The online racing simulator
Post your scary moments thread!!
(139 posts, started )
i was getting lessons from a mate in his Ibeza before...

so it was about 9-10 pm, no traffic or anything, ideal situation...

so we went out and about, through the gears, double clutching, quick launching, taxi driving and all the other various techniques and all went well.

about 20 minutes later, on a rural by pass, the lights in seats ( namely a 96 ) aren't known for their greatness, but appeared to be in pwo earlier so we proceeded, with only the lights of the car, turned into a 20/25 degree right hander only to hit a traffic island and skid upside down

all the damage thank go was cosmetic, ground was a little scrapped but all in all, one phone call and 5 anxious minutes later we got a van, pulled her onto her wheels and i gave him my bullet of a pug 106...

All and i mean All cars should have roll cages as standard.

after about 2-3 weeks my oul lad seen me mates car and said " Nice. "

comming from the tightest pocketed, wouldn't give a penny to anyone makes everything last forever it was a nice change "

" Thank god you get rid of that .lil Peugeot... now you can get a real car "

" like what... a pink Mitsubishi mirage asti ? " i said.

great memory, quite a close call also
when i first rode a mx bike, it was waay too big for me(250cc) and it moved very fast. than i saw a corner coming and i didnt know how to brake. it got me scared and i fell, also i was scared that i also f*ck up the bike, since it wasnt mine and costs alot
Quote from JO53PHS :@ S14 - How did you ever manage to put yourself in the position of nearly being run over by a train?

I have no idea. I'll think of something and let you know.
:ices_rofl
I feared for my life when playing poker on Thursday, my very first deal and I deal this to myself with A 9, very suspiciious but I swear I didn't cheat!
Attached images
DSC00150.JPG
I was on my bike, cycling on the road, and all of a sudden this car drives 20 cm next to me. I couldn't get on the pavement, so I was just shitting my pants. This went well.

btw, Becky, how come you get in such crappy situations?
Someone didn't like the x-system i take it becky.
Quote :btw, Becky, how come you get in such crappy situations?

Well for a start I suffer from "conviction". This is a cronically life endangering condition which compells me to stand up for what I believe in. I cannot emphasise enough how dangerous it is to say "no, that's not right", but your's truly has a habbit of it, part of this condition is that for many years whenever a knife or gun was being branded about I know that within 2 minutes it was going to be used against me as I proceeded to put myself in the middle doing what I thought was right, I hope never to find out if i'm still afflicted with this life shortening condition.

I gather for most people exposure to such things is rare, but perhaps owing to my nefarious youth where I had much more to learn about life than I realised at the time, I have done a few things which has exposed me to a side of life that I guess most people don't get to see.

I've done a lot of things in my life, i'm one of those who has "walked many paths", i'm able to talk reasonably openly about it because of the statute of limitations but you'll have to accept that you'll never get the full story.

Suffice it to say I ache on cold mornings, my sleep is haunted, and I have some old friends that - in the nicest possible way - I hope to never cross paths with again. Some years back I started my life over and became a good and honest person (by my own moral standards anyway).

These days i'm just a middle aged woman with 2 cats, crazy hair colours, a suburban lifestyle, and a few stories that don't go down well when the ambassador gets out the ferrero rocher.
Quote from Becky Rose :and a few stories that don't go down well when the ambassador gets out the ferrero rocher.

Did you know, he has those at all his receptions.

Seriously though, that is some scary stuff becky, you're definately braver than me when it comes to those, erm, less than comfortable situations.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Seriously though, that is some scary stuff becky, you're definately braver than me when it comes to those, erm, less than comfortable situations.

Bravery is the inverse value of intelligence multiplied by reasons to live.
Quote from Becky Rose :Bravery is the inverse value of intelligence multiplied by reasons to live.

that actually makes sense to me! the reversely related (as one goes up other goes down) intelligense times how bad you want to live is how brave you are.

sooooo...how dumb you are times how much you like life is how brave you are
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I have no idea. I'll think of something and let you know.

Fail.

No, seriously.

FAIL

I knew that you nearly getting run over by a train was too good to be true

I had no internet for 1 week, BEAT THAT
Quote from aroX123 :I had no internet for 1 week, BEAT THAT

What a pity it was fixed by last night you little spammer!

That's what you get when you crash the master server and hack on a CSS LFS event..

I know people who never had internet. (in my age, no srsly)
#46 - Woz
One of the real scarey moments for me was when a pack of Pig Dogs set on one of my dogs while my wife and I were walking down a river bed.

The person "walking" these monsters was the wife/girlfriend of the owner and had no control over them. They all set about one of my dogs.

They say never get involved in a dog fight but these monsters were in full take down mode so I just reacted. I had to wade in or watch my dog die.

Kicked one off then picked up another and chucked it away. Then picked up a few KG of rock ready for skull smashing before they got the message and backed down. Even when they realised I meant to kill them they still circled before I backed them down.

My dog had the fur ripped away from a few areas and a couple of puncture wounds but that was it, we got lucky.

First time in my life I have had to react to fight/flight where I might have had to kill something. Not nice.
Quote from Stefani24 :I know people who never had internet. (in my age, no srsly)

Poor guy, got nothing to live for ...

I had no internet for 12 years, BEAT THAT
Being in a tropical storm on a katamaran above the Great Barrier Reef, with people puking like mad, and sensing that the crew of the ship lost their cool attitude (and control of the ship). Feels bad when the underbody of the ship bashes on the waves. Even some cupboards broke lose onboard.
-*-

Cruesing at 120kph on the autobahn in heavy traffic, when I see a truck standing at an exit, just to notice that the car in front of me has to swerve around the tire this truck lost a minute or so before. I had a hard time avoiding the tire and lift off oversteer afterwards

Post your scary moments thread!!
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG