's, the Netherlands, France, and England also began to use African slaves in the American colonies."

I for one don't like the idea of telling people what they can and can't do . Whether this bloke is racist or not I don't know. But I think it's in very BAD taste and judgement to act like he did

Are you kidding me?
Quote :Some people seem to have forgotten we enslaved an ENTIRE race of people not THAT LONG AGO! The issue is still very fresh regardless of what people say.

Four centuries are not THAT LONG AGO! ? :ices_rofl

In Spain there are not racism problems with black people. Indeed the little racist groups (a rare minority in big cities) are more angry against latin-americans rather than against african people. And there's a big flow of inmigrants from Africa, but they're not conflictive people in general.

I'm sure that if you make a poll of unliked races in Spain the win is for the gipsies by far... but black people? No way man :color:

I think in other countries people is sick with racism threat and sees racist acts where they do not exist. It comes to my mind the photo of the Olympic Basket Team and international press (especially the yellow english press -The Sun and crap like that-) pointing that as racism...
In while, we were between laughing and facepalming at them for being such a morons That type of paternalist, extremist-defensive behaviour is much more racist than anything else
Quote from RocksGt :
Are you kidding me?

Four centuries are not THAT LONG AGO! ? :ices_rofl

In Spain there are not racism problems with black people.

Slavery was only abolished around 200 years ago and I can assure that really isn't a LONG time at all. Just coz a human only lives for around 70 doesn't mean we can't learn lessons from our history. I also didn't say Spain had a racist problem and what's so wrong with gypsies?

All I stated that it screams of complete ignorance and stupidity to go and black yourself up to mock a driver considering the disgraceful history of our countries in regard to slavery.

I don't want to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. it's up to the individual to decide! That i have to make clear! but I just want to remind people of our history and it's something we CAN NOT forget and put away as being 'long time ago' because it REALLY wasn't. This act just shows the ignorance in our world today
Quote from spookthehamster :Really, You're sure of that? What makes you so sure, is it because that's what the press assume in their reports?

i'm definitely sure. it's in the technical regulations. by using carbon fibre, it is very easy to make a car that is way lighter than the mininum, and the cars are brought up to the minimum using ballast, which is placed strategically around the car to improve balance and handling.

one of the big complaints the teams have had about KERS not that it makes one car heavier than another, it's that cars using it can't use as much ballast, and so they can't fine tune their handling as well. the problem is even worse for heavier drivers, who have less ballast to work with than lighter drivers in the first place.

this complaint is being addressed by the FIA, who plan to raise the minimum weight next year (to 620kg iirc).

somebody who throws the word "assume" around really ought to read the rule book and find out the truth for themselves. assuming that somebody else is making assumptions and is therefore wrong is highly illogical.
Quote from Intrepid :Slavery was only abolished around 200 years ago and I can assure that really isn't a LONG time at all. Just coz a human only lives for around 70 doesn't mean we can't learn lessons from our history. I also didn't say Spain had a racist problem and what's so wrong with gypsies?

All I stated that it screams of complete ignorance and stupidity to go and black yourself up to mock a driver considering the disgraceful history of our countries in regard to slavery.

I don't want to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. it's up to the individual to decide! That i have to make clear! but I just want to remind people of our history and it's something we CAN NOT forget and put away as being 'long time ago' because it REALLY wasn't. This act just shows the ignorance in our world today

Well, sorry man, but I must tell that spaniards have forgot that part of our history. Maybe because it happened outside of our country, but believe me, nobody nowadays is concerned about slavery in the colonies. Indeed I actually doubt the majority of spanish people know what territories were spanish colonies in the past

And that not means at all that we can conquer half of the world again and put their people in chains if you're worried about that

And gipsies... well, let's say that some of them are out of the law and they really are a very conflicting people in some places

And of course, is stupid what that guy did but it's not racist. That people it's usually not so smart so if he intended to be racist it would be clear as water
Quote from RocksGt :Well, sorry man, but I must tell that spaniards have forgot that part of our history. Maybe because it happened outside of our country, but believe me, nobody nowadays is concerned about slavery in the colonies. Indeed I actually doubt the majority of spanish people know what territories were spanish colonies in the past

Nope it did happen in your country!
Quote from Intrepid :Slavery was only abolished around 200 years ago and I can assure that really isn't a LONG time at all.

By that logic, the two world wars happened just yesterday... Yesterday wasn't that rough though...
Quote from bbman :By that logic, the two world wars happened just yesterday... Yesterday wasn't that rough though...

In terms of history they freakin' well did happen yesterday and we can learn a WHOLE lot about what caused them...!
Quote from Intrepid :I for one don't like the idea of telling people what they can and can't do . Whether this bloke is racist or not I don't know. But I think it's in very BAD taste and judgement to act like he did

I'm inclined to agree. I'm nor sure whether or not it's racist, or whether the guy had racist intentions or not, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that a guy looking like that would get the absolute shit kicked out of him if he approached a group of black people here.

The way to break the taboo of race and racism isn't to mock it imo, you have to let it go altogether...
Quote from Intrepid :All I stated that it screams of complete ignorance and stupidity to go and black yourself up to mock a driver considering the disgraceful history of our countries in regard to slavery.

how often will you type that until you notice its apples and oranges?

but yeah makes perfect sense
black => slave => no hats => heads exposed to to the sun => too tired to press the right buttons
the only minor flaw in that logic is that lewis usually wears a helmet while hes pressing buttons

Quote from Jertje :I can tell you with absolute certainty that a guy looking like that would get the absolute shit kicked out of him if he approached a group of black people here.

so what youre saying is black people are violent?

THREAD DERAILED!!!
Quote from Shotglass :so what youre saying is black people are violent?

Everyone has the potential to be violent.

I see you're from Germany. If your father was a Nazi officer in the war and he was hung for war crimes, would you think it was funny if I came to your house dressed as a Nazi at halloween?
Brilliant.

Not only does the thread go off topic with a racism discussion (that will never end btw) you decide to bring in being a Nazi to the mix, and a MASSIVE hypothetical as well, classic.

I know you may be trying to make a point but it will be totally lost.
^Just.... :ices_rofl
well, i showed the picture to my girlfriend, and she was quite literally stunned by it. I think many of you, not being black don't understand the impact of it. It's something you never will, but the denial that a lot of you show, it's quite sad.
Quote from BenjiMC :I think many of you, not being black don't understand the impact of it.

What impact does one spanish idiot painting his face black have?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG