The online racing simulator
Ferrari to quit F1 over budget rows [?]
Quote :Ferrari 'to quit' over budget row

Ferrari have announced they will quit Formula 1 at the end of the season if the sport continues with plans to enforce a £40m budget cap from 2010.
"No F1 in 2010 if the rules do not change," read a statement. "Ferrari does not intend to register cars for the 2010 F1 world championship."

Ferrari fear the evolution of a two-tier championship, between those teams who adopt the cap and those who do not.
The teams will discuss the plans with FIA chief Max Mosley in the next week.
Mosley, who heads the sport's governing body, has previously insisted F1 could continue without Ferrari, saying: "The sport could survive without Ferrari. It would be very sad. It is the Italian national team."
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, meanwhile, dismissed claims Ferrari could quit F1 on Tuesday morning, telling the Times: "Ferrari are not stupid. They don't want to leave Formula 1 and we don't want to lose them, so we'll get to grips with it."
More to follow.

Sauce

E: In before Devildare and Toki
if if if if if

It's just brinksmanship, expect Red Bull and Toyota to annouce the same too
Nice nice..... To be honest i dont care. There have been, what, like 5 new teams interested in joining F1? Yes Ferrari is a big factor in F1 however, I do not think big enough to change plans for future rules/improvements by threatening of quitting F1....

Is like that they somehow think that they are the Formula 1.... Not everything revolves around them, and they need to accept that and stop this bs.... Just like Max Mosley said, it is very unlikely that FIA will change the cap because of this...

Quote :E: In before Devildare and Toki

Lol...
good. F1 doesnt need Ferrari as much as Ferrari think it does.
#5 - Gil07
#6 - CSF
I think this is just a ploy. Would it surprise anyone if Ferrari suddenly change their minds when all the other major manufactures announce a pull out? Bernie and Max get rid of the car companies who were never going to stay long term, and Formula One gets some new blood. But in the current financial climate it is likely there will be no winner from this rather strange affair...
Sadly, the FIA does need Ferrari. Ferrari provide a lot of the mystique (perhaps misplaced, but that's the way it is), they provide a huge chunk of the fans, and they are a huge part of the history.

But F1 is going downhill faster than an olympic skier with Max and Barnie at the head of the table. I'm sure if 7 of the current teams (or so) refuse to sign up then the FIA will back down, whilst simultaneously looking even more stupid.

And then soon FOTA will get full control of F1, Max will disappear to Cuba and Barnie will die (he's not getting any younger). And F1 will, in one fell swoop, be saved. I hope.
You need to check your F1 history knowledge a bit more. Ferrari was way more popular then ANY team even before Schumacher was born, and still is more popular than any team since he's retired.
#9 - wild
So Ferrari are the next on the bandwagon. Toyota, Red Bull and Toro Rosso have already stated that they are unlikely to enter Formula One from 2010 onwards if there is no radical change to the regulations.

I agree with you Tristan FOTA should get complete control of all the Formula One assets. Maybe then they'll actually be able to go to tracks where they want to race and not ones Bernie wants to.

E: Why will Max go to Cuba?
#10 - SamH
I grew to despise F1 increasingly over the last few years, and attribute that largely to the relationship between Mosley and Todt/Ferrari, which in the years since the last Concorde agreement have damaged the integrity of F1 to the point of raw mockery.

I have to say that Di Montemezolo's forcible change of impetus within Ferrari, his involvement in FOTA alongside the other teams, and the imminent departure of Mosley from FIA and F1, could yet see me back to following F1 again. Heck, I might even become a Ferrari fan.

Okay, no promises on the last point but if all things really DO become equal among the teams in F1, I can actually see me delighting in a win for Massa.

The only thing that could screw it up for me at this point is if Todt returns, and assumes the position he was supposed to be gifted, at the head of the FIA.
#12 - 5haz
Now watch as the FIA suddenly undergo an about face, IMO they would be very stupid not to.

Meh, dunno what to say.
#13 - wild
Quote :The FIA is optimistic that a deal can be agreed with teams to move forward with plans for a budget cap in Formula 1 next year, but has warned that it will not compromise simply because of the 'hysteria' caused by threats to quit the sport.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75267
Reduce cap to 20m just to spite the whiner teams. There, sorted
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Reduce cap to 20m just to spite the whiner teams. There, sorted

20k, there you go :-) shouldn't even buy the fuel for 'em

greetz

der butz
They should just inforce the cap not make it a option.
Quote from niall09 :E: In before Devildare and Toki

F1 would s**k without Ferrari, it even s***s right now too. A team with a history like this can't be left to leave. And it's not only Ferrari who is thinking on leaving.
I'd be happy if Ferrari leaves. It would make my day, and I don't care what others say
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Alfa Romeo IndyCar in CAD stage yet?
#20 - 5haz
Hah, as Deggis pointed out, it's not the first time Ferrari have done this, in the late 80s Ferrari threatened to pack up and go off to indy over some proposed rule changes, the project ended up being an Alfa Romeo project, and of course Ferarri stayed in F1, that time the FIA backed down to the black horse, I wonder if they do this time, probrably not seeing as Mosely and Bernie seem to be intent on destorying all that is F1.
Quote from Max Mosley :Formula 1 can survive without Ferrari!

I think: F1 without Monaco GP and without Ferrari isn't F1...

And, if the rules keep getting restrict like that, DTM will become F1 in a few years...
Di Montemezolo is my hero. Max and Bernie are a joke and they have been systematically ruining F1. It has to stop.
This years rule set and budget cuts are fine , best racing in years and they want to bastardize it some more?

Bernie and max should be strapped to that cash extracting KERS rubbish and shocked till there dead or come to terms that there both complete idiots.

Death to the FIA and there stupid race starting times!
trouble is the budget cap is too low, hell even force india will have to reduce its budget by aprox 50% to meet it and virgin estimate that they could net over £85 million by selling off sponsorship space on the brawns. none of the teams want two differing sets of rules plus of course the question is if anyone could actually afford to develope anything to take advantage of the slack regs and still stay under the budget
Quote from wild :E: Why will Max go to Cuba?

Dunno... First place that sprung to mind. Probably tells you more about me than Max

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG